1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

R.I.P Linsanity

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VanityHalfBlack, Nov 22, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

You really shouldn't let other people dictate things like this for you. Yes some of his fans are annoying I totally get that. But what does his fan base have to do with Lin the player? Absolutely nothing.

I am not surprised by this. Kind of what I was thinking for a while now. We shall see on Friday.

1 person likes this.
  2. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

oh god YOF's were awful...about 10x worse than LOFs.

- Blamed our coach for not solving fronting defense
    - Blamed the players for not being able to perfectly post entry pass the ball into Yao's hands
    - Said it was okay for Boozer to drop 30 on Yao as long as noone else scored

Come to think of it it's kinda similar to what Lin's going through now but not as bad LOL

1 person likes this.
  3. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

... and that's how rumors get started around here. "looked at him like" ????? Are you a mind reader ? During the Bull's game,I saw Lin go to the sideline and Sampson pat him on the back...I was thinking to myself "what was that for,dude is playing like crap".So I don't see how you can come in here and state "Sampson doesn't support" the guy,based on a look :rolleyes:

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

When you have a vocal segment of his fans constantly complaining and making excuses and saying stuff like the Rockets don't deserve some player (whether its Lin or Yao who whoever), I think it creates a backlash. The criticism naturally intensifies in reaction to that, perhaps because people subconsciously want to "balance out" the discussion.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Don't get me wrong I get where you are coming from. And it is human nature to respond in such a manner. I am not trying to trivialize your sentiments trust me I am not. But frankly, I like Lin as a player. That is really all I focus on what he brings on the court. His fans, Linsanity, the media all of that is just noise to me & it doesn't affect my perception on his strengths & weaknesses. I ignore it & focus on the basketball stuff. That is it.

6. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I agree,some of these posters offer ridiculous excuse's and viewpoints.Just ignore them and try to focus on posters that offer more realistic viewpoints,but don't root for your own players to fail.Not saying you do,but many here are.

7. SK34

SK34 Member

I can't wait for the trade deadline.. when they can trade his ass

8. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

The Lakers will offer Chris Duhon, whose contract is not fully guaranteed next season and/or Steve Blake.

9. HardLin

HardLin Member

Lin's doing fine. To my eye, all aspects of his game have improved - except his shot has been off this season. 10 ppg and 6 assists is not spectacular, but serviceable.

His passes are better than last season, but his teammates are worse at catching them. He's not getting good screens, and they're not even calling screens for him that often, so he's not getting to the rim that often, forcing him to take lower percentage shots. Therefore, the few shots he takes tend to be perimeter shots and jump shots. But his shot has been off, which causes his abysmal shooting percentages.

His teammates will get better at catching his passes. This will cause his assist number to go up. They will set better screens for him, which will cause him either to get to the rim, or take better shots, which will cause his ppg and shooting percentages to go up. But it will take time for these things to happen.

And when those things happen Linsanity might return. It may happen gradually, or he may suddenly have a breakout game. But even if Linsanity does not return, he should be a solid starter PG, at least worth his salary.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Mods, is one all encompassing Lin thread to much to ask.

Every day a new thread about how bad he's been, which he has, but do we need to start a new thread every time.

11. Luca

Luca Member

Tbh, if it's what you have seen from the coach then maybe it is time for the team to ship him out of town maybe to the Lakers for example. In addition to that, i can see a lot of fans want him out and him to fail anyway so what's the point of having him here.

12. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

You guys are whack. Greg Popavich constantly goes after players even his stars. It's like you guys think Lin needs baby gloves or something. If dude is that mentally weak, he's not cut out for basketball.

13. Luca

Luca Member

People are talking about sending to the D-league. What is that all about? I've never seen so much hatred for a player in their own team. I was loved in NY and hated here, wow.

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Well duh he put up crazy numbers in NY and now he's putting up mediocre numbers in Houston. He's not even loved in NY anymore if you visit their forum they are glad they got Felton and Kidd.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Are you Jeremy Lin? So Lin does read the forum, you have been exposed

16. Luca

Luca Member

I'm a Knicks fan and i still like him. A lot of New Yorkers still love him. Yes, he's been playing poorly but there have been some games where he was solid. If the team is not happy then just trade him simple.

17. Luca

Luca Member

No my bad as i'm typing with my phone so mistakes happen.

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

That's up to management it's not simple. Rocket fans may not be happy with him so far but that doesn't mean management is ready to give up on him yet.

You're in the minority Knicks fan then because from reading their forums, many of them are over him. They have a better team and Felton/Kidd is playing way better than Lin.

19. Luca

Luca Member

I agree with you that Felton and Kidd have been playing very well but remember they have Melo, Chandler, Jr and so many experienced players. Do the Roxx have that a part from Harden? Lin has been relegated to a spot up shooter here which is not his strength. Now i hope that he will adjust quick to be part of the Rox and start to play well. But people are giving him up on him already.

20. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

People always complain. If you don't wanna read it, don't click on it.