1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

His contract is for 2 more years, it's 7 mill a year. If we're offering Llull a 3 to 4 year full MLE it wouldn't make much difference to our cap space to have Calderon instead for 7 mill for 2 years. When the new cap comes in, 7 mill won't be that much, and after next season he will be expiring.

So his contract isn't too big of a deal IMO. Yes, he is old, and sucks on defense, but he's still a great shooter, play maker and ball handler and we need that at the point right now. We have Beverley to play on defense. I'm saying, as a last option, he wouldn't be bad. We'd be a lot better off then just having Prigioni and Johnson as backups.

2. micah1j

micah1j Member

ok, assuming we sign Sergio Llull to the MLE, resign Beverley, resign Band of Brothers Smith, Terry & Brewer, keep #18 etc. We have too many contracts.

Lets clear out the dead wood plus 1 asset

Joey Dorsey
    Terrence Jones
    Pablo Prigioni
    Kostas Papanikolaou

for

Channing Frye.

Another backup C for when Dwight rest and is a dead eye 3. Long contract but reasonable in new cap financials.

3. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Rockets get: 3rd overall pick (D'Angelo Russell)

76ers get: 18th pick, 32nd pick, DMo, KPap, 2016 1st Round Pick

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Anyone worth trading up for? :

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS">@KBergCBS</a>: The Heat are open to trading the 10th pick if it means unloading salary. (Josh McRoberts, for example, is owed $17 million).</p>&mdash; Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) <a href="https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/613820518454722561">June 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

I like McRoberts, but that contract looks terrible right now. I could see the 76ers doing it, but not a competing team like the Rockets.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Jeremy lamb just got traded

7. do work son

do work son Member

LMA is leaving portland anyways. he can walk to SA straight up. if he likes houston, we can offer them this in a sign and trade. it's the best trade package from teams looking to sign him outside of cleveland.

[​IMG]

8. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oyjjaba

Kings:
    In: Papa (SF), T-Jones (PF), Nick Johnson (SG), Joey Dorsey (C/PF) and 2 future 2nd round draft picks.
    Out: Collison (PG), Reggie Evans (PF/C), Ryan Hollins (C) and a future protected 1st round draft pick.

Why? They want Lawson and can trade Collison for more depth. T-Jones, Papa and Johnson are still young prospects and could develop nice in Sacramento.

Rockets:
    Out: Papa (SF), T-Jones (PF), Nick Johnson (SG), Joey Dorsey (C/PF) and 2 future 2nd round draft picks.
    In: Collison (PG), Reggie Evans (PF/C), Ryan Hollins (C) and a future protected 1st round draft pick.

Why? So, we didn't draft a PG. DM is going to trade for an under the radar PG with scoring and playmaking ability. That's why Collison is a good fit. The Kings are pushing for a trade to bring in Ty Lawson anyway. Karl wants to create the Sacramento Nuggets ... :rolleyes: Evans and Hollins are expiring contracts and bring more experience/rebounding/seize, comparing to Dorsey/T-Jones.

Line-up:
    PG: Collison/Bev/Prigioni
    SG: Harden/McDaniels/Terry(vet min?)
    SF: Ariza/Dekker
    PF: D-Mo/Harrell/Evans
    C: D12/Capela/Hollins

I don't think we can keep Brew and Smith, if we re-sign Bev and McDaniels. I assume they want 'more money' than we can afford anyway, so I left them out of the line-up.

9. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

[​IMG]

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ogxeouz

76ers:
    Out: Embiid(C)
    In: Brewer (SG), DMO (PF), Bev(PG), and 2 future 1st round draft picks.

Why? The 76ers plan to keep Okafor , so they have two starting centers,they need to trade one of them.

Rockets:
    Out: Papa (SF), T-Jones (PF), DMO(PF),Brewer(SG),Bev(PG) and 2 future 1st round draft picks.
    In: LMA(PF)

Blazers:
    Out: LMA(PF)
    In: Embiid(C),Papa(SF),T-Jones(PF)

Line-up:
    PG: Lull/Prigioni
    SG: Harden/McDaniels/Terry
    SF: Ariza/Dekker
    PF: LMA/Smith
    C: Howard/Capela

10. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

You think, Portland trades for an injury-prone center after Greg Oden? :rolleyes:

Nice proposal, but a long shot ...

11. fv court

fv court Member

He wouldn't be my first choice at PG, but George Hill has got to be available. Pacers are in rebuild, and need a PF with West opting out. If the LMA and Love pipedreams don't pan out, how about a trade centered around T Jones for Hill?

Terrence Jones
    Pablo Prigioni
    Kostas Papanikolaou

for

George Hilll

12. malakas

malakas Member

George Hill isnt available at all. If they had gotten Payne there would be an outside chance not now.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Trade with Celtics, they have too many guards. Great value as mostly young blue chippers.

14. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I'd really like to get IT from the Celtics, I think he'd be the perfect 6th man and his contract is a very good value IMO.

15. F3arTh3B3ard

F3arTh3B3ard Member

My ideal offseason:
    Trade T Jones, Papa, and Prigs for a PG, I'm thinking Collison since Lawson's probably going to Sac. Sign Llull to MLE, resign Smith, Bev, Terry, and Brewer.

Lineup is:
    PG-Collison,Bev,Johnson
    SG-Harden,Llull,Terry
    SF-Ariza,Brewer,Dekker
    PF-D-Mo,Smith,Wood (Or sign Scola if Wood isn't cutting it)
    C-Dwight,Capela,Harrell

That's a balanced lineup thats two deep at every position. Hell, the third team could probably compete in the East.

16. F3arTh3B3ard

F3arTh3B3ard Member

My ideal offseason:

Trade T Jones, Papa, Prigs, and Dorsey for a PG, I'm thinking Collison since Lawson's probably going to Sac. Sign Llull to MLE and resign Bev, Brewer, Smith, and Terry.

Lineup looks like:
    PG- Collison, Bev, Johnson
    SG- Harden, Llull, Terry
    SF- Ariza, Brewer, Dekker
    PF- D-Mo, Smith, Wood (Or sign Scola if Wood doesn't work out)
    C- Dwight, Capela, Harrell

Team is balanced and deep at every position. Looks like a championship caliber team and really isn't too hard to achieve this offseason.

17. fattz

fattz Member

K Pap, Dorsey, and Harrell

For

J Bayless, Taylor Innis, and Miles Plumlee

Bucks picked up 2 point guards on draft night... We up grade the back up 5 and get a serviceable Bayless and the promise of Innis BB IQ. For spare parts and a 2nd round pick

18. malakas

malakas Member

Done

Done.

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Just heard Suns are willing to trade Bledsoe if they sign Knight. Wonder what it would take to scoop him up.

20. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

If we are unable to get any marquee signings and resign everyone, I would like to see Morey pull of a small minor move that can be good for now and later.

Houston sends: Kostas Papaniklou,Joey Dorsey, and a 2016 2nd-Round Pick.
    Boston sends: Isaiah Thomas.

I would be extremely confident with this team next season.

Then at trade deadline we can find more ways to improve. Getting a PG for the start of the next season would be crucial for the success of the team IMO, at least Thomas could be a great sixth man for us if he doesn't beat out Bev for the starting position. A true Sixth Man was what we were lacking in the playoffs.