1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2008-09

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

The offense is stagnat enough... Maggette is overpaid, and would be worse than Artest. While he gives us scoring.. Thats all we would get. Atleast Artest defends, rebounds, passes.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

You should lose your member status.

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I don't know how to post screen shots, but I just traded TMac, Yao, Artest, Rafer, Head, and Dorsey for Wade, Howard, and Paul plus filler.

So...

Paul, Brooks
    Wade, Wafer, Barry
    Battier, Landry
    Scola, Hayes
    Howard, Mutumbo

4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Me? lol

5. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

6. red96

red96 Member

(WARNIBG LONG POST)
    I think that HOU might be better off without a trade. If we do pull off a Artest,Landry,Head for VC we still wont be contenders with T-Mac in his current state. If Mac is really hurt having VC wont make T-Mac magicly healthy. If we dont make a trade this season I think we should try our best to resgin Ron and Von Wafer and trade T-Mac to CHI for Ben Gordon and Hinrich. Our lineup would look like this:

Hinrich,Alston/Brooks
    Artest, Gordon, Barry
    Battier, Von Wafer, Barry
    Scola, Landry, Hayes
    Yao, Dorsey/Hayes

We would be solid at every position and potentially have the best defensive starting lineup in the nba. We get a PG that we have needed for years. A PG that can catch'n shoot, hit the outside shot and play good defence with 2 good backups. Hinrich can also play some 2 if needed. At the SG/SF positions we would have combination of good offence and defence. When Gordon comes in he and Hinrich would just switch defensive assignments so Gordon's weekness(height,defence) wont be used agianst use. Gordon can also catch'n shoot and is a career .413 3pt shooter. We will still have our solid lineups at the PF/C. In 2010 Barry, Alston and Scola($11,125,000) come off the books. We could resign Scola to 7-8 million(or more) if we wanted to.

How can this all of this be done?
    1. First resign Ron. Ron makes $7,400,000 this year and he will want a raise(which is obvious) next year. But there are only a few teams with cap space next year and not many will want to take a chance on Ron(having his worst season in about 5-6 years and history a of problems). I should be able to sign Ron for (starting at) $10,500,000 for 4-5 years(a very reasonable salery for Ron). A 3 million raise for a player off a pretty bad year is (I think)enough to get him back.
    2. Resign Wafer starting at $2,500,000(reasonable) for 2-4 years. Von Wafer should be hungry for a contract after 5 teams in 4 years in the nba. If he leave's HOU who's to say he wont go back to "who is Von Wafer".
    3. Trade with CHI. Chicago sign Gordon at $8,500,000 and trade him and Hinrich($9,500,000 in 2009) for T-Mac. Last season Gordon wanted around at least 10 million a year but no one(including CHI) wanted to pay him that much. And this offseason he still wont get that much from CHI or any other team(especially this close to 2010). It doesnt seem like CHI will resign him to play for the Bulls nest year. Gordon makes $6,404,750 this year. +2 million (fair value)a year is close to the best he'll get this offseason. CHI gets out of paying (Hinrich) 9.5 million for 3 more years for a backup to D.Rose. CHI get Mac for next year and gets over 20 million of the books in 2010(they will also have L.Hughes expiring). CHI could sign the star Big Man they've need so badly.
    I like Tracy and have defended him because I really beleive he wants to win but he is just to injured to be T-Mac. I wish he could stay healthy and that we could win a championship with him. But there comes a time that we all must realize that we will never see the T-Mac of 05-06 ever agian. :(
    I think that if we can resign Artest we should cash in on Mac's expiring and make a deal like this one. Thoughts??? :confused:

7. red96

red96 Member

Please excuse my typos

8. R=$

R=$ Member

Incoming Players
    Thomas Gardner
    6-5 SG from Missouri
    1.6 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.0 apg in 4.5 minutes
    Mike Bibby
    6-2 PG from Arizona
    15.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 5.3 apg in 34.7 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Luther Head
    6-3 PG / SG from Illinois
    4.6 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 1.5 apg in 14.0 minutes
    Ron Artest
    6-7 SF from St. John's
    15.5 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 3.0 apg in 33.5 minutes
    Rafer Alston
    6-2 PG from Fresno State

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

9. GOAT

GOAT Member

here we go just resign Ron at end of season is all you have to do with this trade here.....in a perfect Rockets world this is trade that would help us this year...we would have to give up Landry still but it would be moving tracy instead of ron

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d8e8kd

so starting lineup

Rafer, Dooling, Barry
    Vince, Wafer, Barry, Hassell
    Shane, Ron, Hassell
    Scola, Boone, Hayes
    Yao, Boone, Deke

The Nets are getting 2 promising young atheletes back and contract expiring in 2010. The only thing is has Ron pushed himself out of Houston?

10. red96

red96 Member

Damn, was my idea to awful for a reply??? :confused:

11. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Thats one hell of a dream but you do know it takes 2 to make a trade. The maximum guys on a team is 15. I really hope you know that :D

12. JKillaD23

JKillaD23 Member

Sad that he is only doing 1 out of 3 right now and thats rebounding. He doesn't pass the ball and ooooh man his defense is just awful. I wonder what happened 2 him.

13. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Morey the Magician [Dream Thread]

Can Morey pull both Amar'e and Carter to Houston?

Can I dream please. Thanks

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No, stop dreaming.

15. yo

yo Contributing Member

Fitting moniker

16. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I dream of better threads than this

17. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Are you serious? You need to stop dreaming and stop your drug usage!

18. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

I think so! I'm gonna call this one.

Tracy for Vince. Amare OR Bosh for Artest + filler.

New post-deadline starters:
    Yao
    Amare
    Shane
    Vince
    Rafer :(

19. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

my dream acquisitions:
    baron davis + camby
    sessions + richard jefferson

20. jsmee2000