1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Is there lottery protection on that Dallas pick???

2. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Top 20 protected!!

3. rockets06

rockets06 Member

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/111211lakers_acquire_draftpick.html

The trade exception of $8.9 mil could be used on Scola's $8.6 mil contract. I don't believe that it is protected but Dallas will more than likely make the playoffs anyway so I think the pick would be between 20-30.

4. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

would you guys take...
    Pistons get Martin,Hill
    Houston take Ben Gordon (salary dump) and top three protected first round pick in 2012

???

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

That's an interesting deal. Don't think Detroit would do it.

6. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I think they take their chances with Gordon's contract in a deep '12 draft.

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i would love to trade with detroit for that... but yeah... its unrealistic

8. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Detroit is the lowest money producing team in the league right now. They have a decent center and point. Give them a high scoring 2 and if not Hill maybe Twill and Dragic, they would be decent. Plus Gordons deal is atrocious.

9. rockets06

rockets06 Member

To me to get their 1st rd '12 top 3 protected it may have to be Martin and Morris because of his potential. Dragic is expiring, Williams and Hill can't be consistent on a nightly basis. Just looked at his contract it's basically the same as what we'd pay Martin next year with a team option the following year which we would decline if we couldn't trade him. So now I'd be all for it. But doubt it even creates a wave in the media.

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Potential trade deadline moves since Les doesn't want to tank.

Rockets trade: Lee, Goran, Dalembert, Thabeet, Flynn, Ny pick
    Warriors Trade: Ellis, Biedrins, Ish

That would open up alot of cap space for the 2012 FA for the Warriors. A Lowry/ Ellis duo could do some damage since we don't want to tank.

Rockets Trade: Martin, Bud, Hill
    T-wolves Trade: Beasley, Randloph, Johnson

Since the T-wolves don't have a 2012 pick, they might as well try to be competitive this season. Martin and Bud play well with RA and Hill's an exp. contract. All of the players from the T-wolves aren't guaranteed money next season, so if one under performs, don't sign them back.

Lowry/ Ish
    Ellis/ Johnson/ T-will
    Parsons/ Beasley
    Scola/ Patterson
    Biedrins/ Randolph

11. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

The way I see it, there are two teams we should target. Two teams with also a bad record: Suns & Pistons. They aren't playing well ... struggeling all the way. If we could pull off a trade for Gortat (Suns) and young talent/or Prince (Pistons), this team could get back much needed size and defense in return.

Getting Iggy isn't going to happen, the Sixers are rolling. Getting Granger or Hibbert isn't going to happen for the same reason. Getting Al Jefferson? Did you all noticed the way his playing at the moment? Way too good for Utah to trade him away ...

Keep an eye on the Suns & Pistons, Morey! :grin:

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Noah is struggling this year. He's been benched more than a few times in the 4th quarter, and the word is he hasn't played well along side Boozer.

Maybe this is dreaming, but any chance the Bulls would be willing to trade him to us?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bulls aren't trading Noah.

Not for anything on Houston's roster at least.

#993 J.R., Jan 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  14. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

The first one is pretty absurd. why would Warriors trade a great player in Ellis for five players, most of whom aren't even getting to play? They are taking on two extra players for no reason whatsoever and getting nothing but a likely late 1st round pick in return?

15. Rokman

Rokman Member

I wonder if we could trade the contracts of all the 09ers to one of the bottom rung teams at the deadline who knows its going to tank and needs to clear a couple of decent players but longer term contracts. They could just not pick up any of the extensions and clear a ton of salary while getting to look at a handful of high first round picks and see if they want to keep one or two of them.

I have a scenario and it works on RealGM's Trade Checker:

Houston Trades:

- Hasheem Thabeet
    - Jonny Flynn
    - Jordan Hill
    - Terrence Williams
    - Chase Budinger

New Orleans Trades:

- Emeka Okafor

Works well for both teams. New Orleans is in full tank mode. They clear the remaining 2-1/2 years of Emeka Okafor's contract off and get 5 young players who still have "some" hope of upside to look at and decide if they want to keep them or not.

Houston gets to cut the fat from their roster and get a hometown serviceable big. Of course I agree he is not worth what he is getting paid but it makes our roster look more lean and mean by helping us toughen up our front line.

New Roster

P.G. - Kyle Lowry__________/______ Goran Dragic
    S.G. - Kevin Martin________/______ Courtney Lee
    S.F. - Chandler Parsons____/_______Marcus Morris
    P.F. - Luis Scola__________/_______Patrick Patterson
    ..C. - Emeka Okafor_______/_______Samuel Dalembert

Of course this would never happen but it would be great to see something along these lines.

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

It's a trade for cap space and flexibility moving foward. All the players from the rockets in that trade aren't guaranteed any money for next season. The Warriors would have a lot of money to try and land some big 2012 FAs. If the Warriors suck by the time the trade deadline comes and want to tank for a high pick in the draft with cap space to rebuild much faster, moving Ellis' (33mil/3yrs) and Biedrins' (27mil/ 3yrs) contracts wouldn't be that bad in the long run.

And Lee is better than Rush, Dragic is better than whoever they're playing at pg while curry's out, and Dalembert is better than Biedrins. Keep the players who perform well, and let the others go.

17. Roxs-Redemption

To be honest, I dont want Beasley... and would rather have SammyD instead of Biendrins..

18. valorita

valorita Member

With the emergence of Parsons (basically what we were hoping Chase would develop into) I think it's time to put a curfew on Bud-let's-party. It's not as much about Bud the player because he would be fine in a bench role with a pass first pg but I just don't see how he fits on our team going forward with Marcus filling what we need more at the 3.
    Chase is young, coming off a decent season and has one of the best contracts in basketball. You can easily get a low 1st rounder or package one of the 09ers to get a decent player in return.

IMO, I think we should trade Chase, Hill, and Thabeet for a Kaman type player (who has a true post game) or an instant off the bench offense type of guard.

19. fattz

fattz Member

Rockets
    in - Robin Lopez, Markieff Morris, PS 2nd round '12, and small filler
    out - Hill, T-Will, Budinger,and HR 1st round '12

Suns
    in - Hill, T-Will, Budinger,and HR 1st round '12
    out - Robin Lopez, Markieff Morris, PS 2nd round '12, and small filler

It sounds like a lot at first but hear me out.
    +Markieff is going to be a soild player for years to come and is worth the 1st round pick alone IMO.
    +R. Lopez has a the tools to be starting center IMO he needs a coach that can reach him.
    +The sun suck so badly the 2nd round pick will be so high it is like a low 1st rounder BUT the player is on a mini salary.
    +Lopez takes Hills mins.
    +Scola is now MORE THAN tradable Patterson/BigMorrris
    +Budinger and T-Wll gone time for Parsons/LilMorris

For the Suns
    Change in Team Outlook: +4.6 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and +0.6 apg
    +Hill and Budinger both are servicable
    +There is a lot of room for T-Will with the Suns
    +They could sign all of them if wanted or just part ways - (Budinger has a team option for less than 1M)
    +A lottery pick in '12 plus theirs

20. fattz

fattz Member

^^^
    plus a spot to sing Greg Smith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.