1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racial Hysteria Triumphs on Campus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yet again you run away from the facts when it turns out your attack is full of b.s.

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

As you know very well, we have seen a lot of this on college campuses across the country over the last few years. It is clear and solid pattern and practice of behavior that is being driven by a bizarre expectation of extraordinary accommodation and coddling by a generation of severely dysfunctional college students, and also the administrators of many of these universities, who are enabling and nurturing these totally unsustainable expectations.

All of this is being conducted under the guise of the Democrat left's "political correctness" agenda, which among leftists around the world clearly appears to hold precedence over all laws, national constitutions, national security and local police security, and literally anything else for that matter. This agenda is apparently the top guiding principle for leftists these days, above and beyond anything and everything else.

Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and leftist Democrats all apparently agree. The proof is in the pudding.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you want to play a game? Let's see who can gather up more articles between Muslim American experiencing racism/bigotry vs college students being but hurt.

If they are about the same, would you then conclude that there is a systemic problem of racists/bigots in the U.S. targeting Muslims.

We can play this game with any notion where you perceive there is no systemic problem. We can play a game of finding articles of black people being mistreated by LE vs 'ultra pc' college kids.

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Sure. But to play the game fairly, we need to compare how the Muslims are being treated to how Christians are being treated, instead of college students. Since Islam and Christianity are both religions, that is the appropriate apples to apples comparison.

I presume we are just talking about here in this country.

So if you want to look at mosques being vandalized, we will also of course want to look at churches being vandalized. If you want to look at Muslims being harassed and antagonized because of their religious beliefs, we will also want to examine instances of Christians being harassed and antagonized because of their religious beliefs (such as the owners of Memories Pizza in Indiana last year about this time).

Still up for it? I suspect not. But rest assured that the vast majority of this sort of bigotry, racism, thuggery, harassment and bullying is coming from the Democrat left. By vast I would certainly expect that to be over 80% and very possibly in excess of 90%.

I provided video evidence of one such episode just a few posts back, with quite a few others also being contained here in this very thread. I have no doubt if you come up with any similar evidence, you will be sure to let us know. But I cannot recall you have posted any such evidence anytime recently.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes, I am actually. You are also entirely missing the point of the exercise. The point is to show how individual articles do not reflect a systemic problem. If you honestly believe that white people on college campuses around the nation are in fear of minorities expressing their distaste of white privilege by physically assaulting them is a common systemic problem from a few incidents, that's your problem.

Did you notice how I explicitly stated that I don't believe Muslim Americans are being ill-treated except a relatively small amount of incidents which I do not attribute to a systemic problem.

You believing that Christians are being persecuted in the United States systemically is your own crazy illusion that requires an entirely separate debate.

My whole point is that I can push any narrative I want by posting one off articles of individual incidents. I can create a narrative that Christians love picketing military funerals playing your game.

#425 fchowd0311, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The point of this thread is to discuss how racial hysteria and the "political correctness" agenda are triumphing on college campuses, with all the shockingly negative incidents and trends that are emanating from that. As you know quite well, there is a very clear pattern and practice of this sort of outrageous conduct, and also the expectations that under-gird all of that, all of which is being proactively supported and promoted by the Obama regime and the Democrat left, and the leftists over in Europe as well. Much to the harm of hundreds of millions of people both here in this country and across the EU.

If you have some other point or "exercise" that you would like to illustrate or focus on, feel free to start a thread that does that. You are not welcome to hijack this one.

As far as what I believe, if you want to know, you can ask me. If it seems appropriate, I will answer in the manner of my choosing. But when you presume to take it upon yourself to know what I think beyond directly quoting what I have stated here on this board, you are talking out your tail pipe, as you have illustrated quite excellently in your post above.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

This is the problem with people like you. When a white person beats the crap out of a black person, it's the black person's fault and it's minor. When a black person grabs a white kid's arm and acts like a fool, it's because of Obama.

