1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random doorbell ringing at 1 in the morning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joeyyungrocks, Apr 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

I just had someone ringing the door bell then my mom went and turned on the lights. We have slighty frosted windows and she walked in front and the guy said that he had the wrong house. He walked by into his car and he drove off, then afterwards another car drove off.
    Its weird because I have my car parked outside. If they were trying to see if anyone was home.
    The 2 cars were a grey sedan with big rims and a black sedan. I don't know if anyone else has had this happen before. Just called the police they will be patrolling around my area. This was in Kingwood.

I don't know if that was the correct thing to do and has this ever happened to you guys?

2. LANIMIRC

LANIMIRC Member

don't want to scare you, but years ago a dude knocked on my door, we answered and he told us he had the wrong house and he was looking to pick up his kid. he turned away and walked down the street. didn't look like he was looking to pick up any kid.

two days later our house got robbed. keep an eye out is all im saying. probably want to lock up/move some expensive items out for awhile.

long story short, if he was wearing a hoodie, you should've shot him. :toosoon?:

1 person likes this.
  3. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

Couple of years ago, I had two black guys in my neighborhood dressed in all black in a do-rag ringing doorbells and passing B.S. pizza flyers on everyone houses in the middle of the day to see if they were home... luckily, I was home and turned out my neighbors house next to me got broken into, but just before they were about to escape, they were caught and held at gun point by my neighbors across the street because they were the same black guys who robbed their house...

Since then I installed discreet security cameras outside my house just to be safe.

4. faraza84

faraza84 Member

A few days ago I was going home to drop something off so I didn't park in the garage and parked in front of my place. As I was walking I heard honking. But I thought it was just someone honking at a driver but then I realize that's a guy in a red truck honking at me and then he gets Out of the car and the black guys like "excuse me". I ask him what's this about and he stumbles and can't come up with anything and then he says Internet design. And I say I'm not interested in a pissed off tone and then he just leaves and when I get in I check from my windows if he's going door to door but he immediately left. Now it may seem normal but that was shady as hell. I should have reported it because there have been a lot of robberies going on over here. I guess it's better to be safe. I'm concerned because it could have been my mom that day. Hopefully it's just a weird salesperson but my gut tells me otherwise. Back to the op. ya don't open the door late.

One of my friends opened the door in mid day to some black guys selling stuff and they attacked him and robbed his house. He's a big strong guy too. Just keep a watchful eye on your surroundings

5. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

Sounds like you all live in fear. What a terrible way to live.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Be on your toes man, burglars do this kind of shet to figure out you schedule, to look at how many people is in the house, what kind of people is in the house etc.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I came home from school and this black guy borrowed a screwdriver from our neighbor, then he came over to our house and jimmied the door open. My mom came home and found him sitting on a recliner, eating a peanut butter sandwich and watching Inside Edition. Oh wait a minute, that was me.

2 people like this.
  8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Maybe follow him to his car and take down the license plates?

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yep, most likely a burglar scoping your house.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I can't believe people can live/sleep in a house where they must be alert to be secure.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

On this note, now that you know they're targeting you, you might want to consider putting those "This house is protected by ABC Alarms Security Systems" signs in front of your house, or actually install one, or put up a beware of dog sign or actually get a vicious dog or something.

12. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Yea thats what I am afraid of people scoping our house the problem is that there were 2 cars and they only stopped at my house, there was a house in front and behind me, so if they were scoping why would they only scope my house?? and why so late at night?

13. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Call your local Sheriff and tell them the info and they might start doing random patrols. I had similar situation but luckily my Pops caught them creeping by on multiple occasions and reported it to local Sheriff's office.

14. conquistador#11

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TbSm6HsX_ek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm also thinking you should report it or redirect to the clutchfans firearms thread. =)

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Gotta suck living in these insecurities at night. I've had my car broken into a couple of times.

My advice is to gate your whole house or surround your house with deep water. Do both for extra protection.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Last July I was working at a bank in Clear Lake. It was around 9:30am and we were really slow so I was just browsing the web as my co-worker and supervisor were in the first teller window just talking. All of a sudden they both have their hands up moving back slowly. Not knowing what was going on because each teller window is sperated with a small little wall thing, I look over to see two masked men running in with guns and point it an inch from my head. They took a banker with a gun to his back to the vault and needless to say they robbed us. Everything seemed pretty normal some of the girls were a bit shaken up. I thought I was ok I mean it happened so fast.

About a month later, I'm getting home around 1am and as I'm pulling in to the driveway I notice a car I've never seen before across the street with 5 guys all standing outside. I'm walking to my front just terrified but also staring them to see if they looked familiar. It was too dark on side of the street so I really couldn't get a good look. I have never had such a hard time putting my key in the lock before in my life. I was so nervous. All of a sudden I started to remember the robbery. I kept looking out the window and they were still there just standing outside. I called the sheriff and I guess he patrolled the area but I ended up falling asleep. Ever since that night I can't seem to sleep right if I hear the slightest noise outside or if my dog sometimes hears something she'll start barking. Who knows what those guys were up to, luckily I didn't get to find out that night.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I want a Moat! Wth Alligators in it!

Rocket River
    unfortunately River Dragons aren't real

1 person likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sounds like they are casing your house for a robbery.

Those ADT signs are a great deterent, get an alarm, you can also get those security camera's that are fake but have a red light on them to look like they are recording.

Theives would rather take the easy mark and will avoid houses that are alarmed or seemingly are alarmed.

DD

19. VanityHalfBlack

Don't Answer the door!!!! Get a dog!!!! A loud barking dog!!!!!

20. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

why is your mom answering the door at 1am in the morning?