1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2008-09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

2. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Thats pretty sad when the number 1 pick doesn't even have a picture.

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Luther for Shawn Williams

Rafer for Tinsley

4. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

I can't believe they would give up their starting C for Luther. Boone has actually looked pretty good so far this year, enough to keep Lopez on the bench.

5. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Bargnani (sp?), really? I am a complete believer he is under achieving because of the environment his in. He's young and still has great potential.

But a trade to Houston when we have an opportunity for a title? What are you thinking? We need proven players, not projects.

6. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

That honestly is a horrible trade. I wouldn't do that. Luther Head is a good player for us when he isn't asked to play the point.

7. Tmacfan0115

Tmacfan0115 Member

Raptors rape the trade, Scola is way better than Barg.

8. DPballer

DPballer Member

I wouldn't even do Scola for Bargnani straight up if it was possible.

9. BrooksBall

We have a midget frontcourt. Bargnani is 7'0 and a better defensive player than some people realize. He is a good rebounder and a better shotblocker than Scola and Hayes. His offense is better than Scola and Hayes combined.

The bottom line is that, in my opinion, we need more than just a 7'er to back up Yao. We need a PF/C that can be on the court with Yao against some of the bigger frontcourts. The Lakers bigs owned us on the boards and were simply shooting with ease over all of our PFs.

You have to give to get. Deke as a backup C is not enough. Of our 3 PFs, I think Landry is the best of the bunch given his age, contract and skill set.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Rafer for anybody, anything, fruit, vegetable, or inanimate object. How can we miss him if he never leaves?

11. TMaC MVP

TMaC MVP Rookie

someone PLEASE make this happen, Rick Adelman NEEDS Rip Hamilton, seriously, if he wants movement without the ball then who better than Rip?? he would be PERFECT for the rockets offense

perhaps get tracy mcgrady to join AI and maybe they will throw in a draft pick

lets go after baron davis who also thrives in offenses with a lot of movement and he is EXCELLENT on the break

Baron Davis + Rip Hamiliton = Rockets 2008-2009 Champions

how do we do it? maybe we finally just cut ties with tracy and yao? i mean it hasnt proven sucessful in the long run and they both are inconsistant right now and get injuried when they are consistant.

so lets say....

Tracy McGrady for Rip Hamilton and a draft pick...(if possible)

Yao Ming + Rafer Alston + Steve Francis for Baron Davis + Marcus Camby

we end with

Baron Davis
    Rip Hamilton
    Ron Artest
    Luis Scola
    Marcus Camby

i believe the extra movement by b-diddy and rip will produce A LOT more scoring than our stagnant tracy mcgrady watching offense...

but, thats just wishful thinking

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

New York Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -20.2 ppg, +1.0 rpg, and -4.8 apg.
    Incoming Players
    Steve Francis 6-3 PG / SG from Maryland
    No games yet played in 2008-2009
    Rafer Alston 6-2 PG from Frenso State 7.6 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 4.1 apg in 31.4 minutes
    Ming Yao 7-6 C from China (Foreign) 16.6 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 36.1 minutes

Outgoing Players
    David Lee 6-9 PF from Florida 10.2 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.2 apg in 29.3 minutes
    Nate Robinson 5-9 PG from Washington 15.0 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 4.3 apg in 28.0 minutes
    Jamal Crawford 6-5 SG / PG from Michigan 19.2 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 3.5 apg in 34.6 minutes
    Eddy Curry 6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)

L.A. Clippers Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +3.1 ppg, -3.7 rpg, and +0.8 apg.
    Incoming Players
    David Lee 6-9 PF from Florida 10.2 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.2 apg in 29.3 minutes
    Joey Dorsey 6-9 PF from Memphis 0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.5 minutes
    Luther Head 6-3 PG / SG from Illinois 6.0 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 0.5 apg in 13.9 minutes

Outgoing Players
    Chris Kaman 7-0 C from Central Michigan 13.1 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 1.9 apg in 36.1 minutes

