1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafael Nadal is gay?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by coolweather, Sep 9, 2009.

1. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/blog/bu...an-storms-court-after-Nadal-vi?urn=ten,188317

;) :p ;) :p

A kiss for Rafa: Man storms court after Nadal victory
    By Chris Chase

Ladies (and gentlemen), take note: Rafael Nadal will not spurn your advances, no matter how bold they may be.

Last night, after the six-time Grand Slam champ defeated Gael Monfils in a thrilling four-setter at the U.S. Open, a man rushed the court to give Nadal a hug and a kiss. Before security could react, the fan hugged the unsuspecting, shirtless Nadal before being dragged away.

Initially surprised, Nadal had a broad smile on his face during the brief encounter. When security personnel began to lead the man into custody, Nadal initially tried to stop them saying "it's OK" as the man was blowing kisses and making "you're No. 1" motions with his hands.

Ever cool, Nadal went immediately back to packing his tennis bag before standing for a post-match interview. Afterward he said of the incident:

(Watch the video of the press conference here. Rafa's remarks about the fan come near the 3:30 mark.)

The security guard in the picture reacted as soon as the intruder jumped over the wall, but she wasn't able to get to him before he reached Nadal.

The incident was similar to one in the French Open final when a men dressed in Swiss colors and holding the flag of the Barcelona soccer team stormed the court to try and put a hat on Roger Federer. What we wrote at the time holds true today:

In the same way that banning bottles of water on airplanes after 9/11 didn't make air travel any safer, stationing an extra guy in a yellow shirt behind the line judge didn't protect tennis players all that much more. Streakers still pop up during Wimbledon matches, after all.

If a spectator wants to get on the court, no amount of security is going to stop that person. Unless tennis wants to go the soccer route and put up fences and moats to keep fans away, dealing with idiots running on the court is going to be an occupational hazard. Hopefully, the worst thing they'll try to do is put on a hat on Roger Federer.

Or, in this case, steal a kiss from Rafa Nadal.

Update: The man who stormed the court will be charged with tresspassing and faces possible jail time if convicted. Noam Aorta, 23, could get one year in prison and a $5,000 for rushing the court.

District Attorney Richard Brown said the fact that Aorta made contact with Nadal was "particularly disturbing". As we all know from the Plaxico Burress case, New York DAs mean business. I shudder to think at how much jail time Aorta would be facing if he had only hugged himself.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

He's European. They do that kind of stuff.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Suppose it was a female tennis player, and some female fan jumped down, kissed her, and said she loved her. Suppose the female tennis player has no problem with it.

Is gay?

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

no, but it's pretty hot though.

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

The OP is obviously kidding.

This is how lame rumors start though.

6. aghast

aghast Member

Is gay? Momentarily, perhaps.

Can I imagine it like I did when I was an adolescent: Anna Kournikova, stumbling in on a coked-up Martina Hingis in the locker room? With color commentary by Cliff Drysdale and "The Fiery" Fred Stolle?

Cause I always liked that supposition.

7. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

I love you durvas.

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

OMG! He's sooo gay.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

10. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

When I was growing up gay meant lame.

[​IMG]

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I dunno.

Chicks kissing chicks just doesnt do all that much for me.

12. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

see, now THAT is gay ;)

13. aghast

aghast Member

You might want to re-examine your entirely academic interest in certain Thai hot spots, then.

Not a judgment, just a suggestion.

14. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I dont see what you're suggesting.
    :confused:

15. aghast

aghast Member

I just thought it was mildly amusing that on the same day you post a thread about (other peoples') hypothetical attractions to transsexuals, you also reveal that lesbians don't do it for you, given that most self-identified heterosexual men are attracted to lesbians.

From an old article on female sexuality that I for some reason bookmarked, NY Times Magazine: "What Do Women Want?":
    I apologize: not a big deal, either way. Given the stupidity of the negative stigmas associated with such discussions, I shouldn't have said anything, even jokingly. As with all things, whatever floats your boat.

I posted a thread a month or two back about people who make sweet, sweet love to their pillowcases. Doesn't mean I'm a secret pillow fetishist. (Actually, it probably does, but for the moment let's ignore that.)

16. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Hey, it's summer. People suppose be horny.

1 person likes this.