So stupid.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Here is a black guy dissecting and commenting about this incident.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lzBYNnHzfBU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The girl in this video would do well to listen to this and adjust her attitude and behavior accordingly.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm honestly completely befuddled about your belief system here. I don't mean this as condescension at all, but more like an acknowledgement that we're on two ships passing in the night and I have no understanding at all of your perspective. What I'm reading here is that Democrats and Leftists generally have an agenda. The agenda apparently is widely agreed to across the world and dearly held on to above all other things. We can see as evidence that Obama, Clinton, and the Democrats are in on it (how they show it, I'm not sure; and I can't tell if they are perpetrators, victims, or both). This agenda is called political correctness. Political correctness sounds like it means something very ominous and evil to you, even though I understand political correctness as a very toothless thing myself. But, I'm not really sure what you understand political correctness to entail or why it takes such an evil aspect. I take it people are being oppressed. Maybe, it's like mind control where people are forced to believe certain things, except there's some group of people (whom we call conservatives) who perhaps have some immunity, who still have some level of free thought though they aren't allowed to say everything they think because of the oppression by the people under the political correctness spell. And maybe -- I'm extrapolating here -- maybe I can't see how pernicious this political correctness is because I am one of its victims. Is this what being brainwashed feels like? Anyway, I'm not trying to strawman. I honestly don't understand the worldview, and I thought it might help to play it back the way it sounds to me.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Well, this whole thread chronicles quite a few examples of this agenda as it is being rolled out on college campuses. There are also a great many other threads and posts here in this forum that discuss the Democrat left's political correctness agenda from other perspectives, such as the war on terror.

I don't see any point in rehashing all this again. Go back to the first post of this thread and start reading. Or search this forum on the term 'political correctness'. Or google the term 'political correctness'. If you are really interested in learning more about this topic, it is incredibly easy to do, especially starting from within a thread like this one that has already documented a great deal about this topic.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Interesting how this right wing story only appears in the form of this "video". No news reports, simply the video and all the right wing blog sites, facebook and reddit repostings.

Its getting increasingly difficult to take anything that the right wing presents seriously.

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Are you suggesting what we saw in that video didn't happen?

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't want you to rehash. I've been reading along as this thread progresses. I guess I've seen the examples you refer to of students strongly objecting to the free expressions of others, condemning views they don't agree with, and trying to shield themselves from dissenting views. The parts I have not had clarity on from this thread are:

1. Is this some giant cabal? Who crafted this agenda? Or is this just people expressing their own views?
    2. While the students in some of these examples might be really dumb and might be totally in the wrong, what's so dangerous about it? Am I wrong to perceive this as the complaints of an ideological minority about being in the minority?

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am questioning the veracity of this so-called event.

[​IMG]

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Random provocative video clip with no reporting? Sounds like something we should get worked up about. Sigh.

Good questions, JV. I too am confused by the fear.

Campuses actually have a sexual assault issue, but let's instead worry about an uppity person being a jerk and grabbing an arm.

16. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

90% of bigotry from the Marxist left you say?

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/hate-crime/2013/topic-pages/victims/victims_final

You want to trade anecdotes? I've got plenty.

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It was uploaded yesterday. It might take a while before any true investigative reporting publishes through credible media. I don't have much reason to doubt the video from face value, though.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Regardless why is this so important compared to all the violence and hate speech / intimidation that is directed at minority groups and women???

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So it sounds like you are saying there is either no such thing as 'political correctness' or if it does exist, it is so trivial as to be irrelevant. In other words, nothing to see here, please move along.

[​IMG]

So you don't understand what is being talked about here. That's your story and you are sticking to it.

As is not uncommonly the case, your comments about this are not believable.

20. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Hey Mojoman,

Why are you trivializing the vast majority of hate crimes and bigotry by claiming leftist Marxists are responsible for 90% of incidents, especially the ~30% or so motivated solely by hatred of racial minorities? Did you make that up on the spot?

Are you aware that the FBI keeps detailed statistics on the number of single-bias hate crime incidents in the United States and that you will be called out on your bulls**t every single time by the facts?