1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I think they'll play out the first half of the season to see who steps up. I think if their on the bubble I think they trade west for a young guy or a pick. It seems like their fan base is open to moving him just on the basis of doing right by him so he can compete on a contender. I'm also assuming they'd want to send him out the WC too.

I'm hoping we give enough PT to dmo for his stock to rise and be enough of a valued asset to trade for a guy like west. I'd make a trade centered on jones for him though if we had to. He'd fit great in our front court and his contract with two years left fits perfectly for cap space or as an expiring in trade if we want to stay open for making a run at KD.

2. Hourockets22

Hourockets22 Member

Indiana is silly if they don't tank this season.

3. fattz

fattz Member

What we need is a:

Glue guy / help at the 4 / spacing -- Wilson Chandler

Denver has the answer to our needs & will trade him

our assets:
    Jones, DMo, Gee, Capela, Bev, Lull rights, & NOP pick & our 1st round '17

Not ready to trade Jones & Bev, yet.

so

DMo, Gee, Lull's rights & NOP pic
    ...for...
    Chandler

(Johnson or Bev) / Harden / Ariza / Jones / Howard
    Rotation : Chandler /(Johnson or Bev) / (Capela or Dorsey)

*Chandler 6th man of the year*

4. shheye2k

shheye2k New Member

What about trading for Paul Milsap? He's not the sexy 3rd star, but his scoring and rebounding ability will be an upgrade over Terrance Jones. He's in his final year in Atlanta, and there's very little chance he stays.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

When I wrote that, I didn't know about the injury yet. :( Yikes.

I don't think they'll blow it up anyway, if the last 25-30 years of the Pacers' history is any indication. They are an excessively patient and slow organization.

Even if a tank starts to make sense at some point over the next two years, I don't expect it.

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We will not trade Jones or the NOP pick for anything less than a Milsap type asset.

Use the TPE to acquire Ilyasova. Use pick protection to ensure this is a pick in the 10-16 range over the next 4 years. That puts us acquiring the pick in 2-3 years but locks in some value.

Then trade NOP pick+Motiejunas+Canaan+Euro asset for Dragic.

After that, MIL pick+Gee+Covington+Capela for Michael Kidd Gilchrist.

Howard/Dorsey
    Ilyasova/Jones
    Ariza/MKG
    Harden/Daniels
    Dragic/Bev

7. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Big no to MKG. Can't shoot for ****. He's athletic but he's a TERRIBLE shooter.

8. CertifiedTroll

Morey/DaDakote, let me know what you think:

76ers: Wroten, Young

Rox: Alonzo Gee, TJ, Hopson, Josh Powell, NO Pick

Wroten is a solid 6 man and Young is equal to or better than TJ. This would remove future flexibility so I am not sure how good of an idea it is.

9. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I am neither of those posters, BUT.... I think Young is part of the CLE-MN-PHI trade (Young ends up in MN) that is all but done according to "sources"... LMAO (seriously, Young looks to be headed to MN)

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Houston In: Dragic
    Houston Out: TJones, NOP 2015 1st

PHX In: Faried
    PHX Out: Dragic

DEN In: TJones, NOP 2015 1st
    DEN Out: Faried

I've left out salary fillers because they are just that........salary fillers.

Houston gets Dragic.

PHX cleans reallocates their roster and gets a very good PF that fits their style.

DEN gets 2 years of TJones (vs 1 with Faried) and a good pick.

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Houston out: jones/capela/(NGcontracts)gee/hopson/powell/2nd
    Houston in: millsap

Atlanta out: millsap/schroder/1st
    Atlanta in: hibbert/hou 2nd

Indiana out: hibbert
    Indiana in: jones/capela/shroder/gee/hopson/powell/atl 1st

1 person likes this.
  12. da_juice

da_juice Member

That might just work.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Well I would hate that trade for the Pacers, but maybe Bird decides he sees something in these long shot scrubs. He and Walsh did trade established pieces for Jermaine and Ron Artest years ago, so one can't say 'never.'

14. fattz

fattz Member

more thought...

Dmo, Lull rights, NOP pick & (Filler)
    ..for...
    WC & Foye

then

Jones
    ....for....
    Kieff Morris

same upside - Jones runs better (good fit for Suns) and Kieff shoots better (good fit Rox)

Foye/Harden/Ariza/Morris/Howard
    Bench: WC, Bev, Johnson, (Dorsey or Chapela)

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If the developments with Bledsoe are true...

Here's what I have in mind, it's kind of hard to follow, because there is so many possibility's with what we can do, but I think that's exactly what Morey likes.

We can do a couple of things with trading for Bledsoe

A - Trading without sending salary, using the TPE, example - Pelicans first and rights to Papanikolaou and Gentile for Bledsoe.

