1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ramona Shelburne: Rockets/Knicks working on deal for Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spoolxx, Jun 28, 2017.

1. malakas

malakas Member

lol sorry. In my language saying "fck it" is like a simple damn. No big deal even kids use it.

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Nothing would make me happier than sharking both LA and NY franchise players in a single day.

yixiixiy, htownrox1, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  3. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

If somehow this happens, I'm hoping the change of scenery along with Paul and Beard bring out the best in him.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Three things:

1.) All it takes is one team.
    2.) The teams mentioned by Lowe weren't asked by Morey, so they probably weren't a fit anyway -- so of course they'd want more to take on a player they didn't want.
    3.) No negotiator starts with the final deal they'd accept. You start high. If asked abstractly by a writer, why not say you'd want two 1sts?

I agree it's unlikely that the Knicks see Anderson as a positive asset, but I'm not willing to run with this "it'll take two 1sts to move him!" narrative based on an offhand remark by Zach Lowe buried by a column, all citing GMs who apparently weren't even in discussions to take him in the first place.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but no way we get Porzingis

Fyreball and justtxyank like this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I would love to **** the Utah J!zz franchise too by adding Gordon Hayward

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

team's didn't want to use their cap space to absorb ryno's contract. this is different. this is a team over the cap, no way to add decent talent. no FA's that are good enough to be borderline starters like ryno want to go there. they're losing their star player and just want to fill out the roster with nba talent. the knicks and hawks are in the same situation. either would accept ryno rather than lose their star for nothing and not be able to replace that roster spot in a borderline starter.

big difference between "please absorb this 60M contract" and "here's an nba player to help stop the bleeding after losing your best player."

i'm not saying they won't want a pick... but it won't take 2 picks just for them to take the contract before we talk about paying for melo or millsap. i'm saying its possible for ryno+NG contracts+pick(s) to be traded for melo or millsap.

8. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Knicks playing hardball. We may need to sweeten the deal and add the coveted Tim Quarterman

Pat, treyk3, steddinotayto and 5 others like this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

:eek:

11. eslate22

eslate22 Member

can't we just use the greatest player in nba history to entice the knicks to buy him out or trade him to us?

[​IMG]

12. jayfree

jayfree Member

Ariza is staying put. Paul and Ariza played well together in NO years back and could have been one of the conditions of Chris Paul coming here. Capela also needs to stay put. We have no center at all and he is a huge factor for us (especially to have Nene rest during the season again). Anderson can go alongside a 1st rounder in 2020 if need be.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I do not want Melo, he's a selfish loser and on top of that his history with MDA scares me.

Little Bit, B-Bob and Bobbythegreat like this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah but what if Ariza and Capela could get you Karl-Anthony Towns and Jimmy Butler.

Chris Paul
    James Harden
    Jimmy Butler
    jayfree
    Karl-Anthony Towns

Yes you could even play with them and beat the Warriors. Who says No?

15. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I wanna punch this cunt in her ugly ass face!

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Is that a man?

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

On positive note, he is good friends with Chris Paul, and both of them played well together with Team USA. Chris Paul will make things better for Melo and Mike D'Antoni.

18. Pete the Cheat

You chivalrous scoundrel

19. jayfree

jayfree Member

If we traded the whole entire bench for that and it was only us 5 players, I'd still see zero minutes :)

20. dream2franchise

Dude...