1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rajon Rondo vs Goran Dragic vs Kyle Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bizzyboi, Apr 7, 2012.

?

Rondo vs Dragic vs Lowry

1. Rajon Rondo

33 vote(s)
    42.3%
  2. Goran Dragic

37 vote(s)
    47.4%
  3. Kyle Lowry

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. bizzyboi

bizzyboi Member

Who gets the nod here? Do not consider contracts or their future team, just production and positive effect on his respective team when they are playing at their normal level.

2. JCole

JCole Member

can we stop with this poll's pls?
    is getting annoying....
    Dragic #1

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Floor? Rondo/Lowry too close to call. They're more of sure things. Ceiling? Dragic. I think he can become almost a Nash-level PG on offense, with good D as well.

4. houstunnin

houstunnin Member

As a REAL PG..sorry RONDO...dude easy double-double to him dats nothin..do that in 2 quaters and getting better at shooting but i dont know hard to tell...I still take Gragic/Lowry.

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

The proven All-Star gets the nod you big bunch of homers.

6. mazinger

mazinger Member

Rondo needs good players to be effective. He's only a creator and plays very good defense. Not really a go to scorer.

Dragic needs the ball to be effective and is more of a score first pass 2nd combo guard. He does pass the ball but usually after he can't get a shot.

Lowry is the most balanced of all 3. Plays good defense, does not need to ball to be effective and creates for everyone else first and shoot 2nd. He can also score when he wants to and can go to him for scoring.

I'll take Lowry .

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

So what if he has proven he can be an All-Star alongside three future HOFers?

I'm sure both of our PGs would be All-Stars if they played with those guys.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Rondo is one of the more overrated players in the league, his numbers are inflated by playing with three all stars beside him in the starting lineup, and he can't shoot for sh**. Very good player, but not as good as people think, and he's basically as good now as he's ever gonna be. His assist numbers would plummet on a team without the Boston big three, he would still put up solid stats but he'd be waving goodbye to a lot of those triple doubles.

9. rolyat93

The only edge Lowry has is he's a better shooter. Rondo is a better ball handler and passer, and people need to stop using that "he's only effective with good players around him" excuse. He's playing with 3 washed-up stars and he routinely sets up beautiful assists to bench guys like Stiemsma and Bradley. He's more athletic and taller than Lowry as well so he can guard more positions which makes him a ton more versatile on defense. He also shoots at a higher clip because he doesn't settle for that outside jumper as much, 45% for a PG is pretty darn good. I'll take those extra 4 assists over the extra 4 points.
    [​IMG]

10. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

The bolded is called a "straw man argument". Please stop doing it. Rondo is a very good player, and he'd be "effective" on any team. That doesn't change the simple, obvious fact that his stats are definitely inflated by playing alongside three future HoFers.

12. mazinger

mazinger Member

You think the Rocekts would be better with him than Lowry or Dragic? Yeah, that's what I thought.

13. rolyat93

It's not a "Straw man" if he said it himself, I didn't just pull that out of thin air.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Well, then he gave you a straw man argument to use. It's a stupid thing to say, but it doesn't mean Rondo is better than Lowry/Dragic.

15. rolyat93

Do you think the Celtics would be better with Lowry over Rondo?
    It's about fit, I was just saying that I think Rondo is better than Lowry.

16. rolyat93

That's true, but do you really think that Rondo isn't the best player on that team? He was absolutely the weak link before but I think that he's really proven himself and the rest of the Big 3 has taken a step back. Just my opinion though.

17. mazinger

mazinger Member

Yes they would be better. They'd be the team to beat in the east. Rondo is their weakest link.

18. rolyat93

Are you serious? Lol, Rondo is their best player, the only player on that team that's elite at his position. I'm not going to argue with you though, you obviously don't watch the Celtics.

19. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

come on... i love my rockets but it's gotta be rondo

20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

rondo would make this team better.