1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Although your offer includes a Potent Combination of Blossoming Talent from the Rox, a trade for a player like Dwight Howard is necessary for the Rockets to be Championship Contenders unless the Rockets as assembled can prove otherwise!

It wouldn't hurt to have Four NBA Hall of Famers who are some of the Greatest Centers to have played in the NBA with a combined Seven NBA Championships in Moses, Big E, Rockets Coach McHale, and "The Dream" recruit Howard as well...

(Heck, Yao could make Five) ;)

#201 djperm, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  2. jjc1

jjc1 Member

Chris Paul will try to pull a Carmelo by forcing NO to trade him to NY; however, NY has really nothing in value to trade. We should take a risk by trading for Paul even without a commitment from him to stay after the summer. The asking price from NO should be lower without a commitment from Paul. We can send Lowry, TWill, Hill, 2012 NY 1st round pick, and the draft rights of D-Mo to NO for Paul. NO is better off getting something for Paul rather than losing him in free agency in the summer of 2012.

In order to retain Paul, we need to get DHoward, even if it means giving up Kevin Martin. We can send KMart, Scola, draft rights of Morris, and Thabeet to Orlando for DHoward, Turkoglu and Bass. Orlando saves about $7 million in salary and they get to dump Turkoglu to us.

Then use the MLE to sign a backup center.

Our lineup will look like this:

Paul/Flynn
    Lee/Dragic
    Turkoglu/Bud
    PatPat/Bass
    Howard/MLE

I truly believe in order to get DHoward we must have another superstar on our roaster to attract him to here. In this case, we should take advantage of the NO situation by taking a risk to trade for Paul even without an extension.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Take a gamble on Oden and see what he can do for us. I think he can possibly be good for us, but if he isn't, amnesty him and see what we can get in the 2012 FA class.

I also think we need to bring back Chuck because he's the best high-post defender in the league and losing him will be more problematic than most think.

During the season, Scola needs to be traded along with Lee (who will probably not be returning anyway).

Rox get: Granger, Ind 2014 2nd rd pick
    Pacers get: Scola, Lee, Hill, Hou 1st rd 2014 pick

Lowry/ Dragic/ Flynn (exp.)
    Martin/ T-will (exp. contract)
    Granger/ Bud
    Ppat/ Morris
    Oden/ Hayes/ Thabeet (exp. contract)

If we could get Oden from the Blazers and he pans out, we could have a nice team.

4. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

its been reported blazers are willing to offer oden 9million to stay....never would i pay him that.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Yea that's not worth it. We'd have to offer him 10.25 mil because he's a restricted FA. We still should try to sign Chuck back though.

6. rockets06

rockets06 Member

Rockets trade Scola, Morris, Williams
    Hawks trade Josh Smith
    Sign Nene

Lineup
    Lowry, Dragic, Flynn
    Martin, Lee
    Smith, Bud
    Patterson, Hill
    Nene, D-Mo, Thabeet

7. Raven

Raven Member

It's like Yao all over again, they just can't quit a big man no matter how brittle he is.

8. cod

cod Member

It's over 3 years, not per.

9. allanivan

allanivan Member

100% agree...
    This is the dream scenario...
    we cannot just trade for one of them, and in order for them to stay, we trade for both of them at the same time and everyone on our team should be available in this case.

10. valorita

valorita Member

Martin, s&t Hayes
    for
    Allen, Jeff Green, pick

11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I like that trade - though I'd try and swap Hill for Morris. I think the time for trading Scola is here. We need to get younger for a foundation of landing that superstar. A big "IF" ATL would sign off on that, I would too. Nene signing...meh...it won't help the "play the young players 2011-12" season.

12. Since75

Since75 Member

I may get blown up for this but here goes:

Rockets trade to Atlanta:

Scola, Flynn

Receive Josh Smith

Rockets trade to Memphis:

Martin, Hill, Budinger 1st Rd pick

Receive Rudy Gay, OJ Mayo

Rockets sign either Nene or Jordan to offer for starting salary of 10 mil

Roster
    Nene(Jordan)/Thabeet
    Smith/Patterson
    Gay/Williams/Morris
    Lee/Mayo
    Lowry/Dragic

Total salary for 2011 64.1 million ( Rockets have trade exception of 7.3 mil from Battier deal)
    Total salary for 2012 43.7 million with contracts expiring for Lee, Mayo, Patterson, Thabeet and Dragic.

Light the torch!

13. Buckcheeks

Buckcheeks Member

After reading most of these posts, I can confirm you are all smoking dangerous amounts of drugs.

14. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

The Philly insider "Sixerfan1976" on their Realgm board is saying that they are more than likely gonna trade Iggy for a SG or a center. Their top target is Kevin Martin.

Would you do a Martin for Speights+Iggy?

15. Since75

Since75 Member

Hope mine isn't included in your analysis! LOL

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Not a chance dude.

17. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Not a chance dude.

18. Since75

Since75 Member

What part if not all is not doable or realistic? Just wondering

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If Iggy is healthy, yes.

And we'd probably have to throw in a player, although of what caliber, I don't know.

20. cod

cod Member

Before the lockout the Sixers told Nocioni they were "going in another direction" and were going to move him.

If "going in another direction" means going with their young guys and cutting salary because they've been hemorrhaging money for years. The Rockets can absolutely give them that kind of deal for Iggy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.