1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King901

King901 Member

Let me ask you a question. If YOU had McGee, would you trade him for that?

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

If i was washington... and he keeps having controversy and giving us headaches.... why not...

Washington is horrid and absent of all talent...McGee is overrated in his own right(i just like him)...

Get a replacement project in hill, Get an upgrade of talent in t.will, and a super cheap effective(sometimes)wing in bud...plus a 2nd rd pick...

if thats still too low we could send both 2nd rd picks to washington...

they get three talented players back for 1 talented player and 2 late draft picks... helps there rebuilding process that much more...

3. BigMaloe

Would take alot more to land harden...i would love to see it tho so heres what i would propose...

Dragic,Lee,PPat,Hill,Hou-1st for Harden

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I agree, those offers for Mcgee are too low -- the Wizards (who apparently have no desire to win this season anyway) would not go for those deals. Also, before I throw out a hypothetical McGee deal to consider, let me say I would not make this move and would not want McGee on this team. Not only is he a headcase but he is due for a big pay day at the end of this season, so committing to him would blow the entire salary cap situation for the Rockets.

That said, I think Washington would move McGee to Houston if we offered them Patterson and Chase Buddhinger. In this way Washington could avoid giving McGee a large contract (losing/rebuilding teams typically don't like to lockup a lot of their cap space) and they would also avoid losing him for nothing at the end of the season. They would also get two very reasonable contracts for next season, two non-head case roster players, and two players who both have the potential to improve into starters in the NBA.

Again, I wouldn't do this deal because I don't like McGee, but I think it is a fairly realistic random trade proposal.

5. King901

King901 Member

McGee is far from overrated. He got benched because his coach didnt approve of the dunk he did while they were losing. Other than that, what trouble has he been in? If they decided to trade him, they would probably try to get rid of R.Lewis contract which is out of this world. I want McGee on this team. And trade with them would have to send KMart there way which is cool with me.

6. joesr

joesr Member

somebody better get a damn pick for taking Lewis contract

7. King901

King901 Member

They have to. 22mil this season and 23mil next season

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Actually, only 10 million of next season is guaranteed.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Try to get Westbrook by giving up Lowry, Martin (whoever), and a pick. If we can not get him, then try for James Harden. I do not think OKC can keep all of them.

10. HOUROCKETS713

HOUROCKETS713 Member

and then try who? kevin durant ? :p:confused:

11. BigMaloe

no one is taking on r.lewis contract.... and k.mart and mcgee's contracts are far from similiar and would take massive tweakin....not to mention this is complete overpay on our part....he IS overrated and you defending him doesnt sway my confidence considering your signature is a sign of a man-crush for the dude...

and yes washington would trade him and not for all that much... your inflating his price...hamjam raises a good point and a good trade...

12. King901

King901 Member

Ay homeboy, I aint trying to sway your "confidence" or anything else. I dont really care what you think. Man crush? i think not. It's ok to be mad that i disagreed with that crap trade you said with PatPat and CBud for McGee. Washington would probably piss on YOU for even saying that.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Who the hell is Mcgee and why is he worth 11M a year? Didn't we just spank his team last night?

14. King901

King901 Member

deandre jordan is getting 10mil this season. The league doesnt have that many decent centers. McGee puts up better numbers then him.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Just cause somebody is paying Jordan 10M doesn't mean we have to pay 11M for an athletic knucklehead. Dalembert's beasting and he only cost us 7M a year. I don't even know if his contract is guaranteed next season.

16. King901

King901 Member

1.5mil guaranteed but for how long are we going to keep him? Why not get a young Center who isputting up better numbers then the "beasting" Dalembert?

17. jogo

jogo Member

Random trade:

Hou trades Kmart, Hill, Bud
    Mil trades Sjackson, Tobias Harris, Larry Sanders

We free up a starter position for Lee, Sjacks can score off the bench and play D. Hill is gone! Backup SF is manned by Twill/Morris/Harris. I think Harris could be solid and Sanders gives us a look at a possible shotblocker down the road.

18. BigMaloe

talk about getting mad... im not mad at all you disagree with me... you value mcgee alot more then i do... but by your language it is obvious your mad at my arguement...and the whole man-crush... you seemed to get pretty mad that i brought it up which i only did because your signature revoloves around him thus making me feel as if you are over valueing him... i like mcgee... but i wouldnt trade marting for him(and i dont like martin)...all this 'homeboy' talk is unneccasarry...if we trade martin i would rather add a piece and do a swap for granger(a near star) not a headcase in mcgee(who i like)... and im pretty sure washington wouldnt piss on the deal... better to get something than nothing when he walks at the end of the year...

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Sjax is a bit of a locker room cancer. Also that contract is fugly.

20. King901

King901 Member

You're entitled to your opinion. Lets say we do the trade for Patterson, Bud for McGee, what good is having his rights if someone is willing to overpay him? So we should send two young players for someone with a few months left on his contract? Or should we get rid of salary to get some more money for Free Agency?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.