1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racist Liberals Go After Mitch McConnell's Asian Wife

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Feb 27, 2013.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Awful. Racism has no place in America. Racist liberals must be called out.

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/02/38656-ignorant-racist-liberals-go-after-mitch-mcconnells-wife/

Progress Kentucky, a LIBERAL Super PAC, has stepped over the line and entered themselves into a world in which they will likely wish they never even thought about in the first place. Why? Because they are racist fools that are about to receive so much bad press that even the future careers of individuals working there may stumble.

By MSNBC’s standards, Republicans are racist because they want to slow the growth of government dependency. You know, because the idea of balancing budgets to maintain financial solvency is really racially oriented, right?

Progress Kentucky, on the other hand, is racist because they are trying to make the race of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s wife an issue in his bid for re-election in 2014.

I promise you I am not making this up: they are trying to say that Sen. McConnell is making policy decisions about trade with China based on the fact that his wife is of Chinese heritage, claiming she has excessive influence over him. Check out their disgusting tweets their explicit ignorance:
    [​IMG]

FYI, McConnell’s wife, Elaine Chao, is the daughter of Taiwanese immigrants. (Note to Progress Kentucky: What is referred to as Taiwan and the People’s Republic of China are separate nations, but you wouldn’t know that while typing out racist tweets, would you?) She served as the US Secretary of Labor under George W. Bush from 2001 to 2009.

So, did Progress Kentucky apologize for the tweets? Ha.

A spokesman for the group, Curtis Morrison, sought to downplay the tweet in a comment to WFPL.

“It’s not an official statement. It’s a Tweet. And we will remove it if it’s wrong … People make mistakes in Tweets. It happens. Inferring that Elaine Chao is not a U.S. citizen was not our intention,” Morrison told the radio station.

McConnell’s campaign spokesman Jesse Benton released a statement:

“Secretary Chao and her family are shining examples of the American Dream: salt-of-the-earth folks who escaped oppression, came here with nothing, joined our great melting pot, worked exceptionally hard to build a thriving business, and then dedicated so much of their lives to giving back,” Benton said in a statement.

“It is unconscionable that anyone would use blatant race-baiting for political again. Progress Kentucky should be ashamed of themselves. We hope all Americans can agree that these disgusting tactics have no place in American politics as we try to bring people together to solve our difficult problems,” he added.

Even ultra-liberal ThinkProgress.org is calling them out! They noted that “[there] are a number of reasons why jobs in the United States have been outsourced, from inevitable globalization forces to corporate tax breaks that reward shipping jobs overseas. McConnell’s wife’s ancestry is not one of them.” They even go further to note that “there are also legitimate reasons to criticize Chao’s tenure as Labor Secretary; her heritage has nothing to do with them.”

Excuse my head for exploding, but you know it’s bad when liberals are calling a liberal group racist.

Doubling down on the move, ThinkProgress.org points out that Progress Kentucky released a second statement saying:

“Senator Mitch McConnell has a conflict of interest that many are afraid to talk about, and Progress Kentucky is not,” the group said.

Unbelievable, but I guess not so much for a group whose stated objective is not prosperity or greater equality, but this: “The Single Most Important Thing We Want To Achieve: Electing a new US Senator to represent Kentucky.”

If you want to email them and tell them you think they are racist, CLICK HERE, and make sure you SHARE this article about these racist liberals!

UPDATE:

Progress Kentucky also went after McConnell’s sexual orientation for some reason? Via BuzzFeed…

A Kentucky progressive group accused Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of being gay in a pair of tweets.

In two tweets, both of which have since been deleted, Progress Kentucky accused McConnell of being gay, including calling the Senate’s top Republican “a gay-bashing gay senator.”

Both tweets link to a PRNewswire release from blogger Mike Rogers, who has long sought to try and out Republican members of Congress. While one of the tweets simply retweeted the release, a second tweet read “Is @McConnellPress a gay-bashing gay senator?”

Laughable.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think we all know what is laughable here...

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I can't believe someone married Mitch McConnell

4. bigtexxx

The first two liberals to respond do not denounce the racism shown by the liberals, but they rather make a joke and attack McConnell.

nuff said

5. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I find the fact that they went after the fact that he married an Asian woman as a means of attack insensitive. And ROC and PROC are run by different governments. That said, they're both Chinese. Just like NK and SK are both Koreans.

6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I know it is tough for you big biz GOPers to be tied to the hip with your racist wing. Good try.

You pwned yourself by including:
    Also as noted a tweet by one member of a KY group immediately retracted pales in comparison with GOP racism.

7. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Yawn, tryingtoohard poster is trying too hard.

8. bigtexxx

So you're willing to let racism against Asians slide? Silent acceptance perpetuates racism...

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You make even less sense than a Royce White tweet.

You must have ten-foot arms, because you....are....really.....

REEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAACHING

One dumbass somewhere made a dumbass comment and naturally you use it, as Republicans are wont to do, to deflect attention from your own racism ("I have no problem with the blacks"---bigtexxx).

And yet for all your ability (1) as a creative typist and, as you gleefully point out, (2) to make lots of money (for which the rest of us, of course, are so very envious because it's the only real measure of human worth, right?) you don't have the education to understand that you've only managed to put the mirror on yourself, not on others.

You remind me of a relative's explanation as to why he disliked MLK Jr.: "Because he's a racist."

"Bigtexxx, look at my thumb." (pop!) "Gee, you're dumb."

----Eric Stratton, "Animal House"

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Thanks for the heads up bigtexxxxxxx - I'm going to reach out to my sources in order to thoroughly investigate the Mitch Mao-Connell connection to make sure everything is on the level.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I think Ted Cruz should look into it. This issue seems to be in his wheelhouse.

2 people like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

This is below the belt and disgusting. It is simply unacceptable and liberals should denounce such behavior. However, unfortunately this pales in comparison to the atrocities perpetrated by the Republicans. Therefore, those that are seriously concerned about racist behavior should vote against the Republicans but also denounce racist behavior from either party.

Texxx, thank you for posting this thread. We should stand up against this behavior.

13. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Need more facts.

I detect bias from the author.

14. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

This isn't a partisan issue.

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Toasting in a texxx bread.

16. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Obviously idiocy is not limited to one party. They should know better, but to be honest, I had never heard of "Progress Kentucky" before they said something this stupid. Maybe they're going with the "Any publicity is good publicity" theory, which obviously doesn't hold true in this case.

Wonder where they got that idea. Glad that it's only "Progress Kentucky" saying something like this, and not the Senate Minority Leader.

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

As a liberal, I denounce this.

Happy?

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Good suggestion - he is positively en fuego on this issue recently.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No basso rayciss in this thread yet? Hmmm...

20. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

The concern in this thread is touching.