1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Radio host : Rondo to Kings 80% done

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HTown5933, Aug 18, 2014.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rondo is a grass is greener on the other side player, he just looks awesome because he's an all star pg in the East. You know who else was an all star pg? Louise Williams, that dude became an all-star without the help of KG, Pierce and Allen.

Fact is,pgs who cant take over a game offensively are overrated. Sure Rondo is a good defender, but if I wanted defense I'll get someone like Tony Allen. He's just not worth his contract IMHO, dude is coming of surgery and might already be injury prone, just like D Rose his game is all about athleticism because he has a broken J.

2. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

I agree. Rondo can't shoot!

3. spysta

spysta Member

Rondo, Gay, Cousins

THE medium THREE!!!

Rondo could turn the franchise or he can do nothing lol

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Neither can Rudy Gary

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

They are getting a defensive and facilitating star for the inconsistent McLemore and the mediocre Derrick Williams.

Sac is gonna be a hell of a lot better this year.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe McLemore is better than I think he is, but he hasn't impressed me with the limited action I've seen from him.

Johnson and Jones plus the Pellies pick should be enough if the rumored trade is enough as well.

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Talent wise, it certainly makes them better. Hard to imagine Rondo and Cousins hard heads together, but talent wise, I think it gives them a formidable trio. In fact, I think their trio kind of looks like ours, albeit not as good.

Top big man, good but not great wing player, and a star guard. They have different skill sets, but I actually kind of like the fit they have. Not sure about their bench, but I could seem them winning 40 games or more this year.

The West is going to be tooooough this season. I don't know if we'll win 54 games again, but not because we lost Parsons, but because teams in the West have only gotten better.

8. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

You ready to start dmo at PF?

9. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

That would leave our frontcourt depth so shaky

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

McLemore hasn't played a game. He's a #16 pick in a strong draft. The Pellies pick is a early-to-mid-teens pick in a less-strong draft. Whether McLemore has impressed anyone or not, I don't see how he can worth anything appreciably different from the Pellies pick, except that he's able to play now (which can be good or bad, depending on team plans).

But yeah, we can throw other things on if we wanted. And so could Sac. It's probably just a question of how much each wants Rondo. I have to think the Rockets don't want him much, or we'd have seen more movement.

11. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Lol the Celtics may be worse than Philly if they did that trade:

Marcus Smart/Pressey
    Avery Bradley/McClemore/James Young/MarcusThornton
    Jeff Green/Evan Turner/Gerald Wallace
    Jared Sullinger/Derrick Williams/Brandon Bass
    Kelly Olynyk/Faverani/Tyler Zeller

That team is chaotic.

12. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

If this is even true it would have to include one, maybe multiple first rounders. Neither of these guys are even quality starters. Ainge would have to be an idiot to think this is the best offer he can get for Rondo.

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Before I comment ....want to be 100% you're ref. me?

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If we have Rondo, yes. But I doubt that if DMo ends up being our starting 4 if we trade Jones. Hell, we might even trade him instead of or with Jones.

I'd say it's already shaky. Jones is our only decent 4 at the moment, until I see otherwise from DMo/Adrian this season. Rondo is a difference maker though.

Huh? He played pretty much every game last season and started most games. He averaged like 9 ppg on a ****ty Kings team. The kid's got potential, but no way is he as good as Jones at this point. And Jones is only one year older.

The Rockets may or may not have their sights set on someone else, but I find it hard to believe that Morey wouldn't trade for rondo in a heartbeat.

15. Moleb

Moleb Member

Do you not beleive it because you emotionally feel you want rondo for Houston?

Rondo is a pass first point guard, he'll fit in.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

There, or here?

17. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Mclemore was picked in 2013, guy. Not a strong draft. Maybe the weakest ever.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Over/under on number of games before one teammate beats the crap out of another?

They might win a ton of games with the right coach, but I wouldn't want to have to spend time in that locker room. Adding Rondo for that team would be like adding a lit match to a pile of dynamite.

19. Lightsnowaction

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Nah, take a pass... :grin: