1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

GM said that 'Dwight's list has 3 teams, his list has 29'... can't make it anymore simple than that... and that's straight from the horse's mouth that has the actual say in where he goes...

2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

3. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

recall last year. GWallace,CLee,Dragic, were all traded and none of them were on the rumor mills. We keep recycling the same names this year like Wallace,Howard,Jackson,Martin and then when a trade goes through for someone nobody thinks of and we are all surprised.

I think Morey is working with names we havent considered yet. Cant guess who but i think we will all be surprised soon

4. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

Have any of you seen this website posted yet with this Rockets and Magic trade? http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-120302/nba-making-deal-five-teams-need-one

5. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-120302/nba-making-deal-five-teams-need-one :eek:

7. Rokman

Rokman Member

The only deal I don't like about that trade is that it leaves us real thin. I mean REAL THIN.

Roster:

P.G. - Kyle Lowry _______/
    S.G. - Courtney Lee _____/
    S.F. - Chandler Parsons__/ Marcus Morris
    P.F. - Luis Scola________/ Patrick Patterson
    ..C. - Dwight Howard____/

Though I love the thought of that starting lineup, we don't have anyone to relieve Lowry, Lee or Howard. Don't tell me that Flynn, Terrence Williams and Jordan Hill are going to cut it because I don't think they will and besides, they will be gone next year.

Regardless, we get the star big we want and we could fill in the gaps in the offseason.

I'd say pull the trigger on that deal in a heartbeat!! Too bad it will never happen.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I do think Flynn, T-Will, and especially Hill can be capable backups. They're as good as the scrubs Orlando has been running out as their starting lineup around Howard... They're probably pretty typical of NBA bench players.

9. teebone21

teebone21 Member

truth be told houston wont get anything done by the trade deadline. Morey is always slow to pull trigger on deals and overvalues the average talent we have on this team. As many times he tries to hold seminars and such he needs to change his way of thinking and start taking talent thats readily available. This offseason and the deadline next week need to have a glimpes of hope for this team.
    GIVE THE PEOPLE MORE TO TALK ABOUT THAN THE TEXANS HERE

10. teebone21

teebone21 Member

trash all the 09ers, bring over foreign ballers, and make everyone player on team avail for trade.

11. teebone21

teebone21 Member

AlexKennedyNBA: The Minnesota Timberwolves are making a strong push to acquire Jamal Crawford prior to the trade deadline, according to multiple sources.
    1 hour ago

twolves trying what about us

12. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Just curious, how do you know what deals Morey has rejected because he over values players? If anyone over values players on this team, it's people on ClutchFans.

Lol, cause Jamal Crawford is an absolute game changer.

13. Spooner

Spooner Member

Why do you want Jamal Crawford?? The Wolves don't have a SG. We have 2. You really want another one at that price?

14. Sen89

Sen89 Member

TRADE 1
    Rockets trade: Scola, J.Hill, Budinger
    Sixers trade: Iguodala, L.Allen
    -> Sixers let Turner take Iggy's role, and get an upgrade at the 4 spot, a needed shooter and youth up front.

TRADE 2
    Rockets trade: Martin, Dragic, M.Morris
    Rockets get: Gasol, Goudelock

Lakers trade: Gasol, Ebanks, Goudelock
    Lakers get: J.Smith, M.Williams, Dragic
    - Lakers fill their holes at the 1 and the 3, plus get a stud in Smith to play the 4.

Hawks trade: J.Smith, M.Williams
    Hawks get: Jefferson, M.Morris, Ebanks
    - Hawks get an elite inside combo with Big Al and Horford, and some youth at the forward spots.

Jazz trade: Jefferson
    Jazz get: Martin
    - Jazz free up PT for their young bigs and upgrade their weak perimeter.

Dalembert/Smith
    Gasol/Patterson/Allen
    Iguodala/Parsons
    Lee/T.Williams
    Lowry/Goudelock/Flynn

Our depth would take a small step back, but our starting lineup would be quite a bit better. We'd have a mini big-3, we'd be fantastic defensively, and tougher overall.

15. Spooner

Spooner Member

O yea... One of the most active GMs in the league is slow to pull the trigger. :rolleyes: Where do people come up with this ****?

Last year the rockets made two trades and clearly came out ahead on both. The year before that a blockbuster trade landed us Martin and another trade was set up to land Amare before Morey declined the deal due to Amare's health. Yea... he really doesn't do much. Why don't you look at half the GMs in the league who don't even make deadline moves? Two deadline deals a year just isn't enough for some people....

16. teebone21

teebone21 Member

blind GARM members. GO ahead and rage next week when our roster is the same. clear upgrades needed and you guys supporting picking up iggy and calling lowry ( our much inconsistant starter) a star.:rolleyes: mediocore OTW

17. Spooner

Spooner Member

Who said anything about not needing upgrades? Anyone who thinks this team is complete is delusional. Don't know why you are a attacking Kyle??? He makes under 6mil per year. Can you find a better player in the league not under a rookie deal that makes that kind of impact on a team? Would this be a complete team with Yao? Yes. This team was built around Yao who retired this summer. Obviously that puts a damper on the plans of a franchise. Can you maybe give it more than a year to climb back into contention? Or are you too impatient to see what we had just a year ago?

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Ok, here's 3 separate trades (really 2, but the 1st one needs to be split in half to make it work)

Trade 1a
    With New Orleans

OUTGOING: Thabeet, Williams, Hill
    INCOMING: Kaman

Trade 1b
    With New Orleans again

OUTGOING: Flynn
    INCOMING: Jack

Trade 2
    With Los Angeles Lakers

OUTGOING: Lowry, Scola
    INCOMING: Gasol + pick (or one of Goudelock/Morris/Ebanks)

New Roster

PG Jack/ Dragic
    SG Martin/ Lee
    C Kaman/ Dalembert/ Smith
    PF Gasol/ Patterson/ Morris
    SF Parsons/ Budinger

Leaves us with a good amount of 2013 expirings to play "trade for a superstar" again next season ($15mill between Martin and Jack)
    I'm a huge fan of Lowry, my favourite current Rocket. But frankly we need a direction - Gasol is a direction. Yes, he has a huge contract, but anyone who is available either has contract issues OR just isn't very good. If we make a move for Gasol, then we have someone to build around, and at least SOME kind of appeal to bring in an elite level wing player. HATE losing Lowry, but if we're going to make a move to a direction, then we're going to have to give something up.

Getting Kaman/ Jack is to soften the loss of Lowry a little, and also to give us more inside presence this season. Gives the option of lowballing Kaman in the off-season and potentially getting a bargain there I suppose.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

i'm watching kings vs nuggets game and kenneth faried has 20 pts,12 rebs. i think the nuggets might trade nene

20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Dude is a monster rebounder, but I don't think they will get rid of Nene unless they can upgrade at that position (sadly, Nene is one of the best centers). They could do damage with Faried at the 4 and Nene at the 5. Lawson, Affalo, Gallo, Faried, and Nene wouldn't be that bad of a team when healthy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.