1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question JVG, McHale, and Mark Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haydenfisher342, Mar 9, 2013.

1. haydenfisher342

@ a very loud bar tonight couldnt hear @#(@*$&*!!!

Asked in game thread, no answer. Never get to hear what JVG says but he usually says good things

1. what was the difference in Coach Cams? Mchale and Jackson

2. what was some of the topics discussed by JVG and company.

Thanks!

2. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

If by coach cam you just mean what they were saying during timeouts, Jackson said something to the effect that we are a shooting team, they have to stay relaxed, and they "make threes and don't clap hands and celebrate, just get back on defense." Which was kind of a slight at us and how we celebrated in that game earlier in the season. Only remember an interview of McHale, which happened after the 1st quarter, he said we were playing "selfish" ball and not moving it like we normally do.

2. JVG said Harden is in the MVP race, McHale should be COTY. Magic/Simmons gave a lot of props to Parsons in halftime.

1 person likes this.
  3. haydenfisher342

Thanks man Rep'd

4. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Unfortunately i dont think anybody for the Rockets were mic'd up or wired for sound

but like pattern said JVG was insisting on Mchale for COTY and Harden has to be in MVP consideration

5. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

JVG said that Harden should at least be considered in the top 5 for the MVP race.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Best part:

When Motiejunas got into foul trouble, Robinson came in, JVG questioned why they are staying big and not going with Delfino at the 4. Rockets went to hell in a hand-basket immediately.

Things turn around almost right away when, you guessed it, Delfino enters the game to play PF.

The man does his homework.

Also, McHale's 1st qtr sideline interview was good. JVG praised him for it.

7. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

JVG did a lot of praising on the players and the coaching. He was very specific, knew the players well and the plays, you can tell he has really been following the team closely this season.

1 person likes this.
  8. jocar

jocar Member

JVG fended off a bear but only sustained minor injuries.

[​IMG]

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He made a very interesting point and compared us to GSW a few years back when they beat the 1st seed Dallas. He said shooting a lot of 3s means you will go on cold streaks, but it will also be our greatest weapons in the playoffs. The Rockets offense tend to generate a lot of good open 3 point shots, and if we can consistently make them we in a playoff series we could do some serious damage.

I'm actually kind of glad we got Garcia with that in mind. He can shoot very well from behind the arc.

10. TISNF

TISNF Member

Garcia's certainly going to be an interesting case. I (and perhaps many others) have basically written him off as dead weight, but he's definitely contributing while on the floor with limited mistakes.

Still, the defense is severely lacking, especially on close-outs. Really frustrating.

11. haydenfisher342

Thanks everyone, I remember they had the coaches coaching Side by side....Mark was using his finger signaling that "something was crazy" I would of loved to of heard what Mchale said in that huddle

12. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Actually Jackson was telling his players not to celebrate because the Rockets push the ball so fast even on made baskets. McHale was wired for sound also but the one huddle they showed of him was just basically generic coachspeak.

13. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I mean yeah, that's why you don't celebrate in an NBA games, but I got the impression he was taking a jab at us. Maybe not, I don't know.

14. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

On the topic of the coach cam wired thing, do note that it's for just that reason--the cameras.

If you notice, every coach says the same stupid things for the camera. They give the coach a mic button that turns it on and off, and during certain time outs when they decide to keep it on, they say the same BS you hear every coach on those Wired segments say.

So just a note, please don't consider any of the crap that's said on these segments and factor it into your judgment of the coach.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Jerry West is working for the GSW, and he's been on record about his dislike for 3 point celebrations.

16. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Not to screw up your entire premise, but as a fan that sat behind the bench for 11 games in the 2010-11 season, I can tell you that it's basically exactly the same.

17. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

I wasnt aware that they could turn it on and off. Most coaches would "forget" to turn it on. I thought they they have some kind of agreement to not really show any kind of strategy and it's more like "They made some shots but we gotta keep playing our game" stuff.

18. SexyButIgnorant

I remember at one point in the 4th quarter, Mchale tells the guys during a timeout, "Alright, so they made a couple shots, big deal. This is our game, this is where we come back on. Go out there, make your plays, you guys are the better team"

you can really tell McHale is a good motivational coach

1 person likes this.
  19. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Does anyone celebrate after making a three as much as Curry?

20. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

I don't know if this qualifies but one guy on GS who really gets under my skin is Jarrett Jack. He just always seems a little too pleased with himself anytime he does anything.