1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Radical Racist Terrorism] Man Stabs 2 After Berating Muslim Women

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MystikArkitect, May 27, 2017.

1. MystikArkitect

[​IMG]

mtbrays and jo mama like this.
  2. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Trump made the courageous choice in denouncing the attack 3 days later.

No Worries likes this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

guy was a wackjob Bernie supporter who hated all religions

if he's all you got to draw moral equivalence with Islamic terrorism, you got nothin

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

This guy was a neo-nazi. Since when were Nazis "radical christian extremists"?

I thought Nazism was a theory of racial hierarchy, where norhtern Europeans reigned supreme, incorporated with Hitler's political beliefs. I could be wrong, so could you clarify?

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Hitler was a Christian, albeit a anti-Catholic Christian.

6. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Stand corrected, the white house twitter account made a statement (which means some staffers made it).
    Trump himself has been oddly quiet about the attack.

No Worries likes this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think the Nazis are relevant here, but if you want clarity: Nazism's doctrine of ethnic purity sought to maintain and aggrandize native German culture which included Christianity (as well as the pre-Christian religions of northern Europe). Hitler's own religious life was complicated, but he wanted a country of traditional god-fearing German Christians.

I suppose the killer in this story has a similar attitude. He thinks Islam is foreign to American culture, and he wants Muslims to leave so America can be pure. Don't know if he even believes in God at all, but ideologies that espouse racial homogeneity also espouse cultural homogeneity. In the US context, the only acceptable religion of that culture in that construct would be protestant christianity. You don't need to be christian to hate non-christians.

No Worries likes this.
  8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I think the point here is that there are some misguided opinions on the matter of Islam and how it relates to terrorism - as seen by NoWorries' post. That is, I of course assume his words were meant to mimic Donald Trump's use of and condemnation for the lack there-of, the term "radical Islamic extremist" - all in an effort to seem witty.

And yes, I'm sure Goebbels and Hitler would be very proud of Hollywood's current depictions of Norse god's and mythology in major cinematic action flicks and television shows.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The radical Trumpist terrorist speaks:

Yeah, I love the freedom to be stabbed to death. MAGA.

10. TheresTheDagger

You do realize this guy was really more of a supporter of Bernie Sanders right?

Also, he didn't vote for Trump...

As a matter of fact, in January he was threatening anyone who voted for Clinton OR Trump

Maybe before using a tragedy as an other tired excuse for bashing Trump, next time take a little time to do some research first eh?

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i love how the right loved too blame obama for BLM and any cop getting killed but Trump gets a free pass.

And our right-wing friends wonder why they aren't taken seriously

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not sure if you watch Hannity but this was essentially the framework given the other night to debate this topic.

At the end of the day who has stoked more hate for Muslims and brown skin people in the US? Bernie or Trump? Who called for a ban on Muslims? Who has the leader of the Alt-Right saluting and saying "Hail Trump" at the end of white supremacy rallies? You don't see Richard Spencer shouting "Hail Bernie". You don't see Steve Bannon on Bernies staff.

Does that mean that you the Trump supporter are also white supremacists? Does that mean there was not one single racist supporter of Bernie... Of course not. All I want to see is Trump realize his words matter to draw a line and condone violent acts a little stronger. His voters need to do the same and the good Trump supporters need to hold him more accountable to stoking racial tensions.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You are correct in that the President needs to stand up to wrong doings and denounce them. Yes, Trump needs to stand up to the Alt-Right who continues to use his name for their cause just as Obama should have stood up to the violent black rioters during his term. Both presidents are guilty of turning a blind eye and both are encouraging this behavior by intentionally naively spreading the flames of hate.

However having a fear of Islam is not the same as racism. Do you want to know what perpetuates this fear? Its not Trump. Its the wave of Islamic extremist mass killings from all over the globe blasting our headlines weekly. Its an epidemic. You dont contain an epidemic by pointing out the obvious non-sick people all while ignore the sick people.

The frustrating part of Muslims are their apathetic attitude to the problem. They do little to stop it outside of claiming Islam is the religion of peace and they are not violent people. This of course is perpetuated by their politics being completely dominated by their religion instead of law. Until the Middle East has a secular government, we will continue to have these problems. So yes Leftists, please continue to by sympathetic towards Muslims and continue your disdain toward Christians. While the Christians are fighting your beliefs in the legal systems, let the Muslims battle your beliefs with mass killing on innocent civilians.

