1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2008-09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

I think..

You suck

:mad:

2. e29t

e29t New Member

Hey, just throwing this trade out there :cool:

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

HOUSTON ROCKETS

Incoming Players
    Travis Outlaw
    6-9 SF from Starkville (HS)
    13.6 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.4 apg in 31.8 minutes
    Steve Blake
    6-3 PG from Maryland
    10.9 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 3.7 apg in 30.7 minutes
    Kirk Hinrich
    6-3 PG from Kansas
    8.3 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 4.0 apg in 24.4 minutes

Outgoing Players
    Aaron Brooks
    5-11 PG from Oregon
    10.7 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 2.5 apg in 19.2 minutes
    Luther Head
    6-3 PG / SG from Illinois
    6.0 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 0.5 apg in 13.9 minutes
    Steve Francis
    6-3 PG / SG from Maryland
    No games yet played in 2008-2009
    Rafer Alston
    6-2 PG from Frenso State
    7.6 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 4.1 apg in 31.4 minutes
    Shane Battier
    6-8 SF from Duke

Portland Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -16.5 ppg, -7.5 rpg, and -0.8 apg.
    Incoming Players
    Luther Head
    6-3 PG / SG from Illinois
    6.0 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 0.5 apg in 13.9 minutes
    Rafer Alston
    6-2 PG from Frenso State
    7.6 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 4.1 apg in 31.4 minutes
    Shane Battier
    6-8 SF from Duke
    Outgoing Players
    Channing Frye
    6-11 C from Arizona
    5.6 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.3 apg in 18.1 minutes
    Travis Outlaw
    6-9 SF from Starkville (HS)
    13.6 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1.4 apg in 31.8 minutes
    Steve Blake
    6-3 PG from Maryland
    10.9 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 3.7 apg in 30.7 minutes

Chicago Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +8.0 ppg, +3.9 rpg, and -1.2 apg.
    Incoming Players
    Aaron Brooks
    5-11 PG from Oregon
    10.7 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 2.5 apg in 19.2 minutes
    Steve Francis
    6-3 PG / SG from Maryland
    Channing Frye
    6-11 C from Arizona
    5.6 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.3 apg in 18.1 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Kirk Hinrich
    6-3 PG from Kansas
    8.3 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 4.0 apg in 24.4 minutes

4. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

i would only move battier for a backup big. why trade battier and brooks for hinrich and outlaw? brooks is going to be better than hinrich. only good player portland gets in this deal is battier. no way they would do that.

i still like mine best. frye, outlaw, sergio for battier, head.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yao will be a Rocket his entire career. From a business standpoint he is a cash cow.

6. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

Luther Head For Nick Young of the Wizards

7. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

and also how about just signing Mutombo too

8. zack15432

zack15432 Member

Steve and Chuck for Tinsley. lets face it he isnt doing anything for the pacers right now and they would get a good defender who can guard almost anyone and get out from under the 3 yrs left on tinsleys contract as well as save about 1.5 M this season. tinsley has 3 years and 21.5 M left on his contract. and they bring back steve at 2.6 for 1 year and chuck for 4 M for 2 yrs.

Lets face it if we want to win now which is the mode we are in we need a better PG. tinsley has roughly the same %ages across the board as rafer but is a much better assist man.

I think this is a good trade for both parties, we get a better PG and they get something in return for Tinsley. They also save tons of money.

The second part of the trade is Rafer and Luther for Kaman. Since Kaman is on theblock now that Camby is healthy and we desprately need rebounding and size this is a great option for us. I know he gets paid a lot but again as i said before we are in a win now mode and this will help us a lot, and if we decide to rid ourselves of him next year we can do that. Kaman is due 43M over the next 4 years, but hwo cares he would be great backing up yao as well as playing the 4 next to him at times. We could also use him to reduce yao's minutes. They get back a combined 2 yrs and 12M. saving them money in the long run and helping us to win now as well as help prevent injuries to our BIG3 by us having the BIG 4.

Again this is a good trade for both teams for reasons mentioned above.

Let me know what yall think.

9. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

Miami trades Marion + either filler player or cash or future 2nd rounder

Houston trades TMac

We get an expiring contract and a athletic player who can defend, space the floor, and make hard cuts. Our defensive versatility would move even further off the charts than it is right now.

The early returns with our new Big 3 have been modest at best. Tracy has been the most disappointing to me because he really doesn't seem to want to run RA's offense at all. He walks through the sets, eventually calling for a pick. REALLY, when was the last time ya'll saw him make a hard cut? It's not all about him anymore, and he needs to quit loafing.

If he's hurt, and CAN'T do it physically, then he needs to sit down.

Miami gets another perimeter threat who can create while DWade sits, and a 2nd scorer to take the burden off of the Rook Beasley. Plus, with the East being so wide open after the top 4-5 teams, Miami would seem a lock for a playoff spot.

10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I agree. I think it would be a good idea but I don't think Les would EVER ok trading Yao - not even for Kobe.

11. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

another player who cant create their own shot and who definitely can't create a play. no thanks.

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

we have no need for frye at all. frye is just another PF who only can hit jumpers. we already have 3 PFs who need minutes.

Outlaw is a must. I love the guy. He's going to break out sooner or later. You watch it. The guy is a stud. I think we've been trying to go after him in the past but just haven't done the deal.

I love Sergio too. Calderon in the making.

Why wouldn't you want Hinrich to be our starter and Blake to be his backup? I think they both fit our system perfectly.

And no way Brooks will be better than Hinrich. 5'11 PGs are not a hot commodity in the NBA

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

And people stop creating trades that involve T-Mac, Yao or Ron. Not gonna happen. Our core is not going to change this season.

14. MONON

MONON Member

Don't bank on it!! :D

15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Battier is worth more to them than you think.

Outlaw + Frye isn't too much to ask for Battier. We had to give up Rudy GAY to get Battier.

16. eman

eman Contributing Member

I doubt Portland is going to trade anyone good off their roster. All those guys need to do is get a little older-- wouldn't that be nice? If Oden gets healthy and productive, they might be ready to make their run at dynasty status soon, maybe now. They've had to wait a long time for this. I doubt they'll screw the pooch with trades. Hope not, for those poor fans up there.

I suspect we're going to have to win with what we've got. I'd bench T-mac and give Von Wafer some play. I'd start AB and BB. T-Mac's playing hurt, and it ain't workin'. Let's hope everyone's well three months from now, and then see how we stack up against L.A.

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

He only traded away Kevin Garnett for Al Jefferson...so why not redo that deal and get a superstar back?

18. killer instinct

With Baron cashing in for 4 yrs, does anyone think that Eric Gordon could be gotten at the right price?

WOW! WOW THAT WOULD BE INCREDIBLE.....................

19. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

I'm interested in obtaining Anthony Carter or Earl Watson. As for big men...
    WE NEED DEKE!!!

20. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

if were trading tmac it has to be for someone who can create there own shot, anyone other than rudy gay,lebron,tmac,paul pierce,carmelo,iverson,wade etc. I still think trade tmac and alston for rudy gay,lowry and darko