1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Seeing as there are no more stars to chase, i would say Parsons, Jones, DMo, Lamb and White. I doubt Morey would trade any of them for a second tier player.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

If we are looking to rebuild, maybe we could try something along the lines of....

Detroit gets:
    K Mart
    G Smith
    D Simpson

Houston gets:
    A Drummond
    C Villanueva
    A Daye

Detroit gets a legitimate scoring 2 guard since they let Hamilton go. the rest of the guys are just fillers. Also they get rid of Charlie V who has struggled (I may be wrong since I do not watch Detroit bball) and Daye who hasnt done anything since being so highly compared to Prince. Drummond is promising but still raw.

Houston gets a "Franchise" type center if Drummond pans out well. we take on yet another pf but this time he is 6'11" so maybe we'll cut him for being too tall. We get rid of K Mart who had a terrible season in 2011-12 for a couple of promising players and a less terrible contract in Charlie V.

Let the beheading begin...

3. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Trying my best to refrain but you are insane.

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

well... Stuckey arguably > Kevin Martin, so they don't really need Martin.
    And Drummond is a perfect fit next to Monroe, even if he fulfills 50% of his potential.
    They've been looking for a Drummond type for a while now.
    So they will never do it.

Charlie-V idea is interesting though. I'm sure they'll look to get rid of him, and they may pay something for it, but your price is way too high.

I think they will amnesty him next year, if they can't find a trade.
    2013 summer is a big summer for them.
    They'll have a lot of cap space, especially if they manage to get rid of both Charlie-V and Tayshaun Prince. And if they find a great SF / another big, they could finish building a long term contender.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I figured moving Stuckey back to PG is what they would want, but again I dont watch detroit bball so IDK how they run with him. This trade seemed beneficial to me since NBA Trade Machine added +2 wins to Detroit's record

I tried to make a trade suggestion that didnt include Al Jefferson since everyone has done one already.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

The only way I see them giving up Drummond is if we give them TJones (who would be a very nice compliment to Monroe), Morris, Martin, and filler seconds.

So it'd essentially be a trade like this

Martin, Jones, Morris, Gsmith, rights to Diebler, filler seconds

for

Drummond, Villaneuva, Daye

Lin/Douglass
    Delfino/Lamb
    Parsons/Daye
    Ppat/Dmo/White
    Asik/Drummond/Villaneuva

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i think Stuckey will stay a 2 from now on. Stuckey just looks more solid defensively as a 2, and he wasn't a good 1 offensively anyway.

Also, I think Brandon Knight will be a very very good point guard.
    I don't see any way they bench him. I think there's a much better chance of him becoming an All Star than getting benched. Baring major injuries.

All they really need now is sign or trade for a good young 3, and hope that Drummond develops. Otherwise they are set.

8. Houston288South

I like this trade but there is NO way Detroit does it...

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Can't see why HOUSTON would screw their cap space in the summer in order to take on such a big risk in Drummond.

Villanueva gets paid next season as well ($8.5m), so I'm pretty sure that'd be a no from Houston's point of view.

I'm in the "Drummond = bust" camp, clearly Detroit is in the "Drummond = win" camp, so from their perspective I can't see why on earth they'd even consider this deal. We'd have to be sending them a 'talent' and a pick at this stage.

Perhaps if Drummond busts this season then they'd make the deal, but if he busts already I fail to see the use for us?

10. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

Ten team trade deadline deal.

***It's really long, not ideal, but does help every single team, financially and team play-wise. I did a lot of this on my phone, but all the trades should be good to go after December 15 pending player bird-rights approval. I just showed rotation lineups plus liner notes to make it easier on the eyes.***

Rockets

Starting Lineup

PG: Eric Bledsoe
    SG: Eric Gordon
    SF: Brandon Rush
    PF: Donatas Motiejunas
    C: DeMarcus Cousins

Bench

PG: Aaron Brooks
    SG: Rodigue Beaubois / Dahntay Jones
    SF: Carlos Delfino
    PF: Chuck Hayes
    C: Bismack Biyombo

