1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2013-14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 27, 2013.

1. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Hit enter too soon on the last post. So glad there is a new thread for trades, hopefully this one won't be hijacked by fickle Rockets fans.

2. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

George Hill for Jeremy Lin. Win win for both! :)

3. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

nice trades but not sure if Rockets would give up Lin, Asik and Dmo basically for Jeff Green only.

good for Pistons, I would say.

4. Zalgiris

Zalgiris Member

Trade asik and fillers (DMO maybe) for chris bosh. Miami is doomed in the east vs Nets and Pacers if they don't find a top quality center and Houston needs a PF. Bosh can shoot from mid range so he'd fit next to dwight perfectly!

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=meo6ra9

Warriors acquire: Omer Asik

Rockets receive:: Harrison Barnes

As good as the Warriors were during the playoffs, one thing that the team needs is a legit starting center who can stay on the court. Let's face it, Bogut is just too injury prone. Asik will provide Golden State a rebounding stud and a rim protector they sorely need. And with the recent acquisition of Andre Igoudala, this move makes much more sense. Asik and Iggy on defense. Curry, Thompson, and Lee spearheading offense.

Why would the Rockets do it? Why not, Harrison Barnes is a stud and will be a future All-Star in this league. I actually think the Warriors would be the one to say no since they are that high on his potential. Understandably so. Yes, it's great to have 48 minutes of top tier defense but with Dwight Howard now starting at center, Asik's minutes will take a significant hit. Barnes will provide this team a huge amount of versatility. You can switch him and Chandler at the 3 and (stretch) 4 spots and you will create a ton of mismatches on offense. Barnes can defend as well and will only get better as his game matures.

PG Lin
    SG Harden
    SF Parsons/Barnes
    PF Barnes/Parsons
    C Howard

6. Ultimate6thMan

They might consider Asik and TJones or DMo for Bosh. That could help both teams.

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

3 straight finals and back to back championships. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Imagine if they break up the big three only to fail. It could haunt Pat Riley and the franchise for years.

8. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I hear ya. I think the main point of this for the Rockets is that, they get a stretch 4 and 2 expiring contracts. This will give them more money next season to sign Parsons to an extension. Green takes the place of Asiks contract and Lin's contract is off the books next season.

9. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Maybe the Rockets get Anderson and the Pistons get Green? Anderson is a great shooter but Green gives you more on both sides of the ball.

10. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Highly doubt this ever happens

11. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Im not really sure if a trade should be discussed right now. I want to see how the current teams fits together and if they fit really well, then we don't need to upgrade at anything. Chemistry is the most underrated and the most important attribute to a team.

12. Gri

Gri Member

As so many other stuff, TradeMachine of ESPN's is broken. You can't send 8.3million$ and receive only 2.9million$. GSW doesn't have any cap room.

13. Ultimate6thMan

I agree totally actually. I don't think Miami is ready or willing to break up the big three. That's why I said they MIGHT CONSIDER, in that trade scenario. Only because the other contenders in the east got better (Nets, Pacers, Bulls).

14. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

pretty good idea ... works in theory but getting detroit to part with Monroe is the hardest part of that deal and im sure the C's are in no hurry to rid themselves of green. but over all good proposal

15. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

Bucks are the ideal trade partner. Illyasova, Henson, Sanders ... along with 5 more BIGS on their roster at the moment. None of them are better than Asik at center. Ill take Illyasova or Sanders for Asik ... i doubt the first rounder is required but your right you give up the first rounder if need be to get an ideal starting 4.

Another option is to give up Lin and Asik and a first rounder and fillers and get jennings and (illyasova or sanders) in return.

Jennings is better than Lin and he has shown that if enough talent is around him ... he can put up 10 assists a game when he wants ... great handles, good shooting touch around the rim and an attitude to where he wont be intimidated by anyone. I like the kid

16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

99.99% of the trades we post here never happens, we are all aware of that. Now what do you really think about the swap? Does it make sense for both teams or not?

17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

How is Larry Sanders not anywhere near Asik? Omer has the slight edge now but Sanders has loads of potential.

18. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Not sure if serious.... He still yet to learn how to finished with his left. Check out his stats around the rim....

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

If you think Monta Ellis is a blackhole, wait till Jennings plays on your team. I prefer to Lin. Wonder why Jennings is still a free agent?

Here's a breakdown video on Jennings..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KnHndbNPYi0

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Brandon Jennings is a clear example of a non-Moneyball Morey type of player. One of the most inefficient guards in the league. His game screams street ball. Not saying he won't improve or mature but he's just not a player we should pursue of even think about starting on our team.