1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

A lot of these trades involve K Mart for Al Jefferson. Has there been rumors of this? I don't see why they would trade Al. Did I miss something?

2. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

HOU

Get...Tyreke Evans (5.3 m 1 y), Desagna Diop (7.4 m 1 y), DAL pick (top 20 protected until 2017)
    Give...Kevin Martin (12.4 m 1 y)

SAC

Get...Tyrus Thomas (8 m 3 y), Gerald Henderson (3.1 m 3 y)
    Give...Chuck Hayes (5.5 m 3 y), Tyreke Evans (5.3 m 1 yr)

CHA

Get...Kevin Martin (12.4 m 1 y), Chuck Hayes (5.5 m 3 y), DAL pick (top 20 protected until 2017)
    Give...Desagna Diop (7.4 m 1 y) Gerald Henderson (3.1 m 3 y)

Houston gets a backup Center worth 7 mil and is expiring, plus get Tyreke Evans that can start at 2 or 3 and has superstar potential and will play good in his contract year. Sacramento upgrades Chuck Hayes for Tyrus Thomas and get a fresh start with Gerald Henderson. Charlotte mostly does it for the pick that they won't likely get until 2017, but will be unprotected. They also get some scoring in Martin who is expiring and upgrade Diop into Hayes, freeing up time for Biyombo and also gives their young players leadership.

3. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

FIXED

4. oddjob142

oddjob142 Member

Why don't we try and get Josh Smith and Al Jefferson? I think our team would be pretty damn good with that lineup

Pg- Lin, Douglas, Livingston, Machado
    SG- Lamb, Delfino
    SF- Parsons, Morris, Forbes, royce
    PF- Smith, Montie, the other million PF's we have
    C - Jefferson, Asik

I would assume Kevin Martin for Jefferson and alot of the smaller contracts and Jones for Smith and some of our draft picks to get it done. We could probably even end up saving our Tor lotto pick. I'd rather have that lineup and we are deep and can play alot of the more athletic PF's as SF. Is that lineup THAT mediocre? I think we would have a shot if not this year, next year for sure.

5. ooox

ooox Member

Why would Sacramento do this? They just drafted Thomas Robinson. Not to mention they can get a whole lot more for Tyreke Evans.

6. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Al Jefferson is worth a lot more than Kevin Martin.

7. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

we could have sign Jefferson outright next summer, and Jazz has Kanter,Favors, Millisap. i think K-Mart + Dallas' pick + one of our surplus power forwards will do.

8. jch1911

jch1911 Member

+1.

I was even thinking that we could swap for Raja Bell to backup at SG. He apparently doesn't want to re-sign with Jazz and could start or backup Lamb.

A deal of K-Mart + Morris + JJJ + DAL pick for Jefferson + Bell

Lin Livingston Douglas
    Bell Lamb Forbes
    Parsons Delfino Jones
    Jefferson Patterson White
    Asik DMo Fesenko (or Sean Williams)

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i think Lamb would do it.
    don't see why they'd want another project PF. They won't have the minutes to develop him, since Favors/Kanter are priority. And short term, Jefferson is better.

10. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Exactly why Milwaukee want give him up. They're gonna keep the good ones.

11. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Thats my thought...
    Kmart/Royce or Jones/Dallas future 1st/Charlotte 2nd - for AL...decent return for a guy the Jazz are gonna let go anyway...
    PPat/Royce or Jones/MMo or Forbes/Livingston expiring/Tor pick/cash for JSmith...

Lin/Douglas/Machado
    Delfino/Lamb
    Parsons/Forbes or MMo
    JSmith/DMo/Forbes or misc...
    Al/Asik/GSmith
    ....thatd be nice...

13. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

why you guys are so excited about tyreke evans? Don't see anything special in him and I see him as a team chemistry killer.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Fix the trade so we get Biyombo instead.

15. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

K-Mart's contract is a must for salary matching. another big body is just for back-up minutes behind Favors/Kanter/Millsap, kinda of insurance after you traded a heavy minute big (Jefferson) just like we need a Delfino while developing Lamb/Parsons/Jones/Morris

K-Mart + PP/JJ + Dallas' 1st rd. pick for Jefferson is perfect for both teams

Bell could be throw-in to be our insurance at 2-guard and Jazz saves more $$

i'd even do a K-Mart+Motie for Jefferson. i think Big Al would be back to his all-star form under a coach familar with his game.

Tyreke has alot of potential in him and still under his rookie contract, i'm just not so sure if he'd get along with Lin in the back-court.

Josh Smith could fit in any team any style. i'd love to have him on the Rockets. problem is we don't have anything the Hawks would want to trade their franchise player. maybe try Asik+PP+Toronto's pick at the trade deadline. Asik could let Hoford play his nature game at 4 and a lottory pick might be what they'll look for trading Smith.

another potential trade target is Blair from the Spurs. rumor is Spurs' shopping Blair. i'd trade one of our PF plus the Charlott's pick for Blair to be our back-up center.

if we're lucky we might done re-building in one season:

Jefferson, Blair, G. Smith
    J. Smith, White, Williams
    Parsons, Jones, Morris
    Delfino, Lamb, Bell
    Lin, Douglas, Machado

16. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Al Jefferson has to be the most overrated player in the history of Clutchfans.

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

meh, ppl want to get him for Martin + [insert a PF that they don't really want].
    That's not overrating.

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Kanter, Milsap and Favors are all solid players already. It's not a comparable situation. They have no need for Patterson.

Delfino on the other hand is a 2/3. If Martin is traded, he might be the best 2 on the team -- or the 2nd best, if Lamb performs.

If they are going to trade Jefferson, they'll likely target a young point guard or picks (but another young wing would make sense too).

19. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Which makes no sense, because the last thing the Rockets need is another big, nor another "good piece" leading to more mediocrity.

You say people would be willing to trade a PF they don't really want. Well, OK, that might be the case in most instances, but I don't see how we'd be better of with Al Jefferson instead of any of Motiejunas, White or Jones. Again, the last thing we need is another "good" player.
    Of our three PFs only one may pan out, but each one of them is more valuable to us right now than Al Jefferson would be.

And yes, people are overrating the guy. I've seen him get called a top-3 center by a few. Another guy compared him to Rasheed Wallace. There are people that seem to think that Jefferson and another All-Star would turn the Rockets to title contenders. Some people would be willing to part with the Raptors pick, along with other assets to get Jefferson, etc...

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

it doesn't make sense for a team like the Rockets, but not because he's overrated here.