Astrodome likes this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You're likely right that Islamic terrorism is the big driver for the Islamophobic violence. I would say, though, that Americans have done a decent job of keeping the discipline of blaming jihadis and not lumping all Muslims into the enemy bucket, in no small part because of the leadership of George Bush and Barack Obama. That discipline seems to be crumbling a bit as alt-right gains traction and as Trump manages to win the election despite/because he abandoned this orthodoxy. Now with him President, people who didn't really buy this 'politically correct' approach to Islam and the War on Terror have more license to speak their minds (or, in my view, to indulge the worst part of themselves) without facing the pressure of public disapproval. So I don't really blame Trump for Islamophobia as much as I see him as an exacerbating factor in a vicious cycle, and I see his election as a significant milestone in the descent toward conflict with Islam.

CometsWin likes this.
  15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Fair enough. Let us all agree that prejudice based on religion or appearance can be murderous, no matter who it comes from. Trump is not responsible: hatred of Muslims and people who seem foreign kills people everyday.

Now it your turn: denounce prejudice--by anyone--against Muslims, other religions, and people who do not look American. It kills.

16. dobro1229

Trump certainly didn't start racism, white supremacy, or even islamaphobia. However.... he's the current embodiment and face of a very dark side of America whether he wants it, or frankly even deserves it. Its a pop culture thing at this point, and he's in the driver seat as the most powerful man in the world.

Also the fact that you equated "Black rioters" with alt-right white supremacist sort of tells me where your heads at. But that's a separate argument for another day.

Islamaphobia in the US is considered the #1 or #2 issue with Republicans because of the fear component and the religious component. Its scary sure, but its supposed to be. That's kind of the point in the word "Terror". However you are more likely in the US to get killed by a toddler with a handgun or getting struck by lightening. That's a fact even though alternative facts from right wing media might make you think there are terrorist tanks outside your neighborhood right now with a bazooka pointed at your house. I think you guys need to ask yourself why right wing media (and frankly left wing media is terrible about over covering terrorism too) obviously wants you to be afraid... very afraid. Why is that?

Yes... Terrorism is terrifying because its senseless, you would never see it coming, and its terrifying that religion of any type could lead to something this terrible. However go look up how many people die each day due to cancer. Then look up how many die due to terrorism.

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

As I said, he should be speaking out against it regardless. That said, its not a pop culture thing. It is largely contained to those who follow the ideology. The vast majority of Americans are against this behavior. We only hear about it now because the media is giving them attention. Otherwise, they had always existed as much as they do now.
    That said, are you stating the riots in the Obama administration were not based on racial issues?

Yes... Terrorism is terrifying because its senseless, you would never see it coming, and its terrifying that religion of any type could lead to something this terrible. However go look up how many people die each day due to cancer. Then look up how many die due to terrorism.[/QUOTE]

You're being disingenuous. You're comparing radical terrorism to toddlers wielding guns, lighting strikes and cancer? All while you keep bring up white supremacist being a 'pop culture' thing. Go back and read what you actually said. You are downplaying Islamic terrorism as if its just a blip of a problem on the world scale. Yes, there are actually ISIS terrorist pointing RPG's at peoples homes ... maybe not in America (thanks to gun control), but yes it happens. You're too busy trying to twist your statistics to fit your narrative. (Yes, I found your ridiculous chart showing american deaths). Stop moving the goal post. We are talking about Islamic extremist motives for killing, not whether the killer was an immigrant/citizen, happened in the US/Europe, or whether they were part of a cell or self motivated.

18. dobro1229

Of course I don't think White Supremacy is a Pop Culture thing. Come on now. Its pure evil.

Where I said Trump is a "pop culture thing" with islamaphobia and racism in 2017 is because of how we idea share via social media etc. Associations are just part of it. He's in the global conversation now anywhere you go, and anytime racism, etc. is brought up. Its a fact of life now and if you are are Republican who thinks that's not part of the global conversation you are living on another planet.

So what exactly are you wanting to argue now again. I can't for the life of me understand end accomplishments for any of the defensive positions some of you guys push against. What is it you are actually trying to accomplish here? Make me scared to walk out the door? I don't get it.

If you want to fight the Islamic Extremism ideology then go for it so do I. But how are you actually going to accomplish that? By b****ing at me... someone who wants the same thing but just isn't petrified to walk out the front door? I am more afraid of cancer, and my child's safety around the house with household items that might hurt us. Doesn't mean that I don't think Islamic terrorism isn't important. I just realize the everyday dangers I need to prioritize in my life. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I may have jumped the gun by declaring Trump shouldn't be held responsible for this early on, but the more I hear about this wack-job the more I think he would have done something similar even if Hillary was elected.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Is America responsible for Americans?