1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

FIFY.

mikol13 likes this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Good point on the contract. Hadn't factored that in.

saleem and Zoplicone like this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

That's reasonable.

I'm on to acceptance in my tilman era recovery.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This thread is sobering. It used to be fun for me to try to come with with at least plausible trade options with expiring salary / draft picks / players etc.

But with the LT issue and lack of assets and tradable salary it is poverty.

Corrosion, saleem, Nook and 2 others like this.
  5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Zach Lowe just said that Clippers could be trying to acquire Marcus Morris soon. Something like a Mo Harkless PPat and pick. Possibly Jerome Robinson.

Meanwhile we would be lucky to land Markieff. F**K

saleem, Vivi, Deuce and 1 other person like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Just my observations.

Westbrook isn’t being dealt.

If a trade is made involving a player making over $10,000,000 Tucker (not happening) or Capela (slight chance) are going out for the Rockets.

Danuel House does not have near the value Rocket fans think. If he is moved for anyone of value, he will only be a sweetener and it the main asset.

Morey has been put in a blindfold and one of his arms tied to back and been told to fight. Ownership has repeatedly made his job hard.

The Rockets will trade their 2020 draft pick, but will not trade their 2022 draft pick for “help”.

Most likely clutchfans will be disappointed when Morey fails to add a star player and there will be more b****ing about Harden being fat or limited, and how MDA cannot coach..... the Rockets will at best get out of round one of the playoffs and Tillman will convince many fans that Morey and MDA have to go (or Morey “reassigned”) while some Colangelo clone will just do whatever Ownership wants ... which will change every 3 months.

ilias, saleem, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

If only there had been a way for the Rockets to add Patterson and expiring salaries so they could get someone like Morris....

HP3, D-rock, Deuce and 1 other person like this.
  8. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Lol. You know that Jerry West and the Clippers wouldn't sit still. The Lakers won't either. I expect both teams to upgrade their rosters before the deadline. Its wide open this year. You may as well go for it.

Morris is a serious upgrade over Harkless/PPat. I hope this doesn't happen. I read somewhere that may may be targeting another 5 as well.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Westbrook for Horford / Richardson

Harden / Rivers / Clemmons
    RIchardson / Gordon / McLemore
    Tucker / House /
    Horford / Clark /
    Capela / Chandler / Harty

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

DING, DING, DING, DING

saleem likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think that is great, the Sixers would have even less shooting..... weakening themselves.

This is the Way.

This is the Process.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

To get Morris expiring with no bird rights (although i guess they might resign him with the MLE next summer anyway) they would really trade Pat, Harkless and pick, maybe even Robinson? That sound like a huge overpay to me, and i'm not sure why NY would take on Pat's contract tbh.

jch1911 and HP3 like this.
  13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It’s really not an overpay for the Clippers. First off, PPat is nothing. Neither is their pick considering Zubac and Shamet are young and they’re both included in their current rotation they don’t need to waste time on another prospect that probably won’t pan out. So basically Clippers are losing Harkless for Marcus. Marcus brings more size and a different element than Mo who is much more like PG and Kawhi than Marcus is. I’d do it for sure.

saleem and BaselineFade like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont think Harkless will be included, according to Clippers fans, Harkless has been one of their best defensive players.

jch1911 likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

To each his own i guess, Harkless played the 3/4 these past years just like Kawhi, PG but also Marcus, i'd argue that Harkless is a better defender (pretty sure he has a bigger wingspan too although i might be wrong), comparable shooter and younger so, i don't really know what's the point of moving him with a 1st rounder (even if it's just a 25th pick, you can get a good player there too) and Pat who's still their best/only good defensive pg, but that's just me.

HP3 likes this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Hahaha. I see the confusion. I said PPat. As in Patrick Patterson. Definitely not Pat Bev. Clips aren’t trading him. You may be right about Harkless, but including Patterson and a pick really means nothing to the Clippers if they believed a trade would improve them this season. Championship-thinking/planning.

Vivi likes this.
  17. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Spurs put their big 2 for sales in the market, now they are playing the real power.

18. xaos

xaos Member

I know it has been said, but if we trade Westbrook consider the Harden era over

CK Johnson likes this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Welp, i should've read better, my bad, i thought you were saying Beverley lol.

20. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Clippers seems want to sell lou Williams and Harrell