1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I think the Knicks would give us Shumpert for less if we took on Amares contract which expires this year or Bargnanis contract which also expires this year. Idk if amare could work but I know Bargnani could. Trade TJones and NO Pick and fillers (Covington, Canaan, other prospects) for Shumpert and Bargnani or Stoudemire

Sign Marion and Filler free agents

Starting line up of
    Beverly,Harden,Ariza,Bargnani/Stoudemire, Howard
    Rotational Players:
    Johnson, Dorsey, Shumpert, DMo

2. joesr

joesr Member

You cant......

I will give you a hint, read the CBA rules regarding 1st round picks.

I will give you another hint, it involves LA having one of ours.

I will give you another hint, I dont know why, it involves 2 years straight with out a 1st rounder.

3. joesr

joesr Member

Do you add?!?!?!

4. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I like this idea but I also wouldn't mind signing a vet this year and using the lottery pick next year on top of a big free agent. We might be able to get one of the twelve studs from Kentucky with that pick.

5. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Bench, cap room for year after

6. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

the more and more I think about it, I think phoenix keeps all 3 PGs and Green and just makes bledsoe a SG and moves green to Small forward in small lineups.

7. Hourockets22

Hourockets22 Member

Morey NEEDS to find a way to trade for Ilyasova. His contract runs a bit long, but he is a perfect buy low candidate after his injury riddled season. He is the perfect stretch 4 for the price - he can shoot and is an elite rebounder per 36 minutes.

Bev/Canaan
    Harden/Daniels
    Ariza
    Ilyasova/Motiejunas
    Howard/Dorsey/Capela

I think he compliments Harden and Howard perfectly tbh. :cool:

8. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

If PHX doesn't want to pay Bledsoe, but wants to keep the 4-PG rotation, a deal of Bledsoe for Beverly or Johnson/TJ or DMo/Pick/Contract Filler would make sense, no? Bev is nowhere near the player Bledsoe is, but he comes at a fraction of the price and his strengths outside of penetrating are on the same level as Bledsoe (3 & D). A guard rotation of:

Beverly/Dragic/Ennis
    Dragic/Thomas/Green

Has really nice balance. Speed, shooting, driving, defense. And at closer to $30 MM (after next year) than the $40 MM it would be with Bledsoe.

Clearly the proposed deal can be trumped, but just a thought if PHX really doesn't want to pay Bledsoe. For Houston it's a tough call as well - upgrade to 1 of our weaker positions, but an even further downgrade to our weakest position.

9. wadero

wadero Member

How is Bledsoe better the Beverly? Come on lets make a deal to just make a deal.SMDH

10. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

How about this trade

Rockets In: Dunleavy & Mirotic
    Rockets out: Gee, Hopson, Bev, Jones, Powell, Covington, 8M TPE (LIN), maybe Nola 1st rounder

Bulls In: Love, Martin & TPE
    Bulls out: Gibson, Butler, Dunleavy, Mirotic, 2nd rounder

Min In: Gibson, Gee, Butler, Hopson, Powell, Beverley, Covington, 1st rounder (NO-Hou), 2nd rounder (Chi)
    Min Out: Love, Martin

If needed we can send Gibson in this trade also.

Cannan / Smith
    Harden / Gibson / Johnson
    Ariza / Dunleavy
    Dmo or Mirotic / Mirotic or Dmo
    Howard / Dmo / Dorsey

What do u guys think?

11. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

Forgot to Add McDermott to Min.

12. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I agree it's not as clear as Howard v Asik or Harden v Martin, but Bledsoe, as a creator and an above average penetrator, IS better than Beverly. How much so is the question, which is why I posed the theoretical trade.

13. Swedish_Rocket

What about a simple trade for Danillo Gallinari?

a simple and less expensive replacement for Parsons that could play the 4

However he is a little injury prone and would be difficult to deal for, excluding
    the NOP pick

14. spankz141

spankz141 Member

I wouldn't mind making a small trade for Alexey Shved and JJ Barea...they would be very valuable.

15. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I would love that. He'd be a nice stretch 4. Just needs a bit more defense.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This may sound silly. . . but . .. . IF PROVEN A BIT HEALTHY at the deadline
    Would you be interested in Taking NASH off the Laker's hand for a playoff push

1. He expires at the end of the year
    2. Could be gotten with the Trade Except or User to trade someone flotsam and open up more space next year
    3. He would provide experience and desire for 1 last shot at a championship

Rocket River

17. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Nash is probably my favorite player in NBA history (excluding Rockets) so I'd love that. Honestly, he could take some of the ball-handling burden off of Harden when Harden plays with the second team guards and run a nice P&R. Limited minutes obviously, but if he's healthy, it would be a fun move.

Assuming, of course, that there are no 3rd star type moves in the works at that point.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

His contract is up at the end of next season . . . .
    his salary would simply drop off the books. . . . .am I right on that
    I am not sure

ROcket River

19. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Yeah you're right. $9.7M this year and that's it. I was agreeing. I'm saying that we wouldn't want to trade any assets away to get him if there was a bigger deal in the works, but outside of that, it'd be a nice move!