1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

Pistons would like to trade Reggie Jackson plus a first rounder. He is making 17.0 million, 15 ppg 5 assts in 28 minutes.
    17m is overpaid. Do u like first rounder?

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Please add a source,if you don't have a link.

3. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

I really love the idea of Jaylen. Would hope that EG (dont get me wrong i love the guy) and a couple first would do it and that Ainge could use those first in a package with Hayward.

Probs not a reality but Jaylen would be high on my trade board.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/01/scottos-latest-bazemore-porter-holiday-dieng.html

•Any team that trades for Hawks forward Kent Bazemore should prepare to pay him beyond this season, according to Michael Scotto of The Athletic. Scotto shares a few rumors in a column on New Year’s resolutions for all 30 teams, including a report that Bazemore is leaning toward exercising his $19.27MM player option for next year.

That would represent a modest raise for the 29-year-old, who is making a little more than $18MM this season. Bazemore, who is sidelined with a right ankle sprain that will keep him out for at least two weeks, is one of the most popular names on the trade market, with the Rockets among the teams already expressing interest in acquiring him.

•After losing out on the Jimmy Butler sweepstakes, the Rockets have continued to search for a defensive-minded wing who can hit 3-pointers. Among the players they called about is Justin Holiday, who is averaging 11.8 PPG with the Bulls and ranks eighth in the league in made threes with 96. Holiday has an expiring $4.4MM deal, so he would be a low-cost option for any contender. Houston is also looking for a rim protector to back up Clint Capela.

mikol13 likes this.
  5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Bazemore and Holiday both medium bum. Holiday contract is no bum though.

6. Fungus_Amongus

How about Willie Reed? Nene is old and injury prone. Moreover, he is unplayable against the GSW. Hartenstein is unplayable at all. Last season Rockets had Tarik Black and he played quite a lot of minutes despite low level of his play. Also Houston had Mbah a Moute, who played center in small lineups. What will Rockets do if Capela get hurt? Nene can't play more than 20 minutes per game. I think Willie Reed is best possibly option. He played well last season with Clippers, but Montrezl played even better. In Blake Griffin trade LAC needed to absorb Boban's salary. This is why they traded Reed to Pistons. And then was domestic violence incident and 6 games suspension. I think it is main reason why he is not in the NBA now. He was selected with the first overall pick in the G-League draft and he plays very well https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/r/reedwi01d.html
    He is definetly better than last year's Tarik Black.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Houston trades: Knight/Nene/Chriss/Melo/2019 FRP
    Houston receives: Crabbe/Holiday/Davis

Brooklyn trades: Crabbe/Davis
    Brooklyn receives: Parker/Melo

Chicago trades: Parker/Holiday
    Chicago receives: Knight/Nene/Chriss/2019 FRP

We do it to get more shooting, depth and an elite rebounder in Davis. All at basically the cost of a single draft pick. I can live with that if it means cutting the dead weight and giving us more playable bodies.

Brooklyn does it to get Parker’s essentially expiring contract. This will help make their free agent aspirations this summer a reality.

Chicago does it to get rid of Parker and get something to show for free-agent-to-be Holiday.

fattz and steddinotayto like this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm not a fan of taking back another year of Crabbe and Chicago might want more for Holiday than just a pupu platter and a 1st but it looks realistic for all teams.

baller4life315 likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Those of you who have mentioned Markieff Morris (@Nook). I wonder how serious his issue is.

Nook likes this.
  10. BigBum

BigBum Member

Bazemore is overpaid by 6M a year. McCaw 3M would have cost GS 14.3 million dollars.
    Tilman is unlikely to overpay any other players except Paul and Knight.
    There are about 20 expiring contracts with the range 11-19 million dollars. There is no reason Morey can't get any of them now.

#810 BigBum, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

12. Nook

Nook Member

As of yesterday he was still considered day to day.

Deuce likes this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Couldn't find a trade partner. Melo and MCW are done? retired?
    Teams are unlikely to give them PT.

Keep Knight, need to trade Gordon.
    Keep Gordon, need to trade Knight.

15. BigBum

BigBum Member

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Still think we should be looking at Marc Gasol. (too add to Capela, not replace him)

38% 3 point shooter, good rebounder, great defender at the most important defensive position.

Memphis is going nowhere and is currently out of the playoffs.

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don’t see why Memphis would give him to us and take back Knight. Also he doesn’t want to come off the bench. Doesn’t seem like a realistic target.

Corrosion and luckyman76 like this.
  18. BigBum

BigBum Member

No team in the west would take Knight before the trade deadline.
    Big markets don't take Knight either.

19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I don't like the news on Morris and don't want to mess around with someone with back issues, constant personal experience. Gasol doesn't work for me either for the reasons you mentioned. I like Ed Davis and some of the other options out of Atlanta, Charlotte, and a few other teams. We are not trading for Butler, Kawhi, Beal, Porter etc so some of the lunacy should go out the window as well as the costs. I think there are 3 and 4 way deals out there that allow us to jettison Knight, Chriss, Melo, MCW and include Nene and get back some good rotation pieces and be able to use the rest of the MLE on others bought out. When we get rid of the dead weight and have CP3 and Gordon back we should have the best back court and just need a backup for Capela and a wing or two.

20. BigBum

BigBum Member

trade Knight, Chriss, Melo, MCW.
    The sooner, the better. There is no reason to hold out the trade like this.
    The asking price would be much higher on the trade deadline.

"fake rumors" are saying that Philly and Boston want Draymond Green.

Heat have a better package for Ryan Anderson in summer: Kelly Onlnyk and Elington for Anderson.