1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quitten to be a Coach?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gucci888, Jun 15, 2005.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Jackson First Order Of Business...Bring On Scottie Pippen!
    15th June, 2005 - 8:44 pm

Orange County Register - Now that he is back in La-La-Land, Phil Jackson is trying to bring former Bull and one of the NBA’s 50 greatest players, Scottie Pippen, onto the Lakers coaching staff.

Pippen has already been contacted by Jackson about joining the Lakers as an assistant coach, although Pippen is so far unsure if he wants to give up his retirement lifestyle. He ended his playing career before last season.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...rst_order_of_businessbring_on_scottie_pippen/

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Now I'm gonna have to see his Stallone-wannabe face even more. :mad:

3. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Alright! Reason to hate the Lakers again!

4. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

You mean three reasons. Kobe is enough of a reason by himself :mad: ; Phil is two :mad: ; Pippin would be three. :mad:

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hmmmm......team you'd most want to tag w/ fastball lumps of manure.....gonna be hard to decide b/t spers and fakers now....

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Let's see... Snottie's a headcase and he doesn't get along well with Kobe. Yeah, that'll be a perfect fit for him...

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's convenient how they're concentrating all the people I hate on a team I hate.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's unsure if he wants to leave "the retirement lifestyle"? Lol, I imagine Scottie angrily bashing his teammate with a shuffleboard stick and then quitting in the middle of a game to go to the early bird buffet

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Do you remember when Scottie cut all of his hair off and his head looked like a sharpei.

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I take from that article two things:

1. Phil would like Pippen to work with Lamar Odom, since Scottie is what Phil would like Odom to emulate.

2. Pippen won't so much be an actual coach as he will be an apperentice (see Ewing) getting some charity from his former coach.

All that, plus - the Lakers suck.

I'm guessing that the next move is to decline Vlade's option and trade Atkins, Butler, Grant, and/or George for a big defensive PG or a 4.

Evan

11. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

At the least the guy was the greatest 1-on-1 defender of all time. I am sure Odom would benefit from him on the defensive end, so it makes sense to me in that aspect.

However, I don't think Kobe will be pleased about that, him and Pip didn't get along when the Blazers and the Lakers used to play one another a few years back. I think they really dislike each other.

Anyways, if not now, Pippen will definitely be a head coach in this league one day. There are fewer former players that posess more knowledge of the game than he does.

Now, don't let me get in the way of your silly hatred for the guy, please go on... ;)

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Great Play doesn't always turn into great coaching. Pippen did play a very smart, but so did Jordan. Does that make Jordan a coach.

Pippen does not have leadership qualities. He's sensative, he's abbrasive, and he quits. Does that sound like the makings of a head coach?

13. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

^Plus he's a dumbass.. I would rather hear COOP on TV than Quitten..

14. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'd put him in charge of timeouts.

15. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

ok great, now al they have to do is get chris webber to play for the lakers, and everybdy i do not like and think is overrated are on the same team.:D