Houston Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +17.1 ppg, +2.7 rpg, and +4.0 apg.
    Incoming Players
    Nate Robinson 5-9 PG from Washington 15.0 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 4.3 apg in 28.0 minutes
    Jamal Crawford 6-5 SG / PG from Michigan 19.2 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 3.5 apg in 34.6 minutes
    Eddy Curry 6-11 C from Thornwood (HS)
    Chris Kaman 7-0 C from Central Michigan 13.1 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 1.9 apg in 36.1 minutes

Outgoing Players
    Joey Dorsey 6-9 PF from Memphis 0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.5 minutes
    Luther Head 6-3 PG / SG from Illinois 6.0 ppg, 0.5 rpg, 0.5 apg in 13.9 minutes
    Steve Francis 6-3 PG / SG from Maryland
    Rafer Alston 6-2 PG from Frenso State 7.6 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 4.1 apg in 31.4 minutes
    Ming Yao 7-6 C from China (Foreign) 16.6 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 1.1 apg in 36.1 minutes

That would give us:
    5- Kaman, Curry
    4- Scola, Landry, Hayes
    3- Artest, Battier
    2- McGrady, Crawford (can slide to the 1 to guard the bigger pgs), Barry, Wafer
    1- Nate, Brooks

Our bench would be even stronger. Very good players overall - a deep 9/10 player rotation.

NY sells tickets and gear while unloading Curry. Yao can get back to a low post 1/2 court offense and slide Zach back over to a PF. Rafer goes back home.

Clippers have been rumored to wanting to trade Kaman. Is that what they are looking for (more PF depth, outside shooting and shorter contracts)?

13. BrooksBall

I was thinking that we won't win a title with a midget frontcourt. Hustle and determination can only get you so far. There are times where you simply need to be taller.

Do you think we can beat the Lakers in a 7-game series? Sure, we will get better during the course of the season. So will the Lakers.

We are one of the better teams and have a chance to do something big this year if we shore up some of our glaring weaknesses. Frontcourt size is a glaring weakness.

With our current team, if we face the Lakers in a series, over the course of multiple games, they will inevitably DOMINATE ON THE BOARDS just like they did the other night.

We can probably beat the Lakers once or twice with the current group if and when we get healthy but if we really want to be able to match up with them, we need to find a capable big that can play next to Yao as well as back him up. I would do this deal and then try to create cap space on top of it to sign Deke. Yao, Bargnani and Deke would be a nice trio of 7'ers.

If you don't like this deal, do you agree that we have to get bigger in the frontcourt?

If you do, what would you suggest we do to address this problem?

14. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

the Gray trade is the MOST realistic trade on here so far... although Im not sure Luther has that kind of value. My thought is that they only way we get a backup big man is via free agency.

Where did you here this?

and to the rest of the offers... use your brain :D

15. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

I dont even think this trade works on NBA Live or 2k. Thats just horrible. I would say we get away with highway robbery

16. BrooksBall

Speaking of using your brain, how does Head replace a PG like Harris? I haven't heard this rumor but it makes no sense for NJ.

And why does Chicago get rid of their only legit C for a midget combo guard?

17. stonecold999

stonecold999 Member

Wow, get a life !!! Nate Robinson and Aaron Brooks, shortest PG combo in the NBA EVER, Eddie Curry is completely useless, and you think Kaman is better than Yao Ming ??? OMG, please ban him, and you must not talk about Basketball for rest of your life....

18. RiceNinja29

RiceNinja29 Member

Tracy mcgrady, rafer alston, luther head for al jefferson and mike miller

19. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Tyrus can rebound and play some nice D, dude is still very young too.

After the trade we sign Damon Stoudamire

20. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

WTF is D'antoni going to do with Yao?

i think rockets should look to blazers for a trade.
    [​IMG]
    can replace przybilla for frye but i think blazers would want przybilla more.
    they want to move outlaw for when webster returns and make room for Batum.
    sergio's agent has stated he wants a trade.

rockets are going to have to move battier if they want a serviceable big. blazers need someone to guard the other teams top swingman (kobe) and head is just filler.
    rockets get a young swingman with promise. an ok backup in Frye and a young PG prospect with sergio.