1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

R.I.P Linsanity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VanityHalfBlack, Nov 22, 2012.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lol faded games... are you sure the faded games aren't the real indications of Lin rather than the Linsanity games.

Lin does well, he's healthy real self. Lin does ****, must be knee surgery

2. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Let's wait till the season is over and even one or two more years just to see. You haven't really looked at the Knicks track record, haven't you?

3. neoxyphus

neoxyphus Member

I'm a Lin fan and I agree, coaches should be tough on you if you screw up.

Lin still needs a measure of maturity. Lin has a bad habit of regressing when he has a VERY bad game. The first encounter with the Heat last year saw him with consecutive bad games. This time, fate has it, again it was with Miami, when he shot that embarrassing airball that incurred the wrath of Rocket fans.

This time around he has no veterans like Chandler or even Melo who helped cheer him up after being destroyed by the Heat, to talk to him or offer advice...Afterall, they've seen walls before and knows what he's going through.

He'll eventually gain his confidence back, and break out. He needs to mature mentally as a NBA player...I wouldn't say exactly an easy thing to do.

Does this mean he's weak? No. I think he'll be just fine. If anything, I'd say this is just growing pains.

Think about it, if Sampson didn't care, he wouldn't be so hard on him. I'm sure he wants his stars to do well, and when they slack off or aren't performing, its up to him to keep it real. Otherwise he wouldn't be doing his job.

1 person likes this.
  4. hooroo

hooroo Member

or a little longer than that...

<object height="400" width="410"><param name="movie" value="http://acbtv.acb.com/swf/video_embed.swf?xml=http%3A%2F%2Facbtv.acb.com%2Fvideo%2Fxml%2F5337%3Fvideo_id%3D5337"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed height="400" src="http://acbtv.acb.com/swf/video_embed.swf?xml=http%3A%2F%2Facbtv.acb.com%2Fvideo%2Fxml%2F5337%3Fvideo_id%3D5337" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

http://acbtv.acb.com/video/5337-lac...-6-sergio_llull:_la_velocidad_lleva_su_nombre

5. SK34

SK34 Member

Buddy, guess what? Knicks are a contending team. Rockets are not. Btw Jason Kidd > Jeremy Lin (yes at this age) & Felton (whenever he plays for the Knicks) > Lin.

Jeremy Lin at best should be a back up point guard.

6. muas2010

muas2010 Member

First, I'm not your buddy...moving along, look at what's going on with the Knicks in the last several years. Knick's management hasn't been the best. It has only been a few games so far, so I wouldn't bet anything just yet. Yes, the Knicks have been playing great..but great without Amare. Also, Lin playing with the current Knicks squad will be > then Jason Kidd or Raymon Felton with the currrent young Houston Rockets. Different team makeup...different apples. Another simle fact.

7. SK34

SK34 Member

Learn to spell.

Jason Kidd would be hitting his 3's if he played with the Rockets. So would Felton. Jeremy Lin would make knicks worse, they probably would not be the number 1 team with Jeremy Lin.

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Likewise, but then this is not a grammer forum. Jason Kidd will be hitting 3's but still with a losing record....skill only goes so far when you are a young team. SIMPLE fact.

9. SK34

SK34 Member

i don't think the Rockets would be a losing team with Jason Kidd. That is a fact. Too much experience and knows how to set up his teammates and when to set them up.

10. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Perhaps, but we will never know....that's why it can't be a fact. It's a long season so that's why we can't judge until the season is over. How will Amare fit with the team when he comes back? Can Melo avoid injuries? My bet is that Houston will develop and evolve as the season progresses and will surprise a lot of people.

11. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

whatever it is - this fridays game is going to be UGLY. Jlin is going to suck, and nobody is going to trade him with his contract.
    So stop dreaming about trading him, it's not going to happen.
    For all those haters , Jlin is going to be an expensive bench player D-leauger. Contract has been signed , it's binding. Happy now?

12. SK34

SK34 Member

Fact: Jason Kidd is one of the best point guards of all time.

Fact: J Lin was only good for 10-15 games.

Fact: J Lin sucks for the Rockets right now.

Fact: J Lin fans are delusional.

13. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Linsanity was not Jeremy Lin per se. It's actually a sytem that involved a team effort... with complete trust on the pg to make the system work and test its limits. Jeremy made it work. Lin made a few turnovers almost every game but D'Antoni did not mind. He gave Jeremy freedom and confidence to succeed. Jeremy showed the beauty of that system if done correctly. But the most important thing....everyone was on board....for awhile at least....until Melo came back.

1 person likes this.
  14. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Lin was good under Woodson as well.

Not all Lin fans ar delusional.

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

The best Lin fans are the ones saying he will be better than NASH. :grin:

16. SK34

SK34 Member

Rather have melo than lin.

17. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Yeah Linsanity is a system :)

18. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

How did you come up with this, where is the evidence? I can make a fictitous call too. Hypothetically speaking, Harden would benifit playing with Kidd a hell of a lot more than Lin.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Time for a montage

20. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

You're saying Shayan shouldn't judge until seasons end, why would you make a bet that Houston can devlop and evolve? Is that not a form of judging?