B - Trading without using the TPE, sending out barely enough salary for the trade to work, example - Motiejunas, Gee and Pelicans pick for Bledsoe

After trading for Bledsoe - Thing is, because Bledsoe will have no bird rights being traded on a qualifying offer, we must have enough cap space to sign him to a max contract next off season. This makes things tricky, because it means we would HAVE to trade multiple players like Jones, Motiejunas, Capela, Dorsey and Canaan just to clear space be able to re-sign Bledsoe, because again, he has no bird rights..

Here's my idea of being able to trade for Bledsoe, and still be able to upgrade the rest of the roster while simultaneously gutting it, .... we can trade for a bunch of expiring players who have bird rights. Tada!

Following trade A - In the scenario where we keep Gee, Jones, Motiejunas, Hopson, Powell, Dorsey, Capela, Canaan and Covington, we can, and will have to, trade or cut every single one of those players to be able to re-sign Bledsoe. So what we could do is trade them for a bunch of expiring players like - Derrick Williams, Bass, Dunleavy, Mozgof, Darrell Arthur.. etc, basically any player expiring that would benefit this teams future plans.

Why trade for a bunch of expiring players? We would have all of these players bird rights, meaning we could sign Bledsoe with our cap space, and re-sign a bunch of role players with their bird rights.

Following plan B where we trade salary and keep our TPE - Basically the same plan as plan A, we just use the TPE to trade for expiring players to re-sign with bird rights.

The possibility's are endless with trading for multiple expiring players who would give the rockets the chance to re-sign them with bird rights.

Bledsoe/Beverley
    Harden/Daniels/Johnson
    Ariza

Howard

Would be our set team, we would just have to fill out the roster with expiring players that have bird rights. For example, players like Bass, Mozgof(early termination), Arthur and Dunleavy.

Bledsoe/Beverley
    Harden/Daniels/Johnson
    Ariza/Dunleavy
    Bass/Arthur
    Howard/Mozgof

So, we could build a pretty badass roster around trading for Bledsoe, it would just be difficult and complicated.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Knicks are making Wayne Ellington and Prigioni available, both are very good 3 pt shooters.

17. BigMaloe

I think its close but indy is the wild card. Obviously depends on what bird is planning and if he is going to blow it up. But its a good baseline of a trade.

Ive been wanting to talk to you dfb, obviously your upset as you should be. Im curiou if your up for a rebuild or one season tank.

I would be. Granted it seems a low return for hibbert, but his market is diminished from the playoffs and the current state of the team.

Scrubs is a stretch though. Jones has potential and is a younger athletic starting 4 Indiana will need after they trade west. Capella is a defensive c project. Schroder is a young pg with potential. So that's the potential young cheap role players. Along with a likely middle first round pick from Atlanta. And about 5-6 mill in non guarantee salaries to cut for cap space.

Trade west for a similar package to a lesser extent and you tank to get a to 7 at worse draft choice. And when George comes back he has a lot of young talent around him to build around.

I do feel for you though. I really do...

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I'm not thinking about tank, I just don't think it's going to happen, so no point to think. Even the most patient fans wanted a tank at some point after the Artest melee, and instead the Pacers picked at no. 10-15 for 5 or 6 years. Has any team seen a more mediocre stretch in the 2000s? If a tank didn't happen then, it won't happen now. I just don't see this team ever tanking while under the current owner.

As for Hibbert, he is only 27-28 and healthy. Keep him, re-sign him, even if George takes a couple years to come back, Hibbert will still be young enough. Even if the idea behind the trade is tanking, it's possible to do it without trading Hibbert. Hibbert can't stop a tank by himself. Anyway, no point to talk about a tank IMO. The Pacers are too poor and the owner is too old and too proud.

If Hibbert gets traded for youngsters, it has to be someone like the next Jermaine O'Neal, someone that Bird sees as a likely upgrade down the road. No rush to trade Hibbert otherwise. Jones is ok but I don't see him as a likely all star, the mid-late round pick is most likely a role player, Capela and Shroder are nobodies at this point. If the Pacers were in a rush to move Hibbert and take the best available offer, then sure, ok, maybe this is the best available offer. But I don't see the rush.

1 person likes this.
  19. try

try Member

No. Your own free agents have a cap hold that counts against the cap until either someone signs them or you renounce their rights. In order to create cap space, we would have to renounce the Bird rights to these players and thus wouldn't be able to resign them to any contracts above the minimum (without using the MLE or the BAE). So your idea doesn't work.

20. BigMaloe

What if the pacers were able to acquire the NOP1st in the trade?

Re-route antic/Atlanta 1st to Houston and Canaan to Atlanta. Swap the Atlanta pick for the pels pick for indy.