1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ramona Shelburne: Rockets/Knicks working on deal for Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spoolxx, Jun 28, 2017.

1. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Melo is coming here. I'm pretty dang sure of it. Morey isn't going to get CP3 and not fulfill his request of getting Melo.

Hui, bilaal14, Fulgore and 1 other person like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Zach Lowe.

Kings didn't want him "for free".

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Terrible news....

4. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I'd love to get Melo...I can see him being a great fit...I'd just highly prefer not to absorb his Knicks' Salary.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, called it few days ago in the "cost of Anderson" thread...nobody will take that contract to help you unless you also give up assets. I would not have been shocked if a team wanted him, but i knew it was a long shot, it's just a meh contract, if not bad.

malakas likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Oh, well I would understand them not wanting him for free, I don't think any team would just take him without receiving zero compensation

requesting 2 1st rounders for Ryno sounds a little ridiculous tho, it's not like he's Joakim Noah...maybe they felt they had leverage since we really want to get rid of that contract

7. Ratman

Ratman Member

I'd Be interested in Kyle o Quinn too if the knicks were dumb enough.... great shot blocker that he's eh minutes off the bench there and can grab some boards...he's on a cheap contract too. They were looking to move him at the trade deadline

kwakmeister and malakas like this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm actually not white; please don't get racial on me.

BigMaloe and malakas like this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd do Anderson for Melo

IF

MDA is okay with it, Harden is okay with in, and CP3 is okay with it. Melo is significant upgrade over Anderson, can't go wrong with that trade. I'd be very reluctant to trade Ariza unless they plan on throw in other players / assets.

JayGoogle and malakas like this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty much...

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

ryno + NG's = max contract (in incoming salaries allowed in trade)

ego + ariza = max contract (in incoming salaries allowed in trade)

one goes for melo, the other for millsap.

MLE for illyasova, james johnson, or patterson (I prefer johnson for his defense and assist numbers)
    LLE for nick young (we heard the rockets want him)
    vet min for wade (after a buyout), nene, felton (who played best under MDA and with cp3)

final roster:

capela-nene
    millsap-johnson
    melo-young
    harden-wade
    cp3-felton

very tough for the warriors to compete with that. we can take them to 6 or 7... and at that point its about who gets hot, who sprains an ankle etc...

not saying its likely... just saying its possible because of staying above the cap rather than going below.

#211 smoothie, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    azndino2005 likes this.
  12. malakas

malakas Member

I don't think that needs to be said to be honest.
    If they have problems with it Morey wouldn't do it anyway.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Ariza is NOT going...someone else mentioned that Paul wanted Ariza around.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hell no to Ariza, we need some other decent players around these 3. I'd like to think Ariza and Capela are going nowhere...and if we can add Melo AND keep Ego as well and just have Melo play that PF spot that Ryno used to play then that's great news.

Bring back Nene, use that MLE on another big or PG....i dunno, I really like that team. I also think Draymond has no chance at guarding a motivated and rejuvenated Melo.

I'm down for Melo if MDA is. If he isn't then Morey should stop this right now.

15. malakas

malakas Member

it's not ridiculous. First of all our 1st are very low. Secondly the cap has gone down, and there are very few teams with 20 million available in capspace.
    And third and most important, you would ask those teams, to take on Anderson at the start of free agency. They wouldn't have the chance to explore FA on their own and sign someone coz they would have to pay anderson.

No Chance likes this.
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If it's going to be Melo, I hope it happens asap. We need to get that guy into the gym, will take a few months for him to get into acceptable shape. At least we know we're good at that.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Double post

#217 Vivi, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Trading for Melo and taking the contract means bye bye to LeBron banana boat pipe dream unless you plan on screwing over Harden and trading him for Lebron. I don't think even Morey is that cold blooded.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, someone will have to try to guard Durant, if not George, Ariza is the man, Melo might be ok to guard Green or Iguodala...

malakas likes this.
  20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

lol I think Millsap got married recently. He's from Atl. I'm sure he's seen a lot over there too. Haha