1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2008-09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

OMG.........I'm starting to enjoy this. Explain to me why Washington does this. I will anxiously await your answer

2. faraza84

faraza84 Member

hah i guess maybe cuz their gm hates his life. They did extend arenas a crazy contract for someone who is more injury riddled than tmac. Does that have something to do with adidas?

3. chinesetaco

chinesetaco Contributing Member

I'd do this in a heartbeat

4. King1

Rip Hamilton was a good suggestion but I don't think it's possible. I would honestly trade TMac for AI, Marion or Rip Hamilton. No to guys like all the thugs like Jackson, Tinsley ,ect.... No to the headcases like Harrington, Thomas and Curry. Get rid of Luther. If you trade rafer then we need a veteran who can shoot. Steve Blake is a good suggestion. No to Sergio Rodriguez (he has yet to show he can do anything in the NBA). I love how Aaron Brooks is playing and you'd be bringing in a clone by going after nate Robinson (plus he would cost too much). Battier has way more value then many are giving him credit for. There is no chance we get young stars like Gay or anyone else suggested for TMac. Everyone else sees the same thing we do. I actuaslly like the way Crawford is playing but i don't think he'd fit here (plus his history scares you). Mike Miller would be great too

I still need to see 10 more games.

5. King1

Possibly, lol. Arenas was paid b/c they think he will regain his old form (yet to see) but more importantly, he sells tickets. Huge marketing guy. The same reason you will never see Yao in another jersey.

6. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Haha. And sign Reggie Miller and the Pacers revival will be complete.

Shane Battier for Jamario Moon and Andrea Bargnani

Moon has the tools to be another AK47 or Gerald Wallace. Assuming Ron Artest will be our starter, Moon will fill in nicely as the backup and should effectively spell Battier for 12-15 minutes a game.

Bargnani will help kick start our offense when Yao is resting. He's a legit 7 footer with a variety of offensive skills. The trade also frees up some money to sign Deke.

PG: Rafer Alston | Aaron Brooks | Steve Francis
    SG: Tracy McGrady | Brent Barry | Luther Head
    SF: Ron Artest | Jamario Moon
    PF: Luis Scola | Carl Landry | Chuck Hayes
    CN: Yao Ming | Andrea Bargnani | Dikembe Mutombo

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm a hater cause I tell the truth? Well, when the team wins 68% without yao and 40% without tracy, what does that tell you about on court impact? I doubt they would trade either one, but the team can get more because of yao's "percieved" value. I can tell you that he lets his offense impact every aspect of his game which should never happen. I can tell you the age of slow,plodding,injury prone,turnover prone big man can bog the team down as much as anyone in the league. If I could get Kaman, Thomas and a 1st rd pick, he would be gone tommorrow. I can also tell you it won't happen like that.

8. c0r0na21

c0r0na21 Member

i dont kno bout rockets trading anybody i like them just the way they are but the texans should trade for vince young since he is backin up kollins which is doing good...

9. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

What can we get for trading Tmac and Artest. Any ideas?

10. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

That would be awesome if we could do that.

11. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Wow. That's really good. Add Luther into the mix, Raps need a backup Shooting guard who shoots well.

Head+Battier for Bargnani+Moon . I'm thinking high on Bargnani, he's underrated.

12. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

Anyone?

13. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

stop posting

14. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Man I like that trade we get more athletic and players with guts

15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I would prefer luther for Moon straight up-with the lakers improvement we will need another premiere defender

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Trade Luther Head to the Nets for PF/C Sean Williams (6'10).

Trade between Houston-Chicago-Portland:

Bulls
    Tracy McGrady
    Chuck Hayes

Rockets
    Kirk Hinrich
    Steve Blake
    Rudy Fernandez
    Travis Outlaw
    Joaquim Noah
    Sergio Rodriguez

Blazers
    Luol Deng
    Rafer Alston

Sign Deke/McDyess.

Rockets Roster:

Yao/McDyess/Sean Williams
    Scola/Landry/Noah
    Artest/Outlaw
    Fernandez/Barry
    Blake/AB/Rodriguez

IR: Hinrich, Dorsey, Wafer

17. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

18. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

I would throw in Luther Head for a trade exception and/or a 2nd rounder.

19. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

you can continue to find, but please watch some games of curry, not highlights of curry.

Then you can see that, curry is good at the low post scoring, but he do not defend, he will not hustle for rebounds, and his too lazy to jump for blocks. His like the exact opposite of hayes. Scoring ability and nothing else.

I understand that tmac is better/more important to rox, but any trade involve yao, will be a big downgrade, unless its for dwight, bynum. While a trade for tmac can solve problems on other positions while not suffering a huge drop.

20. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

Rockets Receive:
    -Johan Petro
    -2nd round pick

Thunder Receive:
    -Chuck Hayes

we gain a 7' footer that has a decent mid-range jumper, and they get a good defending big man. :p