1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rachel Nichols: Any end sight for James Harden's scoring surge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

SVG with that knock kneed Kenny Smith level analysis

if it were that easy to stop Harden, then teams would do it

hakeem94, Zboy, Blurr#7 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Pierce gets it. Stan tried to peddle that "they don't double him" nonsense and Pierce is having none of it.

34to11, D-rock and DreamShook like this.
  3. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

i wish the measured hockey assists

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I watched it live. Rachel corrects SVG and TMAC and tells them he is getting Triple-teamed. TMAC and SVG disagree. This is wild.

Richie_Rich, hakeem94, Zboy and 4 others like this.
  5. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I love that they’re showing how salty they really are. Obviously they’re not REALLY watching the games or doing their homework.

The hilarious thing about ALL of what James is doing is that the MAJORITY of the media and the Twitter trolls keep HOPING, WAITING, and ringing their sweaty salty palms for James to stumble and have a NORMAL stat line and it just ain’t happening and they can’t STAND IT.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Stan says they don’t double him from the very start of the game, which I guess is fair. He’s arguing for teams to just consistently double team him from the backcourt and make the Rockets beat them 4 on 3 with the other guys each possession.

7. MystikArkitect

I see Rachel Nichols.

I click.

Buck Turgidson and rockbox like this.
  8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Tracy McGrady isn't allow to talk about chucking the ball. Harden only takes 2 more shots per game as Tracy did in his first 2 season as a Rocket, but averages 10 more points a crap load more assists. McGrady was a fake star.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

My only question is this: If all of these other dudes are capable of doing what Harden is doing then why was the last person to do what Harden is doing Wilt friggin' Chamberlain?

What's next? They're going to question the greatness of MCW?

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tracy McGrady is a heartless, backstabbing b****. Always has been, always will be.

(See Robert Horry video)

:D

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Morey does.

12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I honestly only think lbj maybe n Gianni could do what harden does. Idk maybe kd but he lacks the passing ability

BeBreezy likes this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

I’m not even going to watch it, but the irony is strong because Tracy always talked about imposing his will on the game and “taking over”. Especially when Yao was out, during the 08 streak. He had one or two 40 point games, that’s all he could do. Granted he didn’t get calls like James, but still. Harden is showing what imposing your will on the game looks look like! Tracy cannot stand it.

D-rock and Zboy like this.
  14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Tracy was afraid of getting hit... that's why he didn't get calls... too fragile. It is his fault.

Richie_Rich, Zboy and Jontro like this.
  15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think it’s only Lebron and that’s it.

Iv seen Lebron avg 30+ and get assists and win with avg role players. He’s not going to get 40+ a game but he can shoulder the load.

But he’s the only one I know can do because we’ve see him do it.

Kd im sure could avg 40+ a game he’s a great scorer he’s prob be a little more efficient also cause he’s so damn tall but he can’t lead a team playmake and win. Kd isn’t a leader.

Giannis no way. He’s great but the guy can’t shoot. Guys beg him to shoot from deep he’s not even respected out there but he can playmake but I can’t see G ever avg 30+ a game if he can’t atleast shoot 35% from deep and take 6-7 a game.

Steph? Just no guy would be injured but fake 5. He has the skills but not the body. I think that’s we’re these media guys get it wrong about steph. He can’t play any other way then the way he’s used. If he was asked to run pick and roll all day his whole game would suffer he’s just to frail he can shoot off the dribble better than anyone but he any go to the hoop 20x a game and get hacked and go to the FT line like harden guy would be in a wheel chair 25 games in.

Harden is a rare breed I don’t know why it’s so hard for talking heads and fans to get this. If it was so damn easy why isn’t anyone else doing it.

If getting 45+ a game is easy in today’s nba why arnt more guys doing it? Harden is on another planet and the only way he’ll stop getting **** on overs and over is to win a ring and then everyone will shut the hell up.

16. photojoe

photojoe Member

Question:
    If all these other guys could do what James is doing if they only shot the ball more often, then how come none of these other guys have ever come anywhere close to doing what James is doing?

If it really was as simple as just shooting the ball more often- then why don't these other guys just shoot the ball more often?

Come on man. What a lame argument and a pathetic excuse for 'analysis'. We have always just kind of discounted Wilt's numbers. They have seemed to be so far out there, so unattainable and unrealistic that it just seemed like an absurd outlier.
    But what James is doing isn't being compared to the numbers of LeBron or Giannis or Steph or KD. What he's doing is even passing the likes of Kobe and Jordan. Anytime when a player is being compared to Wilt, and really not too much else, that is something special. That is a once in a lifetime kind of run

17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Tracy would bail out defenses by shooting long ass jumpers. I’ll never forget the Utah series where Derek Fisher basically rendered his ass useless by crowding his space. Dude has no idea wtf he’s talkibg about

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol seems?

He IS a hater and a narcissist.

Harden's success is eating him inside.

People are beginning to see and realize why I grew to hate this selfish loser chump.

Richie_Rich, D-rock and Blurr#7 like this.
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

BINGO.

He has always been a bitter loser, both on and off the court.

Richie_Rich and Blurr#7 like this.
  20. Mr. Space City

lebron had free reign to do what harden is doing this year, LAST YEAR. he team sucked and he could've put up as many shots as he could and nobody would've been able to say **** to him.

but lebron is not even close to the shooter that harden is.

the biggest reason harden is able to do the things he's doing is that he's taken the hardest shot in basketball and made it into a routine jumper.

the stepback 3.

most players have to run around a bazillion screens just to get open for a 3. harden can simply isolate himself 1 on 1 and get a 3 off and it's actually a make-able shot rather than something you pull out the end of a shot clock and it goes in once in a blue moon.