1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quitten crying again!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigDog, Apr 25, 2001.

1. BigDog

BigDog Member

Got this off espn. He hasn't been happy since Michael left the league the first time.

Pippen told The Oregonian he is not happy with his role with the Blazers and said he has spoken with coach Mike Dunleavy about it "a few times."

"I'll leave it at that," Pippen said.

"I can only do what I want on the defense end. On the offensive end, I'm not involved; I'm in isolation a lot. I'm used to touching the ball and getting involved."

In Sunday's 106-93 loss to the Lakers, Pippen had 13 points on 5-of-10 shooting in 40 minutes. Game 2 in the best-of-five series is Thursday night in Los Angeles.

"I'd love to be more aggressive, but just the way we started the game. I mean, I started in isolation," Pippen said. "How can I be aggressive when I'm standing out there? That took a little bit of my aggressiveness away."

Hell, he ought to retire! No need to be unhappy anymore and he won't win another championship. I guess at the end of the season he'll demand a trade to the Wizards. The only thing is that he'll get beat up on the first day by Sir Charles! Whoop his A$$!!

------------------

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

ahh...but you forgot to mention his absolutely senseless comments about how Kobe faked his rib injury just so he could be labled as the hero...just like Mike:

"He's trying to be like Mike," Pippen said Monday. "He wants to have a heroic performance. They said he had bruised ribs. Come on. It didn't look like he had bruised ribs. He didn't find a shot he didn't like."

C'mon!!! Does he need to give Kobe any more motivation to kick his ass...i mean, its not like he wasn't doing it before. I have no idea what Pippen is trying to do by saying this...it isn't firing up his team, and it isn't gonna help his offense either.

I hope the national media finally realizes that it was us who got screwed over when Pippen was here...not him. If he had stayed, he would have fit in just fine, running alley-oops w/ steve and cuttino...but it makes me sick to think of his disruptive presence on our team of love.

I know it sucks to be a Blazer fan now...

------------------
    --if time spent on this board = # of posts, I would have a lot of them. Obviously, there is no correlation...

3. Valio!

Valio! Member

I think Pippen's whining just further exposes what kind of character he has. His team isnt even out of the running yet (though I bet they soon will be) and he's already throwing blame on people..As usual - he is not "getting enough touches"...I guess if he did, game 1 would have been a route in favor of portland???...oh..ok pippen...whatever...

------------------
    "I didn't like jr. high when I was there. Why would I want to watch it on tv?" P. Mesku's opinion about "Survivor"

4. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

that is the funniest thing about the kobe faking the injury...I think jordon kinda faked his sickness more than anything else...if not faking, pretending to make it worst than it seems to be...don't know why so many people bought that act...

<a href="http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2001/2001/0425/1185874.html">here is the link to it</a>

[This message has been edited by ChenZhen (edited April 25, 2001).]

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Kobe's got issues to begin with. He has patterned his walk, swagger, BS talk, his turnaround J, his wanting to be "the man", etc. all after Jordan. He can't be "Kobe" because he wants to be "Jordan".

That being said, Scottie Pippen is an idiot.

------------------
    Yugo grills, Yugo mills, Check out the oil my Yugo spills...

6. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

Wrong forum!

(I always wanted to do that)

There is a similar thread in the proper forum.

------------------

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

*cough*

Right forum.

*cough*

... I've always wanted to do that! [​IMG]

------------------
    Yugo grills, Yugo mills, Check out the oil my Yugo spills...

[This message has been edited by Dr of Dunk (edited April 25, 2001).]

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

hey dreamshake,

what do you think of those quotes....sounds familiar, 'eh.

Pippen has always "stood out there". But in Chicago, nobody stood IN there, so the lane was wide open. With Barkley and Dream, the big men stood IN there. So, Pippen has to stand OUT there. In Houston now, Pippen would have a lot of room to be aggressive.

