1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

With the way the team is structured and no contracts of any size that we would want to move , I think any additions are going to have to be players on rookie deals that can be matched with Nene and whatever other junk contracts we can attach.

We probably need to forget about anyone that's not on a vet min or rookie scale contract - or a buy out candidate.

All those big names being thrown out with 15-25m salaries , just scratch them off your list and move on.

Deuce, snowconeman22, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=srz2cjc

Mo Wagner would give us a young, legit stretch 5. He's shooting 39% on close to 3 attempts. 68% from 2, and 84% from the ft line. His EFG% is 65% which is 5th in the NBA. He is averaging 6 rebounds per game in just 20 minutes. He is not very athletic but he finishes everything around the rim. He's an energy and effort guy who also has an above average IQ. He fits our price range.

Morris is a known commodity. I like that he has upped his 3pt% to over 41% this year on 4 attempts. EFG 57%. He would bring shooting, size and toughness to our front court rotation. He also fits our price range.

Wagner may cost a 1st. Washington has a horrible front office so maybe Morey could offer something less and they bite. Same with Morris. Morey may have to work some magic with a couple of picks, but something like this would satisfy 2 specific needs. Back up stretch 5 in Wagner and back up 3/4/5 in Morris. Morris would probably play some stretch 5 here knowing MDA.

Westbrook/Rivers
    Harden/EG
    House/BMac
    PJ/Morris
    Clint/Wagner

10 deep with players that fit what we do, and players that MDA shouldn't mind playing.

3. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Who is Morris on the wizards?

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i don't like that either, but if you can get back Bogdanovic well...not sure that can happen, but if that's the case...

5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Pistons.

6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Glad this thread is no longer a sticky.

Remember when this thread would actually provide useful, hopeful discussion about REALISTIC possibilities that often panned out into reality?

Pepperidge farm remembers...

[​IMG]

7. Chamillionaire

I think @Nook mentioned T. Craig. He'd definitely be someone that could help us. He still does get some PT so not sure if he's even available. I'm sure Crowder could be had for Nene, filler, and a pick. Josh Jackson is intriguing, but seems like a knucklehead. Although I like Bruno, not sure if he would even be in the rotation.

Like every year that Morey's been here, I'm sure he'll get someone none of us thought of.

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I mean. That’s just opinion. If it’s not doable is one thing, but to think trading House for Bertans and Bogdinavic isn’t an improvement then we’re overrating House. Rest aren’t rotation players.

EDIT: Nevermind. You were just talking about the Bertans move. My bad.

9. OmenXYZ

OmenXYZ Member

__

#449 OmenXYZ, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  10. OmenXYZ

OmenXYZ Member

__

#450 OmenXYZ, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'd happily take Bogdan Bogdanovic... but Kings aren't trading him for Danuel House, even if the salaries matched.

JamalP. and D-rock like this.
  12. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure if the Rockets would bite on that one. That's giving up a lot, for a decent return. Ariza isn't the same player from a couple of years ago. This is basically swapping our front court for theirs. Do you think that we would be better?

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Maybe, but does that make the Rockets better? Doesn't seem to.

Then consider, when healthy:
    Fox, Hield, House, Tucker, Capela, Bagely, Barnes, Bjelica, Joseph. That's a good team, lol.

I think you could get a great asset from the Kings if you took Barnes while providing some return. Cause Barnes is overpaid.

But the Rockets don't have the contracts to match on stuff like that. Part of the problem this year.

If you say, ABSENT a clear improvement by way of a legit player back, you aren't moving: Harden, Russ, Tucker and Capela... and you can't move EG. They could trade basically EVERYONE else, including Nene post 1/14/20, and it would be like $18 million of total salary. Which is the core problem this year.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You guys are wasting your team with the trade machine working on Westbrook trades.

MrSabotage, jch1911, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not as fun as speculating on realistic options, but suit yourself.

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think the trade machine and trading in NBA 2K has been therapeutic for many in the Tilman era.

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Maybe not, but I don’t think it’s because Bogdanovic can net much more than that considering he may just be a couple months rental.
    I would assume House is worth more than a late first rounder considering he’s also locked up for the next 2 and a half years.
    The only reason I’d say it wouldn’t work is because Kings are getting another forward. They will have Barnes Belijca Bagley Ariza Giles and Bogdanovic. So Bogdanovic will most likely have to go unless they’d prefer to trade Bjelica. Mirotić netted 2 second round picks last year. House is definitely worth Bogdanovic on the trade market. Just not sure it’s worth it in Sac’s roster.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It's interesting. One could think that. But then I think about how it just makes me MORE UPSET about moves that MIGHT be able to be made if they didn't have the Tilman restrictions. The more you think about it, the angrier I get.

Nook likes this.