1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question for Tea Enthusiasts and/or Whole Food Employees

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CBrownFanClub, Feb 14, 2005.

1. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Anyone here tried Mighty Leaf Tea? It's a Bay Area tea company, and I am totally spellbound by their stuff. I have never even been a tea guy, but their teas are over-the-top good.

The bags are great, little silky things with big leaves in them. They're expensive though. Depending where you go, between $7.50 10 $9.50 for fifteen bags. They serve this stuff at schmancy restaurants. It's a painful thing to be addicted to because it's pricey, but buying it loose is much cheaper. I think it's a west coast thing, but I know they have it at Whole Foods in Houston on Kirby.

If you like herbal/decaf tea, try the Camomile Citrus, it is incredible. Their green teas are great; the Marrakesh Mint is espcially good, but impossible to find. Their balck teas are good; I am sort of a hick about tea, so I go for the more flavored ones, like Pear Caramel or Orange Jasmine. But their standard ones are good too - Darjeeling, Earl Gray, whatever.

I prefer caffienated, but the herbal / decaf are more dazzling.

To anyone ; ) who might per chance work at Whole Foods -- what's the story here? Does it sell? The location on Kirby has some varietals I can not get out here, even though its a Bay Area company. Is it a big thing? It's sort of not a big thing out here - yet - and I a little surprised. All the good restaurants are on board, though.

There is also a sort of "collectible"cachet to this stuff; you will occasionally find a variety in some random spot you have never seen before. I love that.

Has anyone tried this stuff? It's killing me. It got me totally off coffee -- I was not even trying. Here is the thing; you can't argue the tea vs. coffee thing straight up, it's just apples and oranges. It has never even been a contest to me, coffee would win hands down. But good tea beats the crap out of bad coffee, and my work day is a totally different deal nowadays on that point. I have stashes, bags of loose tea at work. It looks like dope.

Here's their website

Thanks for listening.

#1 CBrownFanClub, Feb 14, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  2. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Nah. I make beer.

I don't drink anything caffeinated. It's bad for you.;)

3. edc

edc Contributing Member

Go rent the Neil Innes / Eric Idle Beatles parody "The Rutles."

Not only is it a funny, funny film, but you will never look at tea in quite the same way again.

4. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Why have I always thought
    In the back of my mind
    Cheese and onions

Do I have to spell it out?

C-h-e-e-s-e-a-n-d-o-n-i-o-n-s
    Oh no