Pippen just wants to handle the ball, and will blame someone else if he doesn't get to handle the rock if people say he's not aggressive.

Dreamshake, how can you continue quoting Pippen as a means to say Rudy can't coach.

9. Hydra

Hydra Member

How can he be used to touching the ball and being involved? He hasn't done that in years.

------------------
    "Of course, thats just my opinion, I could be wrong" -- Dennis Miller

10. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Gee BIG SURPRISE......

QUITTEN complaining about not being happy with his role......

Question:
    Will this chump ever be happy on his own, or does he need Mikey wiping his A$$ 24/7????

------------------
    "...more and more of our imports are coming from overseas."
    George W. Bush -- On NPR's Morning Edition (9/26)

11. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

If you interpret the description correctly, this is the right forum.

Talk about former Rocket players, of course you will then be considered slow.

[​IMG]

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion

12. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

He's already working on getting out of Portland so he can hold Jordan's jock again.

13. Valio!

Valio! Member

Nick and HeyP are right...If Pippen would have stuck around in houston, he would get the ball more given the current offense...He'd have a lot more room to be aggressive inside...The guy is just so short-sighted...if he doesnt get an instant championship, he starts whining...

------------------
    "I didn't like jr. high when I was there. Why would I want to watch it on tv?" P. Mesku's opinion about "Survivor"

14. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

Maybe it should've gone to the NBA dish ... [​IMG] But it's funny how Scottie has been viewed by Phil Jackson. heheheh!

Go Lakers! [​IMG]

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Kobe Bryant's bruised rib is getting better every day. His bruised feelings, in the wake of comments by Scottie Pippen, might be another story.

Bryant left the court for some four minutes and was treated in the locker room in the second quarter Sunday after being elbowed by Rasheed Wallace during the Los Angeles Lakers' 106-93 victory over Portland in Game 1 of their playoff series.

Guarded by Pippen for the most part, Bryant scored 25 of his 28 points in the second half as the defending NBA champions got a jump on the Trail Blazers in the best-of-five series, which resumes Thursday night at Staples Center before moving to Portland.

Pippen has since questioned whether Bryant was really hurt.

``He's got bruised ribs? Which side? Aww, he's trying to be like Mike,'' Pippen said, referring to former teammate Michael Jordan's effort in Game 5 of the 1997 NBA Finals against Utah, when he scored 38 points for the Chicago Bulls despite food poisoning.

``He wanted to come out and have a heroic performance after saying he had bruised ribs,'' Pippen said. ``It didn't look like he had bruised ribs. He didn't find a shot he didn't like. He wasn't hurt that bad.''

Bryant, who has often expressed deep respect for Pippen, admitted Wednesday he was disappointed by the remarks, but said he realized his opponent was probably just trying to get into his head.

``I've respected Scottie so much, I've looked up to him when I was honing my basketball skills,'' Bryant said. ``Scottie has six rings, he's a champion. It's a little disappointing, but I've got a job to do.''

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said he believed anything between the two, at least as far as Pippen is concerned, dates to when Pippen played for Houston two years ago and the Lakers beat the Rockets in a first-round series.

Bryant generally got the better of his more experienced opponent at that time.

``I enjoy playing against Scottie so much,'' Bryant said. ``Back then, I looked at it as a challenge and an opportunity to prove myself against one of the best players of all time.''

When asked if he might say anything to Pippen, Bryant replied: ``Like what? We expected them to say something to throw us off our game.''

Bryant said he wore a smaller pad in practice Wednesday than he wore Tuesday, and hopes to not wear one at all in Game 2.

When asked if he expected Pippen to go after his ribs, Bryant laughed and said, ``Probably, I would.''

Pippen didn't speak to reporters Wednesday after the Blazers practiced.

Meanwhile, Shaquille O'Neal was much more outspoken than Bryant when it came to remarks made by the Blazers.

