1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ramona Shelboure: Giannis to Warriors in 2021 is a real possibility

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Rokman

Rokman Member

Can anyone tell me the difference between a real possibility and a fake possibility? Is it just in sports that there are REAL possibilities? Just wondering.

malakas, ROXTXIA and peleincubus like this.
  2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

A real championship contender now has to deal with this BS.

da_juice likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

So predictable.

I am sure Ramona and Brian went on a three hour lunch ordering fast food from all the local LA joints.... while making up rumors and jamming saturated fat down each others throats while listening to Sex and Candy on the radio.

da_juice likes this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

Might be time to increase the PT for all 3 here.

Nook likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

fckbandwagons likes this.
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hell, CNN even linked this story on its website. I include the name of the link, not the link itself; why fall for click-bait?
    Report: Warriors 'the big threat' to land MVP Giannis

Rokman likes this.
  8. Rokman

Rokman Member

Genius removing the link. Don't want anyone feeding the monster. On those stories people click (walk in) and immediately turn around and walk out because there is literally nothing there to read. Just a bunch of empty "could...", "would...", "should...", "wouldn't it be.."

9. malakas

malakas Member

Except from him sharing an agent with Curry there's no other connection.

He has said many times that he hates big cities so he will now go to SF?
    He has shown that he wants to be the man of the team, and he will go join another player's team?

I don't think even himself knows where he will sign 2 years in the future, but Ramona the clairvoyant does. wow

10. MystikArkitect

I have enjoyed watching ESPN descend into irrelevancy.

Sajan, da_juice and Richie_Rich like this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

How Ramona sees Windhorst
    [​IMG]

How Windhorst sees Ramona
    [​IMG]

fckbandwagons likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

ESPN does this kind of thing...

I think it's kind of slick. The rumor comes out of nowhere because that's where it came from, out of nowhere. They are trying to speak it into existence, let him know that it can be done so that maybe someone close to him, or maybe he himself, can think a bit more about it.

I'm pretty sure this is what they do because when the Pelicans got that first pick you started to hear (Right from ESPN) that Zion could go back to college or force his way to the Knicks. This came from nowhere and was almost immediately shot down. I remember when it was first mentioned though you could see the analyst just pull it out of thin air "You know he could just threaten to go back if he doesn't want to play for the Pelicans!" and then they just ran with it.

I feel like that's going on here, they are throwing out the idea and hoping Giannis bites.

fckbandwagons, Sajan and da_juice like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree, I think if Giannis does want to play for a bigger city the Knicks make a lot of sense.

They have some young pieces and thanks to their moves will literally be sitting on all of the cap space 2021. Their entire FA this year was basically giving up on KD and kicking the wheel down to the 2021 FA class. I pointed this out in FA and some people here were saying how wrong I was and how dumb they are but it is clearly a calculated move. They clearly think KD is damaged goods and not worth the risk and just decided to be more patient, there was nothing at all wrong with their move, KDs injury is a serious one.

Their problem is they have to be attractive to him, they have to atleast sneak into the playoffs or their young guys like Barrett and Randle have to show off.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  14. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Yeah I don't understand why so many posters on this board always go for the low effort attack the OP for trying to discuss a topic on a "discussion" board? I usually just ignore that kind of nonsense reply because we all come here to present ideas and speak what's on our mind about basketball, not to be shot down by knee-jerk reactionaries and naysayers.

Now as far as the Knicks and Giannis are concerned, a lot of people think they need to have a strong playoff-ready team for Giannis to consider them. However, as recent history has shown with LeBron and Kawhi going to LA, a big market team doesn't need a juggernaut roster to pull in a superstar.

What's important is having draft picks and young assets to make a trade for another superstar like Anthony Davis or Paul George. The Knicks have plenty of that including; Barrett, Randle, Ntilikina, Smith Jr. Knox, Robinson, plus at least 2 more lottery picks from now until 2021.

That should be plenty for Scott Perry to leverage and build a contender around Giannis if he decides to come to New York. Most likely scenario, the Knicks go with Giannis, Barrett (if he develops into his potential), and a third superstar acquired via all the draft picks and assets.

Now, whoever thinks the Knicks are just going to sit around and not contend in the weak Eastern Conference, is plain foolish. Even with a bad owner like Dolan as a huge negative, the Knicks still have the right personnel in place with GM Scott Perry and coach David Fizdale to become a success and that's all that matters in the NBA.

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are right, they don't even need to be playoff ready.

They have the assets and cap space to assemble three stars in NYK, all they have to do is convince whoever they are going with that if they are patient through the FA process that they can get it done.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Giannis isn't going any where. He seems like the loyal type

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

Should we still play this upcoming season?
    I propose we hand Giannis another MVP and Clippers the title now...and skip this season.

Like really..who the fk cares about 2021?!?!?!?!

Do current contracts not matter anymore? He is not a free agent right now. STFU. GEEZ.

Rokman likes this.
  19. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

It’s just click bait and you idiots took it.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The Freak is staying in Milwaukee. She's just making sh#t up