1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

In exchange for....?

And please don't say Pau Gasol. I'd take the dude on the team, but leaving us with only Goran and Flynn....

2. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

:eek::rolleyes: This isn't NBA 2k and you can't override a decline

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

With the recent reports about the Hornets openly looking to move Kaman's expiring contract, I think it would be a great opportunity to move some of the 09'ers to open some roster spots. As well as getting a legit back up C and young promising SG.

Houston / New Orleans Trade -

Rockets receive: Chris Kaman, Xavier Henry

- Why rockets do it: They get a real back up center for Samuel Dalembert with Kaman, and we also get a promising young SG in Xavier Henry.

Hornets receive: Luis Scola, Goran Dragic, Hasheem Thabeet and Terrence Williams

- Why the Hornets do it: Hornets get the players they coveted this past off season in Scola and Dragic. As well as taking some flyers with Williams and Thabeet. While also getting rid of Chris Kaman, who've (like posted above) are looking to move.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]The Hornets have decided to shelve Kaman until they can find a trade home for him after making the decision to give his minutes to young players.

"It's just something (where) we want to play our young guys, Hornets coach Monty Williams told local reporters before Friday night's game against the Magic.[/rQUOTEr]

5. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Jordan Hill + Hasheem Thabeet

for

Chris Kaman + 2nd Rounder

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Why would they do that?

7. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Save $$$. We'd also have to send Adrien to make the salaries work I think.

8. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Send them the 09 bust since they want youngens

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Kaman already is an expiring contract for the team. That combo isn't what they would want.

10. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Save money THIS year. 14 mil vs 8-9 mil = 5 mil savings and free tryout for hill and thabeet

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

you can't do that since nola is over the salary cap.

12. cod

cod Member

Rockets are under the cap. They can take on more salary.

Kaman for Thabeet, Flynn, and T-Will would work.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

type the trade in trade machine. you will see it will fail because the salaries don't match up.

14. cod

cod Member

I did, the salaries work in the trade machine.

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

That will, but what the guy said was that minus t-will.

16. Spooner

Spooner Member

Kevin Martin, Hasheem Thabeet, Johnny Flynn, Jordan Hill, Chase Budinger

for

Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, Marco Belinelli

The Hornets get a replacement for Gordon in Kevin Martin, who has been playing very well of late, on a nice contract. They might as well get what they can for Gordon before he leaves. Flynn, Hill and Thabeet will mach Kaman's expiring deal. The Hornets could probably resign them all to cheap contracts and could use them all immediately especially Flynn and Hill. We also take Marco Belinelli for Budinger providing them with a young upgrade at the backup 2 spot for a much cheaper cost. Also allows for Twill or Morris to step in when needed at the backup 3.

A package like this plus, I would hate to do it but possibly a draft pick from us, or maybe even adding Goran over Chase could make this happen. IMO We get to pair Lowry and Gordon together. I could easily see Gordon staying in Houston. Kaman is a big upgrade and expiring deal.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't see the point in giving up Kevin Martin for youngsters if you're looking to rent Kaman in order to improve this year.

The realistic package I see is something like

Hill, Budinger, T-Will, Thabeet, and a second round pick

for

Chris Kaman + a low-salary benchwarmer of their choice to save NO money/roster spots

This does three things for us:

a) Gives us a legit backup center for Dalembert who can play 25 minutes per game
    b) Consolidates assets so we don't have a ton of guys sitting the bench losing value
    c) Opens up room on the roster and potentially a spot in the rotation for Marcus Morris

18. Spooner

Spooner Member

No. My trade wasn't centered around Kaman. I believe we have a chance at landing Eric Gordon. He wants out of NO as it is. Kevin Martin is a very good replacement who Demps wanted anyway. It gives them a good shooting guard for the next few years.

Don't really know how to respond to this. Eric Gordon would be an immediate upgrade over Martin anyway, so I don't see what you are talking about. Gordon is better now, and has potential to be much better in the future.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Gordon is a chucker.

20. Spooner

Spooner Member

Well that isn't true at all.... He is actually one of the most efficient guards in the league. He went 450% from the field last year. Kevin Martin was at 436%. Despite that difference, Gordon averages more points per game. I don't see how your statement is valid. He is also a good defensive player with athleticism. He is clearly an upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.