1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2008-09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

As long as we can get Deke back and get another PF over 6'10, I'm all for trading: Head, Francis, Hayes, Wafer and maybe even Landry for the right PF.

2. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Member

Rafer for Rayman Felton.

I kid, I kid.

3. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Al Holford, any chance the Rockets can get him ?

This guy is a monster, he should've won rookie of the year for sure.

4. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

no way we can get him

5. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Give him time? We've given him 5 seasons. Let's look at players who've had less seasons in the NBA; Lebron, Wade, CP, Deron Williams, Bosh.....

Why do people always defend Yao and say he needs time? Time for what? To adjust from Chinese Basketball to the NBA? You must be kidding right?

Either way, I dont mind keeping Yao, T-Mac is the one I think needs to go. He is not worth his contract, and he will NEVER be 100% ever again. He will ALWAYS be injured.

If there is any way to get Rip Hamilton, I would gladly take it. I'd be willing to give up any of these players...
    Yao, Tmac, Scola... and anyone on our bench except Battier and Brooks.

I'm not saying to trade EVERYONE.. I'm just saying i would consider any of these players.

We will not get out of the first round with this team. The Yao/TMac era needs to end.

6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Wat is wrong with you people!?!? We're only 7 games in!

7. killlogan

killlogan Member

trade tmac for marion, or Kidd, or AI. Or trade tmac for Logan or Magneto. All in all, by all means, trade tmac who performed "brilliantly" the latest two games past, getting 4 points with 1-16. :p

8. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

I know I will get flamed for this but here goes.

Yao for Bosh.

We do it because we become more athletic in the front court, Bosh is a better rebounder, he is more effective in the high post than Yao and doesn't need (or play) in the same areas that TMac and Artest like the ball at. He won't clog up the middle when we have guys wanting to penetrate and he has better hands to catch balls in traffic. He is a better finisher with defenders around him. We get younger, and with TMac coming off the books in 2010, it could set us up to have an awesome young core. Plus, it saves about $600,000 this year.

They do it because Yao is a franchise big man who commands a double team in the post. They have the shooters to take advantage of the constant double teams Yao would see in Calderon, Kapono, Parker, and Bargnani. They have Jermaine O'neal who is a decent shooter as well from a PF position. They have the type of team that is built to support a player like Yao, much more so than Houston which is not filled with many good shooters. Plus, Toronto I believe has the largest Chinese population in North America. Yao gives the Toronto Raptor brand more recognition in Toronto and gives them a more world wide appeal.

**I firmly believe that our big 3 cannot play their best while together. I believe one of them must go, and I believe Yao has the best value which is why I traded him. You are not going to get anything worth anything by trading TMac, plus the Rockets want that expiring contract for 2010. I don't see the Rockets trading Artest either because his contract is so cheap and he is also an expiring contract this year.

9. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

i know its only 7 games in but the yao/tmac era should end now, they never even been out of the first round together and everyone looks lost on the court, just get rid of tmac for darko,rudy,and lowry this solves all of our problems. a shooting pg,a 7 foot shotblocker and a young version of mcgrady but the grizzlies wouldn't do it unless we throw in landry or scola

10. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

sorry for double post but this would be a GREAT lineup imo two seven footers in the paint, a shooter in lowry to make the open shot when yao,gay, or artest gets doubled and hes also putting up pretty much same stats as alston in less minutes and hes stronger and a better defender than alston and really young. Nothing to say about rudy that you wouldnt know already except hes probably untouchable.Darko has shooting touch and a little low post game but most importantly hes a seven foot shotblocker and we still have scola off the bench

lowry/brooks
    gay/barry
    artest/battier
    darko/scola
    yao/landry

11. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

This would be the most doable in my opinion, but the Rockets will never trade Yao.

12. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I've read in an article that the Nets are looking for a 3rd PG..and Head was mentioned in that article..maybe we can get a big man from them..

13. ThaBlackKnight

If only we could get Chandler or Biedrins... those guys are the best rebounders in the league along with Dwight Howard.

Or if we could get Drew Gooden from Chicago. He's only 6'9 but the man can rebound and he can hit a mid range jumper. Or Shawne Williams from the Nets. He's very young but athletic and can block shots. Not being used much and not making too much $ either.