Notes-Shed the nice guy image with a legit franchise center in Cousins who has All-time potential paired with one of the last remaining true 2-way wing players in Gordon. Hyper-pesky perimeter defense potential in the backcourt with Bledsoe, Gordon, and Rush. Allow Donatas' game to grow alongside Demarcus as they should complement each other immensely. Brooks and Hayes return home. Brooks gets to play to his max potential in a 6th man role ala Jason Terry paired with lengthy and similarly speedy and athletic Beaubois. Opponent wings never catch a break against the petal to the metal rotation of Gordon, Bledsoe, Brooks, and Beaubois..."killers b's". Zero drop off from Rush to Delfino, outside shooting and defense. Let Hayes mentor frontcourt partner Biyombo and put his brain in Biyombo's body. Still have 2 first rounders and financial flexibility to potentially sign our own Big Three in Wall, Gordon, and Demarcus.

Clippers

Starters

PG: Chris Paul
    SG: Kevin Martin
    SF: Chandler Parsons
    PF: Blake Griffin
    C: DeAndre Jordan

Bench

PG: Shaun Livingston / Gary Neal
    SG: Jamal Crawford
    SF: Grant Hill
    PF: Carl Landry
    C: Tiago Splitter

Notes- Quality Backup bigs to compete with the Lakers in Splitter & Landry. Replace Caron with Chandler's more favorable contract and fit plus Kevin Martin's expirer to resign Paul and still maintain flexibility while staying competitive.

Spurs

Starters

PG: Tony Parker
    SG: Danny Green
    SF: Kawhi Leonard
    PF: Tim Duncan
    C: Boris Diaw

Bench

PG: Chauncey Billups
    SG: Manu Ginobili
    SF: Lamar Odom / Royce White
    PF: Patrick Patterson / Royce White
    C: Andris Biedrens / Lamar Odom

Notes- Pick up veterans Billups and Biedrens which would benefit in Pop's system. Versatile Lamar Odom replaces Steven Jackson, can play sf/pf/c/point-forward. Pick up prospect bigs in Patterson and Royce who could potentially flourish in Pop's system while losing players that had trouble meshing in. Now has the size to compete with the Lakers and versatility to compete with the Thunder along with a fluid transition into the future.

Kings

Starters

PG: Jeremy Lin
    SG: Jeremy Lamb
    SF: James Johnson
    PF: Thomas Robinson
    C: Omer Asik

Bench

PG: Isaiah Thomas
    SG: John Salmons
    SF: Travis Outlaw
    PF: Jason Thompson
    C: Robin Lopez

Picks-
    Houston 1st (TOR), Charlotte 1st (protections), Spurs 1st, Clippers 1st

Notes- 4 first rounders, Arena and city saving Jeremy Lin, quality wing in Lamb, great rotation of young bigs in Robinson, Thompson, Asik, Lopez. Allows Isaiah Thomas to flourish in scoring 6th man role. Team character makeover.

Hornets

Starters

PG: Kendall Marshall
    SG: Austin Rivers
    SF: Marcus Morris
    PF: Markieff Morris
    C: Anthony Davis

Bench

PG: Greivis Vasquez
    SG: Jimmer Fredette
    SF: Omri Casspi
    PF: Ryan Anderson
    C: Brendan Haywood

Notes-Replace discontented Gordon's max contract with the Morris twins and Kendall Marshall. Veteran leadership and size in Haywood and outside shooters in Jimmer and Omri. Pure College ball in a Bourbon St. Atmosphere.

Suns

Starters

PG: Goran Dragic
    SG: Marcus Thornton
    SF: Michael Beasley
    PF: Luis Scola
    C: Marcin Gortat

Bench

PG: Jarrett Jack
    SG: Shannon Brown
    SF: Wesley Johnson
    PF: Channing Frye / JaJuan Johnson
    C: Jermaine O'Neal

Notes- Finally acquire an outside shooter and scorer on the wing in Thornton and a quality veteran pg in Jack to lead a solid and athletic bench which phx has been known for with the goal of making the playoffs this season.