``I'll be ready for tomorrow night, don't you worry,'' O'Neal said. ``I'm not really angry, I just feed off things like this. I love it when people talk. As an athlete, I'd rather just beat somebody than cry. I'm a man, I want to play man's basketball.

``When I'm upset, I dominate.''

O'Neal believes the Blazers should just stop talking and play. Blazers coach Mike Dunleavy and some of his players complained after Game 1 that O'Neal got away with camping in the lane and generally pushing them around.

Portland reserve Dale Davis, who fouled out in only nine minutes trying to guard O'Neal, was fined $7,500 by the NBA on Wednesday for verbally abusing the officials during the game.

Davis said he was shocked by the fine, and planned to appeal.

As far as the crying and whining accusations by O'Neal, Davis smiled and said: ``That's fine. We've been accused of worse.''

As far as O'Neal is concerned, Davis said: ``He's going to abuse the rules if they let him do it. He's going to play his game. Our job is to go out and get a win. Whatever we have to do, we'll do it, there's no tomorrow. The toughest team is going to win. We just have to play tougher.''

------------------
    They couldn't stop him in the early 90s; now they can't stop him in the 21st century
    -- Bill Worell on Phoenix defense on Hakeem

15. losttexan

losttexan Contributing Member

I've never really understood why people thought this guy was so good. I was pissed when the rockets got him. He's just classless.

He'll be the first person kicked out of the Top 50 Players list. A list he doesn't belong on anyway.

------------------

16. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I always find it funny how someone on the NBA's 50 Greatest List isn't even one of the fifty greatest CURRENT players.

This whole thing makes me like Kobe even more, actually. But I know I'm in the minority there. [​IMG]

------------------
    Jazzkiller

17. Toast

Toast Member

As much as I hate that b@stard, in theory Pippen would be a much better fit than Shandon as the starting SF of this team. However, in reality, Pippen just sucks and would contribute very little to any team he plays for.

I doubt he'll ever play for the Wizards. I heard a very strange thought this morning, too. If MJ comes back, remember he's always said he doesn't wanna play for any coach besides Phil Jackson. What if MJ signs with the Lakers, and Kobe gets traded to Phoenix for Kidd and Marion? Yeah, I know, that sounds about as unlikely as Jordan returning from retirement.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Pippen bashing already in progress.

------------------
    Founding Father of the
    Refs Suck Club

18. Rollinrockets

Rollinrockets Member

Next thing you know hes gonna say it was Kemps fault for dogging it in practice and being too fat. This guy is a loser and a quitter plain and simple.

------------------

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

a man gets jabbed in the ribs, goes to the locker room, gets examined, diagnosed and treated by team doctors, then comes back to do his job; why does this punk Pippen think it is his business to involve himself in the matter?
    "it didn't look like he had bruised ribs."
    Didja check em out yourself, Scottie? never knew you were trained in the field of medicine, let alone that you can diagnose someone through their jersey and the padding on the aforementioned bruised rib.

Pippen reminds me of a child who needs attention, so they make a scene so that everyone knows they are still there.
    What does Mj's performance have to do with kobe's rib? wow, scottie, we know you were there when michael came back and scored alot of points and you won another ring due to his greatness [​IMG]

------------------
    right on

[This message has been edited by across110thstreet (edited April 26, 2001).]

20. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

This is great.

From Frank Hughes:

Pippen complaining over a lack of a defined role in the offense? Scottie, buddy, what have you done since your boy MJ retired? I don't know how the NBA is going to do this in the future, maybe expand it to the Top 75 players of all time, but if they kept it as the Top 50 players of all time, I have a pretty good guess that Pip would be, well, reassigned.

And is it just me, or does it seem more than just a coincidence that Scottie is now complimenting Michael -- and ripping Kobe at the same time -- because Michael seems to be coming back to play next season? I'm going to start calling him Dorothy Pippen because it's only a matter of time before he breaks out in a rendition of, "I'm off to see the Wizards."

------------------