1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckcheeks

Buckcheeks Member

Why did you start yelling mid-sentence?

2. Cleepy

Cleepy Member

3. cod

cod Member

Both play mostly at SG for their respective teams.

4. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Josh Smith lost 35 pounds over the off season. Doesn't even look like the same person. :eek:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Hawks are at their very best when he plays the 3...

6. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Don't worry DMorey follows me on twitter. I will just @ him. We'll get this trade done by tomorrow.

7. laserguy183

laserguy183 Member

Sign Marc Gasol to Max Contract- trade along with CLee, Marcus Morris, and Motiejunas to Orlando for Dwight Howard.

Trade Scola, Lowry, Budinger, Flynn, plus Knicks Pick and Memphis Pick to NO for Paul.

Sign Battier and Hayes.

Paul/Dragic
    Martin/ Twill
    Battier/
    PatPat/Hayes/JHill
    Howard/Thabeet

Absolute Dream scenario and Im not sure if the numbers even work. Would provide the offense and defense needed to be a contender. Gives both Howard and Paul a reason to resign in Houston.

Houston would be gutted of all of its assets.

8. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Getting Marc Gasol even for max would be difficult, however the idea you just proposed seems more remotely doable than alot of the other trade proposals here. It actually shows that we give up alot, but still get alot in the process. Cudos!

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He even lost 35% of his shorts!

10. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Martin+Morris for Gortat+Pietrus.

11. Houston_Rockets

I want Josh Smith and Iggy ASAP.

Thabbet
    Smith
    Iggy
    Martin
    Lowry

We get physical, we get better rebounding the ball, and we get better defensively, 3 things we lacked 4eva.

I don´t care what people say about Thabeet, IMO, we only need a 5 that will let you know what happens if you get into the paint. I am sorry if I prefer to trust in Thabbet then paying 15M for Gasol or 10M to Jordan.

JSmoove, people get to caught up in discussing if this man is a 3 or a 4, the future of the PF position are these 6´9 6´10 guys that have ability to play the perimeter, defensively and offensively, being the Center the only guy that controls the paint on both ends. JSmoove is just that, plus we get a guy that plays serious D and gets dunks, yes we need dunks, everything last year was done below the rim, we need easy fastbreak dunks, we need to be blocked less, we need excitement, this man brings it all.

Iggy, don´t care if he is a 2 or a 3, he can play both, on both ends of the floor. The thing I like about IGGY??? This guy is everything Martin isn´t, a playmaker for him and others with the ball in his hand. Doesn´t score like Martin, but he makes plays for others, unlike Martin, plus this man guards the Kobes of the world while allowing Martin to defend the lesser threat on D.

Martin and Lowry we already know what to expect (even tho some people are blind about Martin)

For me this is as close as to a "no superstar championship contender team" you will ever get in this day and age, and I actually believe we have players to trade for these, I just think that if DM pulls the trigger people will get disappointed because young blood will have to go.

I still think we have a shot at a superstar....... (Deron Williams as I said previously)

12. AXG

AXG Member

To Orlando:
    Kevin Martin
    Hasheem Thabeet
    Jordan Hill
    Terrence Williams
    Goran Dragic

To Houston:
    Dwight Howard
    Hedo Turkoglu

The Rockets give up a ton of assets (and their top scorer), but they are all young and worse-case scenario most expire after next season anyway. Houston gets the top center in the league and a serviceable player in Turkey Glue.

Lowry/ Flynn
    Lee/ Budinger
    Turkoglu/ Morris/ Budinger/ Parsons/ Blakely
    Scola/ Patterson
    Howard/ Chuck (FA)/ Cousin

13. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

That bald dude really want's him some Josh Smith.

:grin:

14. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

Whatever the trade is... i'd want kevin martin in houston with the star
    - kmart and dwight would be a lethal combo because they can both foul out the bigs and kmarts slashing/shooting is a great compliment to a good centre

1 person likes this.
  15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

To Orlando:

Kevin Martin
    Luis Scola
    Terrence Williams
    2012 Knicks pick
    $13.3 million trade exception (which Orlando then uses to get Nene or Chandler in a sign and trade)

To Houston:

Dwight
    Turkoglu (major salary dump)
    J.J. Redick (salary dump via Battier trade exception)

16. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Why is Lowry interviewing him?

18. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

All these trade scenarios omit a crucial detail. To get a top talent, the other team is at least going to want a projected super-star in return. We dont have any.

Nevermind all this **** about Paul's agent lowering his value.

What I think we have of value to another team perhaps greater than the players we have to trade is all those 1st round picks of ours. But it seems to me, even then, that NO and/or the Magic would have to have rebuild on their menu to take a bunch of role players (even very good ones) along with picks in exchange for a guy that's in the top 3 at his position.

20. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.