1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question for those who went to the Draft Party

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JusBleezy, Jun 29, 2006.

1. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

What kind of reaction did the Rockets' players give when the trade was announced?

And for the love of everything nice, where is Tracy McGrady? I hope he gives his opinion on the trade before anything is final.

2. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

it was pretty funny when the trade was announced at the party. First off the crowd went absolutey crazy when Foye went 7th setting the stage for us to draft Gay. Everyone was anticpiating it and Worrell even asked Rafer and Juwan about what they thought about Gay and they were both surprised he fell to 8th. Once the trade was announced everyone basically just went nuts again and you heard nothing but boo birds all around the arena. Worrell then proceeded to ask Juwan about the trade and as he was answering the boo birds were still pretty damn loud. Juwan responded by "we just found out about this just like you guys, (smiles) and proceeds to say "dont shoot the messenger."

I saw atleast 1200 people get up from there seats and leave after that.

3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

When did they give away the tickets? Before or after everyone started to leave and did you try to get some?

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

when Roy was drafted there were a bunch of "awww....."

then when Foye was drafted, the place errupted.

its funny, cause my friend next to me says "i bet $10 the Rockets screw this up", literally seconds after he said that, they showed Ric Bucher saying "the rockets are definitely getting Gay with the pick, but not keep it as this trade has been proposed" the place booed the hell out of the place but when they annonced Gay's name the crowd still cheered.

Bill Worrell was on the court with Skip, Hayes, and Howard. Howard explained that don't shoot the messenger and said "show us what yall think about the trade" and the place still booed the hell out of that place. After that, i didnt stay any longer and just left.

5. TracyMcCrazyeye

soo there was no riot and the toyota center was not torn down? aw shucks

6. B-BallGuy

B-BallGuy Member

Man, i was on the second row and went nuts when they called gay. But as soon as they announce the trade i was booing like crazy. literally over 60% of the people got up and left. Even parents with their 5 year old kids started yelling out profanities.

I got on TV, i was on channel 11 when they showed us cheering for gay and then us booing for the trade. My friend and i were wearing red sox hats.

Channel 13 also showed us jumping up and down when they selected gay. but not when they heard the trade.

7. famicom

famicom Member

Haha for some reason I just thought of Wesley saying "come on Houston, let's make some noise" on the screen and everybody boos louder.

8. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

what was the "surprise" that were supposed to mention? alternate uni?

9. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

Yeah I was wondering about that too?

10. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

The "suprise" was that we got Shane Battier. The stupid Rockets front office probably expected the fans to be excited about that deal. OH YEA BABY. TAKE US TO THE PROMISED LAND!

11. B-BallGuy

B-BallGuy Member

it was about JVG buying some tickets for the loud fans and giving them out so they can bring that energy to games.

12. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

That is beyond lame.

13. str8tup

str8tup Member

dam i knew i shoulda gone to the party, that sounded fun, as bad as the trade was, i still wanted my opinion to be heard :cool:

14. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Juwon was visibly disturbed by the trade/reaction... when he was commenting on it, you could tell that he was not all that excited to be holding the mic. He had just said before that "you've got to take Rudy Gay"... I'll bet he was wondering if he was involved in the trade.