1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AFS

AFS Member

Lol what? DWill has only been a Net since the 2011 All-Star game. The only big-name FA since then has been Dwight Howard, who has openly stated that he is interested in NJ. There is nothing right now to suggest that they are having a hard time attracting FAs to NJ with DWill on their roster.

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i have to admit i really like how bynum has looked this year...although his injurie issues are always a threat... i think it would cost us more to get him then gasol... i also think orlando would really want him....that being said i would definatly go for it...what i propose tho is similiar yet a little different...

i ran this thru realgm(i really miss espn trade machine) and it wont work because we just signed dally but i think it clears...

Houston out: martin,scola,dally,hill,dragic
    Houston in: bynum,duhon,hedo(i think la would make us take on the bad contract for bynum)

Lowry/duhon/Flynn
    Lee/t.will
    Parsons/morris/bud
    Ppat/morris
    Bynum/thabeet/

Lakers Out:pau,Bynum,Caracter
    Lakers In: Dwight,Hill,Dragic

Fisher/Dragic/blake
    Kobe/ebanks
    Artest/barnes
    McRoberts/hill
    Dwight/hill

Orlando Out: Dwight,Hedo,duhon
    Orlando In: Martin,Scola,Dally,Pau,Caracter,

3. BigMaloe

forgot to do the lineup....

Nelson/Redick
    Martin/Richardson
    Ryan Anderson/Richardson
    Scola/Anderson/Caracter
    Dally/BigBaby

4. fattz

fattz Member

Rockets
    In James Harden
    Out Lee, Dargic, rights to Llull, our 1/2 of the 2012 1st round pick if it happens and NYK pick (2012 only)

OKC
    Change in Team Outlook: -1.8 ppg, +0.1 rpg, and +1.0 apg
    +opens up Westbrook to play point one night with Lee and shooting gaurd the next with Dargic- maybe he will be happy and could more than make up the 2pt loss / It is all about keeping your All-Star happy
    +With success of Rubio who knows what Llull will do (should be ready to come over next season)
    +IF we get the picks it may pay off big for them; if not then NYK rolls back to us

Houston
    +Lowry and Harden maybe not All-Stars but who cares (Rocket's best backcourt ever)
    +Martin trade will help with loss of picks

it is good to dream

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I think Lakers would want Hedo to play him at the flex forward spot. He's a floor spreader that can shoot the 3 and make a play. I actually think they would prefer to have him as part of Dwight if they send out both Bynum and Gasol.

6. BigMaloe

i can agree with that from a basketball sense... but from a business sense i dont see it... this harsher luxury tax i keep hearing about seems serious... and if lakers dont wanna get fined so much it seems like they would have to make the smart decision to force us into taking the contract...besides if they want a stretch 3 who can shoot we can add in budinger... at less then 1mill and nearly as effective(sometimes) its a better business decision... and in the end the nba is a business...

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

One trade partner I'd really like to have right now is Portland:

1. Lee+PP+MM+NYC Pick for Batum
    -Batum looks like he's gonna be a star. This is kinda' farfetched but I'm hoping that the NYC pick and the solid young guys package would be enough for them to trade Batum. Portland can make a playoff push but they really need depth, PP, MM and Lee would give them more young guys to build around LMA. On our side, this upgrades the SF spot exponentially, putting Parsons on the bench makes the bench stronger and with D-Mo coming back next season we won't miss PP much.

2. Kmart+C-bud for Gerald Wallace
    -kind of a lateral move for both teams but I think Kmart and Crash would fit Portland and Houston better. Portland really needs another scorer, and moving Crash would free up minutes for Batum. On a low possession team, Kmart would be very valuable since he makes the most out of every possession, whether its a 3, a layup or a flop.

On our team, getting GW would free up space for Lee, as well as move Parsons to the bench. All of our backcourt players would become good defenders with this trade-> Lowry/Dragic/Lee/Parsons/GW/T-will...all those guys are average defenders at worst.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

For that first trade, make sure you supply the Portland GM some Kleenex. He'd splooge himself if we offered that. I'd like Batum, too, but not for all that. "Here, take Courtney Lee and my last two #14 picks and the probable 15-18 pick for next year's draft for a guy we (mistakenly) passed on."

2nd trade? Reasonable.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

10. BigMaloe

i like batum but thats way too much...

this trade i support alot more...but i ran it by realGM and it didnt work... would need to be tweaked...

11. BigMaloe

Also what do you guys think about a trade for Javele McGee

Jordan Hill+Chase Budinger+2nd rd pick for Javelle McGee

i ran it thru realGM and it passed inspection

12. King901

King901 Member

They'd want more than that.

13. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Really? I don't think its that unreasonable. Fact is, we're so stacked with solid players we can afford to do deals like these. Even if we did nothing we'd lose all the players eventually, we can't keep everyone on the squad.

More importantly, Batum is someone whom I believe is another Kyle Lowry, he's just a superior player stuck behind a starter. I can't find any fault with this guy other than his health: he's athletic, smart, crashes the boards, can hit open shots and plays ungodly defense. He's even shown flashes of becoming a really good playmaker for his team. Morey and his staff passing on him isn't really anything new, our FO's ability to judge wings is hit and miss (thought Ariza would be a game changer, passed Batum for Donte Greene, drafted Jermaine Taylor before C-bud, drafted MM before Parsons etc.).

15. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

I read somewhere that Batums defense is overrated based on numerical analysis. I think it was espn. I know he looked like a beast against us. But we were going to the rim pretty soft. That being said, I like batum - but consider him to be average defensively.

16. joesr

joesr Member

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well keep in mind Portland plays one of the slowest paces in the L (or at least they used too during Roy/LMA/Oden, I dunno about them now). I guess that sorta' inflates his defense because the team in general slows everything to a crawl. But IMHO this also underrates his offensive game, because if they played small ball like GSW and Batum got starter minutes he'd probably put up a ton of stats.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I wouldn't die of a broken heart if we traded the players you mentioned. I just think it leans too much in the direction of Portland. And they're already doing well enough for themselves.

Batum might just be the player we need, I grant you. We might need to see what he'll do over the course of the season, rather than in that one game against Cbud's awful defense, on the same day Portland management lowballed him (or, wouldn't meet his agent's lofty demands; I don't know if he's asking for just the sun and the moon or the sun, moon, and stars).

But don't get me wrong. I'd loooooooooove Batum as our starting 3. Some combo of what you proposed might get it done.

19. BigMaloe

well he is kinda in the dog house with his coach.... he was benched against us for showboating a dunk...but lets see if i can sweeten it up...

Hill/Bud/t.will/2nd rd pick for Javelle McGee

fact is that thier team lacks alot of talent...

20. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

I would break the bank for harden. Sounds like OKC and Westbrook are split on contract extension issues, so maybe there's a chance. Mayor is out for the year, so dragic, lee, ny pick would be core... Then add hill or ppat. Might be a slight underball, but who knows. Then I'd trade Martin to the wolves for pekovic, Randolph

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.