1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

R.I.P Linsanity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VanityHalfBlack, Nov 22, 2012.

1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

That's where I differ with most Lin fans, they blame the system, coaches, teammates, etc. I believe Lin has been given enough opportunity to succeed here. Defenses are giving Lin the shot and he needs to make it simple as that in order for things to open up.

2. Luca

Luca Member

I won't make any excuses for him. He's been playing poorly lately and i just hope he gets it together soon.

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Not sure what people saw in Lin anyway. He had a good stretch on a national stage in NY where his performance got WAAAAYYYY too much attention.

Reversion to the mean, at least his prescence as our starting pg will ensure a top lotto pick which when you add to a star FA and Harden will give the Rockets the core they need.

4. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

If you aren't sure what ppl saw in Lin during that 12 some games in NY, why are you sure about the same stretch of games in Houston??

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

:rolleyes: We saw the same stretch when we was in Houston the first time you might remember we cut him. He played over his head for awhile and now you're seeing the real Lin.

Oh well Morey will hopefully trade him at the deadline.

6. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

FWIW, Lin's PER this season is a good <b>seven points lower</b> than when he played with the Knicks....... (And if you don't include his faded games before the knee surgery, it's eight points lower.)

I don't know exactly what is wrong, but there is something wrong. When Lin was healthy last season, he had athletic explosiveness which has been totally missing this season.

The fact that Lin's lateral movement and acceleration haven't been returning to form gives me this sinking feeling that his knee surgery might not have been successful as initially claimed. Heck this sort of surgery, which is relatively minor, should have completely healed over the off season.

The fact he was doing reverse dunks during the offseason suggests he may have had a setback, yet there is no news reflecting that either.

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

one hit wonder.

8. YaoFan

YaoFan Contributing Member

Be patient, folks.

Let's wait for February ....

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

In the first two pages of this forum, there are only three threads that were started as criticism about Lin.

On the flip side, there are double that amount in support of Lin.

Hyperbole much?:rolleyes:

And, it has been requested over and over to make one all encompassing thread about Lin and it hasn't happened yet.....what does that tell you?

We didn't do that about Yao(who was a real superstar player) so what makes you think we are gonna do that for Jeremy Lin?

10. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Lin didn't even play one game in Houston the first time. Now he plays 12 games and it's the real Lin and 25 games in NY was 'over his head?'

It sure doesn't make a lot of sense to me...

Trade low and acquire high is not what a good GM does, and people need to give at least a full season before jumping into a conclusion, especially for a Point Guard or a Center.

11. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

nobody wants him with his performance and contract. Rockets are stuck with him until he improves.

12. SacTown

SacTown Member

The Knicks GM was a genius for letting him walk and we overpaid for him. Simple.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Not if Les has anything to say about it and not until a new coach is brought in to help revive Lin's game.

14. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

no point ranting about the past now , unless you got some time machine.
    I think Jlin numbers can improve in the correct system. But I fear that that's not going to even work until he gets his shot back. The kid needs to really get his confidence back.

"folks that want to further screw Lin. Your rants are just hurting the Rockets. The Rockets paid him so much and now they got to make him work. No choice. Nobody is going to trade for him at this state.

I am not going to defend his performance for now cause it sucks.
    But for his sake and the rockets sake, I hope he fixes his damn shooting at least, at least to the level that it was in the first 2 games.

So if guys are Rockets Fans , you got to pray for him to improve. either way. be it trade him or have him stay"

15. Luca

Luca Member

Right on, people have no patience nowadays.

16. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Jeremy Lin equals Trevor Ariza cut your losses and move on.

17. 34to11

34to11 Member

What? I ALWAYS root against our players to fail. :cool:

18. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Doesn't make sense. If Lin continues to play so badly that it will ensure a lotto pick, he will not continue to be the starting PG.

And as if Harden and the other payers have no value to the team such that if Lin fails, the team will fail to a lotto pick level.

And as if Harden would be happy to continue playing for the team if it's at lotto pick level.

And as if a star FA would come here if we're a lotto pick team.

19. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Hate to say it but its Turnoversanity he turns the ball way too much we should of kept lowry. I know most of yall would say Toronto's pick lead to Harden but I think OUR pick KMart, Lamb & throw in Morris would of still lead to Harden

20. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Lin followers got it misconstrued. True rocket fans dont root for players to play poorly, for me personally i'm simply stating the obvious against so many delusional lin fans that popped up. I was impressed by his stint in NY, but never sold and hes just reaffirming to me that hes a fraud. I want this team to draft in the top 8 so the way hes playing helps fulfill my short term satisfaction.