1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanity2disChaos

The best thing for us to do is trade Dragic/Scola to the lakers for Pau G....throw in a pick form the Lakers and you have a very strong frontcourt...

K.Low
    K.Mart
    ChaPs
    Pau G
    Dalem"beer"

Inside and outside scoring with a defensive anchor in the middle....makes sense and takes care of our need for a big and there need for a PG and a starter to fill in for Pau G....

"IT IS WRITTEN"

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Id love to get Bogut... Thabust/JHill/PPat for Bogut and a couple scrubs....

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Excellent job young fella.

4. fattz

fattz Member

2012 - 2013 ~ "A NEW START"

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

If we are giving up that, might as well trade for Ray Allen. Let's trade Martin, Scola, Hill, Thabeet, Bud, T-will, Flynn and Ny pick for Garnett, Allen and 2nd rd pick.

Bring up Morris and Sign Greg Smith

Lowry/ Dragic
    Lee/ Allen
    Parsons/ Morris
    Garnett/ Patterson
    Dalembert/ Smith

We would get some national publicity with that lineup which could hopefully land us some big FAs with all of the money off the books next year.

Celtics still can contend and get like 16mil off the books with the 09 bust quartet. They can use that money and try to get good young big and start re-tooling for the future. Bud's cheap contract is great for a team that wants cheap talent.

6. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Nice trade proposal, dude ... I would pull the trigger, DM!

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  8. Pete the Cheat

9. joesr

joesr Member

I wouldnt give a 1st rounder though

10. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I had a crazy idea. Keep in mind I've been one of Lowry's biggest supporters on this board. But I'd like you guys to give this one some serious thought:

Rockets trade: Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola, Hasheem Thabeet
    Rockets receive: Pau Gasol, Steve Blake, 2012 1st Round Pick

Lakers trade: Pau Gasol, Steve Blake, 2012 1st Round Pick
    Lakers Receive: Kyle Lowry, Luis Scola, Hasheem Thabeet

I realize it looks bad from the Rockets perspective, but consider this:

Dragic, is much, much better as a starter. For his career, when he gets the starting nod, he's averaged 12.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg , 7.4 apg, 2.1 tov, .462 FG% .359 3P%

Though we lose Lowry's playmaking ability, we can run more of Adelman's Princeton sets with Pau initiating the offense from the high post.

A lineup of:

Dragic / Blake
    Martin / Lee
    Parsons
    Gasol / Patterson
    Dalembert

Would easily make us a better team THIS year, IMO. The Knicks pick and the acquired Lakers pick could be expected to bring in an impact player through the draft. Morris is waiting in the wings.

I think I'd do that.

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

question is, would the Bulls jump on it?

They would welcome both Scola and Lee with open arms..they would also get rid of Boozer without a problem, but its so tough for them to loose Asik..

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Anybody but the Lakers man! I would hate to give up Lowry especially to a team like that.

I look at it this way, Gasol is getting up there in age (late 20s I believe) and Kyle is still a year or 2 away from his prime (26 years of age) why make a trade just to make the playoffs this season and pawn off the future of the franchise to a preimer Western Conference contender.

I would not do it only because their is no upside in this besides making us slightly better odds to make the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed.

I vote no.

14. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

This would be the trade involving Lakers.

15. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I wouldn't involve Lowry in any deal to LA, unless it means we're getting Bynum back. I don't want Gasol, and he doesn't want to be here.

16. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Let's assume the Knicks want to break up 'the experiment' (http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/shaun_powell/01/27/knicks/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1) ... I guess not, but let's 'assume' :grin:

Rockets trade: Martin, T-Will, Thabeet, Bud, Hill and both 2012 1st round draft picks.
    Rockets receive: Melo, Brook Lopez

Knicks trade: Melo
    Knicks receive: Martin, T-Will, A. Morrow and both 2012 1st round draft picks of the Rockets

Nets trade: Brook Lopez
    Nets receive: Thabeet, Bud, Hill

The Rockets ... Why? Getting an All-Star SF (Melo) and a future All-Star Center (Lopez) are a no-brainer!

The Knicks ... Why? Check article above and the fact the 'experiment' failed. They receive two 1st round draft picks, an All-Star caliber SG (Martin) and two talented SG/SF players in Morrow & T-Will.

The Nets ... Why? They want to keep D-Will and sign D12 ... Lopez isn't going to be there next season. They receive Thabeet & Hill, both expiring (= cap space for D12) and Bud (SF/SG) to 'replace' Morrow. Maybe the Rockets could throw in a future 2nd round pick if needed.

Rockets line-up:

PG: Lowry/Flynn
    SG: Lee/Dragic
    SF: Melo/Parsons/Morris
    PF: Scola/Patterson
    C: Lopez/Dalembert

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=784u9us

We can still trade Scola/Flynn for a better PF ...

1 person likes this.
  17. joesr

joesr Member

So you think thats the best deal the Nets can get for Lopez? A future allstar as put it?

/sigh

18. King901

King901 Member

Melo and Scola beside each other is almost as worse as Martin and Scola. Just sayin...

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I have this funny feeling we are watching the last days of Scola and .. Lowry in Rox unis.

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.