1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafael Palmeiro suspended 10 games

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Real Shady, Aug 1, 2005.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

LOL@ King Cheetah! :D

Was that a real or a doctored picture?

Nice!

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

who's a mother effin hall of famer now?

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

who's a mother effin hall of famer now?

4. fya

fya Member

Life's a biach, eh raffy?

5. thech0senone

thech0senone Contributing Member

LOL no wonder he was hitting .345 for the month of July!

6. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I am a Yankee fan, but Palmero getting caught in using steroid makes me wonder how Jason Giambi turned around this quickly in such a short time. Look at Jason's number, he had .198 AVG and total 5 HRs before July but he hit .389, 14HRs last month and looked like a totally different player. Did he use steroid again? I hope not!!!

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Well at least the MLB finally got a big name in this testing, shows they have gotten tough, or at least according to themelves.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

______
    Sorry, i'll stop now...

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i guess if we want to go along those lines it makes you wonder about giambi too. my friend and i were watching the game yesterday and noticed how he did look bigger than at the start of the season. also, it doesn't take long for steroids to kick in either.

10. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Palmero is an idiot. And a classless one for banging Ryne Sandberg's wife leading to his messy divorce and early retirement.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Giambi was also sick.

12. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Plus, there is still no test for growth hormones

13. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Although Giambi could be using steroids also, he isnt 40 years old and he use to be a pretty good player before he started using steroids so its possible that he regained the confidence he lost after he stoped using roids.

14. Bruce

Bruce Member

Why does the name tag in front of Raffy say Mark McGwire?

15. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

hey, guess who i just added to my fantasy team yesterday (yesterday!) to replace the injured torii hunter?

looks like it's on to raul ibanez now.

man, raffy really didn't need this with all the hall of fame talk going on. hell, he couldn't have timed it worse. if he actually was still taking, how stupid do you have to be to do that. cruise into your twilight with your 500+ homers and get off the roids and make the Hall. getting caught is about as bad as it could be for him. far worse than just not being good any more.

16. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I think McGwire was sitting next to him and because of the angle the picture was taking from it kind of looks like it is in front of him.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Is anyone surprised??? Really???

We all KNEW this crap. Maybe we didn't know for sure Palmeiro was using...but we all knew this stuff was going on in pretty big shares. I can't say I'm SHOCKED. Maybe a bit surprised given his testimony before Congress...but absent that, I would definitely not be surprised at this revelation.

But I'm not willing to write off a 15 year span of baseball. In the past it was players popping "uppers" to get an edge. Pitchers cheating like crazy. Corked bats. I will never believe that Barry Bonds was NOT the greatest player I ever saw. He was. Whether or not he was juicing or not. I don't know FOR SURE everyone who was or was not juicing. I'll never know for certain.

My bet is that in the end, Palmerio will still hit the HOF. As will McGwire...Sosa...and others who slugged in this era.

18. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

I mention Bonds because I believe that he uses/used steroids. I feel that the initial congressional hearing and BALCO scandal scared the crap out of him, that’s why he is milking an arthroscopic surgery that has a prognosis for recovery of 2-3 weeks before normal activity can be performed and 2-3 months before returning to sporting activities.

Above all else the fact that a notable player and (prior to today’s announcement) a future HOFer has been caught and suspended for steroid use I feel this will further delay Barry’s return, because he knows he can’t perform at the level he wants without juicing. And by seeing someone of Palmiero’s stature fall from grace and may have just signed his death certificate keeping him out of the Hall of Fame, will Barry decide to comeback at all knowing that baseball is not afraid to go after the game’s bigger fishes.

19. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

As Jim Rome has said before about baseball, "If your not cheating, then your not trying."

20. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Tell that to your kids.