1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 10, 2012.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Does Adelman hate Williams? Williams is good.
    He's just not very necessary since they have another decent PF.
    If you remember the rumored Williams offers from earlier this year, this deal is miles below what they were looking.

2. joesr

joesr Member

lol i love it just as much as Orlando fans

3. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

YES! An all white lineup! Lin, Ridnour, Parsons, Motiejunas, Asik

But seriously, Derrick Williams is a beast but they probably wouldn't accept that trade without some picks unless Adelman goes crazy for Martin (might)

4. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

i've been saying this since last year, trade for Al Jefferson!!

we should have recreate the 04' Pistons instead of the Celtics. Super stars are difficult to get nowadays unless you're in NY or L.A. but we have enough assets to get 2~3 boderline all-stars. we have our Ben Wallace/Prince in Asik/Parsons. K-Mart or Lamb are very comparable to Rip Hamilton. Lin is no Billups yet but very similor numbers before Billups finally developed into his all-star years: 16.9pt., 3.5reb., 5.7ast., 1.1stl., .394%FG., .388%3p. in 2004

we need a Rasheed Wallace! we have alot of power forwards with potential, but at least 3~5 years before any of them become an all-star. i'd trade the Toronto pick or Motiejunas with expirings OR K-Mart + JJJ/PP + Dallas' pick for Al Jefferson. no matter what we traded for Jefferson we'd have enough assets left to work out a S&T for another borderline all-star, i.e. JSmoove/Bynum/Tyreke next summer.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'd rather have Shved over Ridnour. Rockets may have to give up a pick for Williams. Maybe Patterson and/or Johnson as well.

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Repped

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Need to get Derrick Favors...

Patterson+3M+Chandler Parsons+NY 2nd rounders for Favors and Mo Williams.

Asik/Favors
    Motiejunas/White
    Jones/
    Lamb
    Lin/Williams

8. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

When we post trades can we make it a rule on why the other team would do so?

9. hoopstar39

hoopstar39 Member

HOU- Morris for Pittman, pick
    MIA- Anthony, Pittman, pick for Zaza Pechulia
    ATL- Pechulia for Anthony, Morris

HOU- Patterson, pick for MarShon Brooks
    BRK- MarShon Brooks for Patterson, pick

HOU- Martin, picks for Derrick Williams, Malcolm Lee
    MIN- D Williams, Lee, Ridnour for Martin, Nolan Smith, picks
    POR- Nolan Smith for Ridnour

Lin, Douglas
    Lamb, Brooks, Lee,
    Parsons, Jones, White
    Williams, Motiejunas
    Asik, Pittman

We can go into full rebuilding mode...

All three probably couldn't go down but any one of these would help us get younger and balance out the roster.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Who goes into full rebuild mode by giving up Two draft picks, last years lotto pick, and a quality 3rd year player for a comparable 3/4 player to Morris in Williams, and a worthless out of shape scrub Center? I think Morey would take a flyer on Williams, but not at the expense of Martin, Morris, Patterson, and two draft picks. You are better off not doing a deal at all and just buying out Martin to save draft picks.

11. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Patrick Patterson for Spurs 1st, Cory Joseph
    Why? We have four young PF's that deserve PT. One of them will play backup C, but that leaves us hurting the development of the odd man out and torpedoing his trade value. We act preemptively before that happens and get a pick and some PG depth.

Marcus Morris for Jimmer Fredette
    Why? Bust who won't play in a crowded front court rotation for bust who won't play in a crowded back court rotation.

