1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quincy Miller Highlights

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by batkins, Nov 15, 2011.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/egXEVkxqz0k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Htown's2kFinest

Thomas Robinson Highlights

I don't like his persona, he's a little too cocky, but I think Quincy Miller is gonna be a star in the NBA. He plays with a lot of emotion and his length plus skillset reminds me of Durant.

3. batkins

Quincy Miller Highlights - Baylor

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2Lh3QB7qpT8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. batkins

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AhnOApGV3QM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

how tall is he got skills for sure

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

6'9" small forwards that can post up as well as shoot 41% from 3pt are nice. also, dude is still brushing off the rust from his knee injury. Assuming no set-backs, he'll look twice as nice next year.

7. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

He reminds me of a young Shareef Abdur-Rahim

8. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

More impressed by Quincy than Anthony Davis...
    Great midrange game for a youngster, above average in isolation situations and has a nose for the ball. I like his attitude on the court as well. You call it cocky I call it confidence.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

from his sheer lack of will to live?

j/k

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Qunicy is SOFT. He wont be a "impact player" in the NBA.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ya he will. You can't teach height and he has a jumper that's quite nice.

Perry Jones has more physical talent but Quincy Miller gets it.

Btw, soft doesn't mean much when you're a freshmen in college. He'll surely gain muscle mass when he hits the pros.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Quincy Miller doesn't play soft at all, but he's definitely not the strongest guy in the world. Soft players don't back guys down in the post, hold their position and demand the ball.

13. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

My second favorite prospect after Davis. This guy looks like the next T-Mac out there: the personality, the shot, the handles, and the moves.

14. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Also, if we get this guy, we could run out a lineup of Lowry, Miller, Parsons, Patterson, and Dalembert next year. We even actually have a chance to draft Miller, as he is projected to go in the late lottery and we can trade a few picks to get there. I would be very excited if that were to become a reality. Our future would be extremely bright with a T-Mac clone in a lineup with Lowry, Parsons, and Patterson.

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Also (again), something you notice about this guy in his highlights is that he can get his shot off against anybody. We need somebody like that in crunch time, someone who can get his shot off against anybody at any time. He's 6'9, and has the instincts, handles, release, and most importantly work ethic to get a good shot.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He has a nice set shot but his release is painfully slow. He's not super explosive, so he'll have some issues against NBA caliber long athletic small forwards. He's a bit TOO cocky for his level of play right now may have to check that in the NBA. Thomas Robinson ( who is super explosive & intense) ripped right through Baylor's frontline.

I'm not a fan.

17. Brandyon

Brandyon Member

Nearly every point you made is baseless.

Saying he's not explosive for a 3 is asinine. Too cocky? He's arguably the 2nd best players on a top 10 team nationally. It's erroneous anyway, as being cocky is rarely a negative attribute when talking about performance. And why would he be expected to stop Thomas Robinson, who plays a completely different position? That's what Jones and Acy were supposed to be doing.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude I've seen T-mac & Durant comparisons in some these posts. He's not in their class as a prospect. He's had an ACL injury & there's no lift on his shot. Ask yourself Would Durant or T-Mac have been the 2nd best player on Baylor's team right now. Miller is a nice skilled prospect but he beats his chest WAAY too much. As far as Thomas Robinson goes, if you're a 6'9 tweener (meaning you play the 3 & the 4) and there's another 6'9 player on the floor ripping you a new one, wouldn't you want your shot at shutting him down? IF not, he needs to cool it with the chest thumping. Nice player but not NBA star.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Quincy Miller is coming off of a knee injury he will be more explosive next year.

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

As far as prospects is concerned Quincy Miller was the number 1 player in high school until he suffered that injury. I jumped the gun on the Durant thing even though I think his game sort of resembles it. As for Tmac as a prospect who knows how he would have done his freshman year at Kentucky.