Warriors

Starters

PG: Stephen Curry
    SG: Klay Thompson
    SF: Harrison Barnes
    PF: David Lee
    C: Andrew Bogut

Bench

PG: Kemba Walker
    SG: Vince Carter
    SF: Steven Jackson
    PF: Dejuan Blair
    C: Jeremy Tyler

Notes-Bring back bay area hero SJax paired with veteran VC to help fortify a young wing lineup. Bring in Kemba as Curry insurance and Blair to complete the bench. Blair would be best suited molding his game after Lee. Will compete to squeeze phx and the like out of the 8th seed.

Mavs

Starters

PG: Darren Collison
    SG: OJ Mayo
    SF: Shawn Marion
    PF: Dirk Nowitzki
    C: Chris Kaman

Bench

PG: Sebastian Telfair
    SG: Delonte West
    SF: Caron Butler
    PF: Elton Brand
    C: BJ Mullens

Notes-Mavs replace ill-fitting Vince Carter with better fitting SF Butler along with big prospect BJ Mullens to replace Mahimi. Can compete with this lineup and be financially free as Dirk, Marion, and Butler all expire at the same time.

Bobcats

Starter

PG: Tyreke Evans
    SG: Ben Gordon
    SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    PF: Terrence Jones
    C: Andersen Varajeo

Bench

PG: Ramon Sessions
    SG: Daniel Gibson
    SF: Reggie Williams
    PF: Jon Leuer
    C: Brandan Wright

Notes-Small-market Charlotte gets its core. The two Kentucky Wildcat teammates in TJones and Kidd-Gilchrist along with Varajeo provide pure energy and length in the frontcourt. Potential go-to-scorer in Tyreke in his more comfortable ball-handling position and Ben Gordon gets his chance to prove his starting ability to round out the backcourt. Tyreke can switch with BG to the more physically imposing wing opponent. Sessions and Boobie already have chemistry and played well off the bench during the Cavalier days. They pick up young athletic big Brandan Wright who made great strides last season with the Mavs.

Cavs

Starters

PG: Kyrie Irving
    SG: Gerald Henderson
    SF: Al-Farouq Aminu
    PF: Tyrus Thomas
    C: Tyler Zeller

Bench

PG: Dion Waiters
    SG: Alonzo Gee
    SF: CJ Miles
    PF: Tristan Thompson
    C: Samardo Samuel

Notes- Cavs switch out Varajeo and throw zeller in the fire. The additions of Henderson, Aminu, and Tyrus round out a now elite-level athletic starting lineup which Byron Scott and Kyrie will have lots of fun with. Dion Waiter can hone his game and get some NBA seasoning as the sixth man ala Harden (not similar game-wise but potentially impact-wise in the future. Tristan, CJ, and an improving Gee rounds out the bench.

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

[​IMG]

12. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

that's a horrible trade i'm glad your not the rocket's gm..

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It's sarcasm, regarding what Orlando settled for in the DH trade.

I hope.

14. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

Sorry, but it's fun. I just wanted to see what was possible and it turned into a ten team trade.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

very hard to understand what happened though... :grin:
    i just know you had to rob some teams, because that roster is pure win in terms of talent.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Looks like it's time to trade Chandler:

[​IMG]

17. wadero

wadero Member

Joe Dumars is looking for veteran 2 guard and he is dangling Austin Daye lets send Martin for Daye. Maybe he turns into Tayshaun Prince!!!!

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Daye sucks. But salaries wouldn't work anyhow.
    Interested in the original T-Prince maybe, for some veteran leadership? There's a good chance they'd give him up. They are clearly targeting next summer's free agent class and might want to lose a contract.

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I've given up on trying to come up with trade scenarios for our team since we've basically struck out on every superstar we were after. No point in trading for 2nd tier players as it would only bring us back to basketball mediocrity/purgatory and we would never get the chance to possibly get high draft picks.

Roll with what we have right now and i'd probably do some minor deals just to even up the roster (too many PFs) or at least try to get more future draft picks and/or young prospects. Also use Kevin Martin as trade bait to stack up on nore of those picks/young prospects to position ourselves long term and set us up for a total rebuild.

Besides, no one would be able to beat Miami or the LA Lakers with their super teams anyway.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Would entertain that trade if a nice draft pick was coming with Prince, but the problem is they owe their 2013 1st rounder to Charlotte so there might be some difficultly geting picks from them.

Martin for Prince really doesn't make much sense at this point either on the court or off the court IMO.