1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Racine Journal Times] Rumor: Landry to Milwaukee for Villanueva?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJNICK, Dec 26, 2008.

1. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Landry is my favorite player on this team, this better not be true...

2. God's Son

God's Son Member

so we add another lethargic player to an already lazy lethargic team and take one of very few high energy and efficient guys off the squad for a very poor mans lamar odom who is a small forward in a power forward body and cant play D or hustle worth a damn

if this happens then rox are clearly givin up on season and lookin to the future cause villanueva aint no 'right now' player

3. tofu--

tofu-- Member

that's an absolutely horrible and disgusting trade. if morey did that he would earn massive fail points.

4. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I like landry just as much as the next person but having charlie would help this team BIG time. I really believe he would excel in the Rockets system

5. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

This is a good trade in that Charlie V has lots of upside. But, I'd be concerned cuz he has a history of not working hard and not playing hard... paired with Tracy, we'd have the softest two players in the league.

If he puts it all together though, we'd be getting a steal.

6. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

Oh well I guess this trade fixed our backup center problem at least...

7. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

howabout Jason Alexander for Landry

8. MD_in_Training

You don't have upside if you've been in the league for 5 years and haven't done anything. You're just a bust.

9. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Rockets will be the most unathletic team in the league if this goes through...
    We trade a super efficient and 1 monster for a chucker that shoots like Alston. No thanks..

10. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

11. archinkent

archinkent Member

having him here will reduce the team's amount of hair by 50%. no thanks

12. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Jermaine O'Neal comes to mind.

But, seriously, he's been in the league for three years, and is younger than Landry. He has time to put it together.

13. The Brian

The Brian Member

wow, everyone hates this trade but i'm open to it.

i don't exactly love it but i can see where this trade can help.

landry is great energy off the bench and is slowly developing a nice jumper but some of you guys are really overrating him.

14. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

I LOVE IT!

15. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

If this is true, this would be Morey's first terrible move and it might haunt us forever. Landry is a beast. Landry has a freaking 18.5 PER and is second in the league in offensive rating behind Chris Paul.

16. jcheung1017

jcheung1017 Member

I like how reliable the source is, i will trade "Landy" anyday haha. But on a serious note, if we were able to get Mihm and Villaneueva for Landry and Head. I would do it because of Landry's knee history. It is also a plus to get rid of Head, because he is expiring this year anyways and we have to decide what to do with him after this year anyways. We then would have more size in the front court and can possibly sign a veteran guard as our 14th man.

17. Tornadoofsoul6

Eyebrows...

18. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Landry for Donyell Marshall part deux? No thanks.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No. Jason Alexander has been unable to even get on the floor for them. He looks like a tweener 3/4 to me. Landry is far better than him IMO.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's not even close to being a bust....he's only had about 20 mins a game for his whole career (4 seasons)...averaging 12 and 6 during that time, shooting 30% from 3 and 80%+ from FT. He's averaging almost a block this year. In toronto he had a really good rookie year, but i think since he's been in milwaukee he hasn't had the coaching or players around him to keep growing. Look at the talent the Bucks have had the last few years and yet they can't put together a decent season in a weak eastern conference. 10 of their 15 players are forwards (C/F and G/F included). They don't know what they're doing and they are overloading the forward spots, which keeps guys from growing and improving.