1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quit trying to cross the highway, idiots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DanHiggsBeard, Jul 12, 2005.

1. DanHiggsBeard

DanHiggsBeard Member

Every single day, and I mean EVERY day, there is a story on chron.com about someone dying while trying to cross a local highway.

I'm going to start keeping stats.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Life in the fast lane will kill ya.

3. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

I noticed that too!! It is soooo dangerous, esp at night when nobody can see you. I would think that the tow trucks coming to your rescue (being paid by citizens) would cut down on the number of people crossing freeways (esp Gulf Freeway) to call for help. I wish we knew the reasons why people resort to this.

I know my dad did it 10-15 years ago once because he was in an accident and was on the left shoulder and a cop never came. When he told us he crossed it, I thought he was crazy!!! He said it felt like the 18 wheelers were sucking him into it. I believe that...they are going 70+ mph!!

I don't ever advise this. Just stay in your car with your hazard lights on and wait if you don't have a cell phone.

4. coma

coma Contributing Member

I remember two years ago on a Saturday, I was driving back from a club and was a bit tipsy. It was pouring, like tropical depression storming, and out of nowhere this waste of life b!tch comes running across the freeway, I had to slam on my brakes, enough to avoid hitting her and not to fish tail.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I don't have cable but I heard Carlos Mencia went to talk to a REAL official about this sign in Califas:
    [​IMG]
    Hilarious stuff.
    "¡Córrele, José... córrele María!"

illegally entering, and THEN running across the highway is dangerous-er. Ahhh... the struggle to live a better life...

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

When I worked in Guadalajara I noticed this occurred quite frequently. I don't know if it's more accepted down in Mexico or what. Are the people in Houston that are crossing the freeways of Mexican origin? Maybe it's a cultural thing.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

If it doesn't kill ya, it'll surely make you loooose your mind.

9. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I got to watch it.. Carlos said he was a real "official" and kept asking who the sign was for, but he wouldnt say all he said was "people".... then Carlos got all mad and said turn "off the cameras!" ...."now this only for for me and the camera is off, who is the sign for??" and the "official" said.. "for Wetbacks".. the camera wasnt off it was still rolling sitting on the table...

10. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

So you were driving drunk in a horrible storm...

...if you did hit that lady, you'd have been locked up for a long time.

11. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Every day, all the time.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I suddenly had the strange urge to cross the street right here in my office right now... :D

13. Agent94

Agent94 Member

The "wetbacks" line was part of the joke.