14. JoeZ

JoeZ Member

Good points:)

15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I think we have something wrong with our big 2. And like others, I trade TMac first, but I doubt even Morey can pull off a trade of any kind (other than Marbury - which I'd hangup on) for Tracy at this point. No GM wants to take on a contract like TMac's considering he's very "iffy" in his current state - surgery around the corner - play vs pay - etc. He's just not a good value player right now and it doesn't look promising as the season gets longer. So trading TMac for anyone we want is not possible IMO.

Yao is going to net you your best players in return because he still has value on the court and off. But like others have said, I doubt we will ever trade Yao because of the money he generates.

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I have proposed this trade for sometime now. It makes absolute sense, the Rockets do not have any size. Daryl Morey said this moring on Sports 610 that the main reason the Rockets do not have any height is due to their salary cap. If this is not the most bogus excuse I have ever hear!!! Just because you do not have money, you are forced to draft players who are shrter at their position. The Rockets need to change their philosophy on drafting players but first they need to make a significant trade, not a major trade, but one that help take the burden off of Tracy, Yao, and Ron, and I think this would be a perfect trade for both teams!!

17. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Head for David Lee

i like the trade for lee, his suffering a crisis now, and Mike's confidence of him is at all time low, maybe a trade for head?

Head fits the bill of Mike's offense. Fast, and able to shoot the three.

hayes and alston for udonis haslem.
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2184~11~2834&teams=10~14~14&te=&cash=

piling up on defensive PFs that can crash the board, and shoot the open jumper. Geting a like for like, and a veteran PG.

tmac for wallace, felton and carrol
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...32~2211~2753~1026&teams=30~10~10~10&te=&cash=

theres been rumours of gerald wallace is on the trading boards, and whats better than getting another great 2-way player? For taking matt carrol who sign that huge 5 year 25m contract while not playing even when bobcats are losing and he have no injury, could meant that his going to be a bust. So to even it out, bobcats have to give up felton as well.

And finally,
    scola and battier for rip
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=976~1781~294&teams=8~8~10&te=&cash=

iverson proves to be a shooting guard, and rip is redundant, pistons can balance up the squad with 2 scrappy players that fits the pistons image while offloading rip from the backcourt log jam.

C-Yao, Dorsey
    PF- Haslem, Landry and Lee.
    SF- Artest, Wallace, Carrol
    SG- Rip, Barry, Von Wafer
    PG- Felton, AB, SF3.

You can expect better off ball movement, due to rip.
    Felton is not a good shooter, but his a tough kid and will move without the ball, as well as making cuts. Good defender. Pass-first mentality. Able to finished the break.
    Wallace is another great 2-way player along with artest. His basically a battier that have better scoring abilities.
    Haslem and Lee are undersize PFs, but they are great on the boards. And both is capable of huge nights on rebounds or points on any given nights.

Was very bored......

18. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

its funny how before the season 3/4 of you guys were saying CHAMPIONSHIP, now less than 10 games into the new season you guys are saying we gotta trade mcgrady, yao, scola etc etc...

but i must admit the rockets need some height, length and athleticism up front, and a solid starting point guard (alston seems to be declining with his speed, n quickness,).

if mcgrady's knee gets better(hopefully) and better shape, and battier comes back that would tighten up the half-court perimeter defense.

but other than that if the rockets just continue playing find their rhythm, timing, and if their perimeter shots start going in they were be fine, and still one of the top teams in the west.

19. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Sign McDyess and trade for Andre Miller!

Philadelphia 76ers
    Incoming Players

Steve Francis
    Salary: $2,634,480 Years Remaining: 1

Luther Head
    Salary: $1,962,378 Years Remaining: 1
    PTS: 6.0 REB: 0.5 AST: 0.5 PER: 11.10

Chuck Hayes
    Salary: $1,768,000 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 0.6 REB: 3.4 AST: 0.4 PER: 1.62

Rafer Alston
    Salary: $4,900,000 Years Remaining: 2
    PTS: 7.6 REB: 3.1 AST: 4.1 PER: 8.89

2 second round picks

Outgoing Players: Andre Miller

Houston Rockets
    Incoming Players

Andre Miller
    Salary: $10,333,334 Years Remaining: 1
    PTS: 15.3 REB: 3.3 AST: 5.7 PER: 17.32

Outgoing Players: Steve Francis, Luther Head, Chuck Hayes, Rafer Alston, second round pick 2010 and 2012

20. jondoe

jondoe Member

TMAC for Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson!!!!

works perfect in the trade machine. Rox get size and a scoring swingman. Al can play both center and PF, plus the starting five would be totally thugged out: Al, Jackson, Artest, Rafer, oh, and Yao can be the good guy.