1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Do not agree with that at all. Clint top 10 at his position, Bogdan is not.

Plus Clint was part if Houston Big 3 challenging for West crown for years, Bogda is not even 4th best player on Kings that have been cellar dwellers for years..

2. HP3

HP3 Member

So like... Smart and filler...lol, and I guess wed have to find some way to get Noel.

Oh nvm about Hayward then haha. Ugh...Ainge, probably would be reluctant to give us anythign but Smart...cause I did hear that he really really likes Smart so even that would probably be tough for him.

Yea this makes sense, I guess all of this boils down to one question...How important is Capela to our success? Can someone just come in and fill his role.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Does anyone know when Brown is available?

Only way i'd trade Capela to Boston would be for him or Tatum. There is no way Tatum is available. Smart doesn't fit in here we have enough clunkers and t-rexes.

http://tradenba.com/trades/SyLO0gCcS

Romeo could be replaced with anyone making 1.5 million at this point.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm a huge Jaylen Brown fan but not at 4 years $107 million.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't think we can get Hayward at this point...unless we move Clint and PJ, but that's not happening i guess.

Smart and a protected 1st from Boston is my guess, would love to add a piece like Williams (unlikely since he has the potential to turn at least into Clint) or Ojeleye (more likely imo since he's probably the last on the list of their guards/wings) but eh...even if just Smart and a pick, that might still be worth it if we can find a cheaper version of Clint, which is a big if imo, Noel on paper fits, but we usually b**** about the fact the Clint gets outpowered by bigger centers, and Noel is smaller and lighter then him so, that might be a bit risky.

As for Clint, i think the chemistry he has with James is something you can't take for granted (see Clint and CP3 not having it), at times i read someone say "Clint only catches lobs, it's all on Harden bla bla" and i disagree with that, being a really good pick & roll big and understing your role are actually skills so, i think Clint is still important for us, but at the same time i'm ok with moving him in the right deal, i just don't think we should dump him or giving him away just because the team is not playing well since i don't think he's the reason for this bad start.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty sure he can't be traded this season since he got extended late. Regardless, Boston is not giving up Tatum (come on bro) or even Brown for Clint, hell, they would probably not even give up Smart and Robert Williams.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I literally said there is no way to get Tatum. I think Brown was extended by Boston knowing someone would be willing to trade for him. I believe because it was a rookie extension the trade rules are a bit more convoluted than what Eric did but you could be right in that the date it was signed makes him ineligible but I haven't seen one definitive source on that.

I would not entertain trading Capela for Smart at this juncture. I like Smart but he's just not a fit at the 3.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sorry, i somehow missed that part.

As for Brown i don't know for sure, but even if he would be tradable i don't think the Celtics would move him for Clint, more likely they would use him to get an all star caliber player.

As for Smart i agree that he wouldn't be a game changer for us, that's why i would make a similar trade only if we would also get back assets and find a good fit to replace Clint.

treyk3 likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea thats not happening.

Yea Noel is a bit of a question mark. I imagine of having that kind of chemistry with James isnt as easy as it looks at all. I totally agree. Yea, hopefully Morey is looking at it the same way, we should not make any trades out of desperation. Right now Clint is being scapegoated because tbh hes the only real trade piece we have. The real problem imo is that our switching scheme has gotten figured out....I would rather just go back to switch everything and live with it because this hybrid defense clearly cant work without high IQ defensive players.

Vivi likes this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I've thought about this and I've come with a solution that solves both the need to add a wing and the need to add a serviceable center all while dealing for Marcus Smart.

http://tradenba.com/trades/SkusvG0cr

Vivi likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Why do the Wolves want Marcus Smart?

D-rock likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd like that. I just wonder if/why would Minnesota give up Rob for Smart, i think they might do better than that although maybe not much better, it's just that they have Okojie, Culver, Graham, and still Wiggins so, unless they plan to play Smart as a pg (which isn't his spot) i don't know...

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

See, I actually see Smart as a 1/2. Kind of a short version of Draymond Green and someone who fits their timeline a little better. 25 v. 29. KAT is 23 and Wiggins 24.

We can't go overrating the Wolves just because they have played well for two weeks. It's a long season and last year they were a mess. They had one playoff year in about a decade and they are ran by Gersson Rosas who would never overrate a two week stretch.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with that and i think the Wolves are bound to end up in the lottery, in fact they actually said they know that's likely where they'll end up lol (i think it was the coach), but still, i'm not sure about Smart there, they already need to shed salary badly, adding the 12M of Smart to play him out of position doesn't look a great plan for them, imo at least.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

They would do that trade to get Hayward and maybe one of the teams eating Wiggins or Dieng's salary.

BOS: Capela, Wiggins
    MIN: Hayward, Clark
    HOU: Covington, Robert Williams, Keita Bates-Diop

Rockets could get FRP from Celtics as well.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

HP3 likes this.
  16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I would love to see us get John Collins from Atlanta. He's missing 1/3 of the season and Atlanta needs help badly in the middle. I'd even be willing to trade Capela, but would need more from Atlanta in value. Also, Atlanta has a difficult roster for matching purposes, so I don't even know how it would get done. They have Parsons, Evan Turner and Allen Crabbe making a combined 62 million, while the rest of the team is Vet minimums and Rookie contracts. I'm not even certain that suspended players can be traded.

Collins only makes 3 million and is under contract for 3 more years. He can jump high for those lobs, but he is also one of the better stretch 4/5's in the league. Rockets would take a hit for a few months while he's suspended, but would be a great fit once he's back. His value should be at an all time low right now.

Also, after looking at the Hawks roster, I think Nene for Len might be a decent swap too. I hate to see Nene go, but he's unplayable thanks to Silver. He could really stop some of their bleeding inside for the next few months until Collins comes back. He would also be a great locker room mentor for one of the youngest teams in the league. I'm not thrilled with Len, but he could be a similar fit to how Brooke Lopez was the Bucks last season.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Sacramento is one team that may be willing to to give up a first for Clint. The Kings front office has been making questionable decisions for years. If they would be willing to give up a first maybe we could transfer that to Toronto in a 3 team deal. Both Giles and Bogdan appear to headed out of Sacramento. 12/15 or later.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7244119

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7244121

The Kings 1st along with a Rockets second may entice the Raptors. Maybe they would have interest in Giles. The only way that i can see getting a replacement for Clint(Holmes) along with a high end role playing stretch 4/5(Serge) and a legit 3 & D SF(Anunoby) is by including PJ unfortunately. If Morey could pull something like this off, we get 3 rotational pieces that fit and play both ends for the price of 2.

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/20...n-5-ways-this-impacts-the-boston-celtics.html

basically we need $19,200,000 outgoing to hit Brown's number and on top of that The Celtics need to shed additional salary as he is $6 million outgoing so essentially $7.25 Million is the most money they can take on at that point so you have to account for the remaining $12 million in salary. It's a tough trade to make.

So Boston needs to trade Theis, Brown and an additional $600K for Capela alone and to take on Brown alone we need to send out $19.2 Million. Capela is $14.8 Million so we would have to come up with $4.4 Million in additional salary out going. That means we would have to find a home for our additional salary incoming and find a home for our additional salary outgoing.

Essentially barring a miracle, Brown isn't a real target this season.

#160 treyk3, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    D-rock and Vivi like this.