12. dobro1229

Here's a not so simple one for you guys-

Cleveland Trades-

F/C Anderson Varejao
    Clevelands own 1st Round pick(Top 5 protected)

Houston Trades-

SG Kevin Martin
    F:Morris
    PF Patrick Patterson
    C: Greg Smith

Phoenix Trades-

C: Channing Frye
    SF: Wesley Johnson
    Lakers 2015 1st Round pick

Cleveland Recieves:
    C: Frye
    SF: Johnson
    PF: Patterson

Phoenix Recieves:
    SG: Martin
    C: G. Smith
    F: Morris

Houston Recieves:
    F/C: Varejao
    Cavaliers 1st round pick (top 5 protected)
    Lakers 2015 1st Round pick

-Everyone's team seems to benefit from this one

-Cleveland simply takes 3 Mil a year off the salary of their starting Center for the next two seasons, and maybe 3. Also add good youth in Patterson and long shot in Wesley Johnson. Good moves for the future for them. Owed alot of draft picks in the future. To make moves like this they might need to give some picks up to build around Irving sooner rather than later.

-Phoenix is surprisingly in a mode now to try and make a playoff run. Adding Morris gives duplication(literally) in a not-so bad way. The Morris twins played well together at Kansas and might be worth exploring. Adding Martin makes this team a run-&-gun offensive force in the West. Pretty much take the Houston Rockets of last year and throw a borderline all-star center in the mix and see what happens. Could win 48 to 50 games if they play well together and stay healthy.

-Houston gets a solid big man to share minutes with Asik for the next 3 seasons, and gets 2 First round picks. I especially am intrigued with the 2015 Lakers pick. Could be an interesting pick depending on what happens with the Howard situation in the next few years. Kobe, Nash, and Gasol will be afterthoughts, and this pick could hold future value without taking up roster space in the next couple of years. The Cav's 1st rounder would probably be the 2nd best pick on the trade market second only to the Toronto Raptors pick owed to Houston.

PG: Lin, Douglas, Livingston
    SG: Lamb, Forbes
    SF: Parsons, White
    PF: Motiejunas, T. Jones, Johnson, Brockman
    C: Asik, Varejao, Harrellson

2013- 2 First round picks (Houston's own(If no playoffs), Toronto's pick)

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i don't know if Morris would or not, but the Wolves would not. Way too little.
    Unless Morris suddenly becomes something special.
    Williams' talent was clear, when used properly --- which is at PF, next to a good P&R point guard, with just one other big on the floor.

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Cleveland pulls a Hennigan here.

15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Milwaukee have Gooden, Dalembert, just signed Ilyasova to a huge deal, drafted Henson, traded for Udoh. Surely Sanders could be had. We can play hm behind Asik.

Morris for Sanders.

16. dobro1229

Why not go after Udoh... He's basically a better version of the two who at least plays very good defense, and rebounds very well. He would be a much better fit as a backup 5.

Morris for Udoh sounds like a fair trade. They could use him at the 3 spot, and would probably be a good fit.

17. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

I like this trade, i would not mind doing this one, but i think there will be 2 separate trades where we send out Martin, Harrellson, Brockman, Morris & 2Pat and Forbes. and maybe we will get players as assets for next year FA sign n trade.

18. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

HOU trades Shaun Livingston for DAL Dahntay Jones
    -Mavs gets a backup PG; Rox get perimeter defense depth

HOU trades Gary Forbes & a 2nd Rd for DAL Roddy Beaubois in a separate deal

HOU trades JuJuan Johnson for POR Elliot Williams

HOU trades Kevin Martin, Marcus Morris, Royce White for ATL Josh Smith

HOU signs James Anderson

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

from what i understand (and it was just rumors), the Pacers supposedly tried to get rid of him so hard because he was hanging out with team youngsters and not influencing them well.
    Again, just a rumor. He always seemed a great person to me.
    But why did the Pacers want him out so badly that they gave up Darren Collison just to get rid of Dahntay? :confused:

but if it's not true, I like it. always liked Dahntay.

i doubt Dallas would want that.
    seems possible. if Atlanta feels that Smith may leave / or they want to rebuild around Horford ---> makes sense to do a Smith for prospects deal.
    that said, Marcus Morris and Royce White haven't been impressive so far.
    Does Atlanta even see Morris as a prospect, or useless salary weight?

20. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

That's weird. He always seemed like veteran locker room presence kinda guy to me.