1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

question for steve: how many playoff games have you played in?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JR, Jun 22, 2002.

Tags:
  1. JR

JR Contributing Member

this is pathetic. he acts like by drafting ming management is messing with a 60-win team. hey, jackass, you've never made the playoffs. until you have some real credentials (and being voted by the fans as an all-star and then embarassing yourself in the game doesn't count), shut the f' up.

2. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

sad thing is im startingto feel the same way about him.

3. Cedsports

Cedsports Member

JR

Can we please stop with the childlike name calling, it's starting to sound like the level of name calling is in direct reflect of ones character.

Before you start bandwagoning on what you read about somebody over hearing by someone who knows someone, get your facts right.

If you didn't hear it or see it yourself do not ASSUME it.

When you ASSUME you just make an ASS out of U, not ME.

4. JR

JR Contributing Member

hey CED this was based on a direct quote reported by numerous members of this site . . .

JACKASS!

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Real class calling the guy a jackass, claiming he made a fool out of himself in the All-Star game (his first by the way, and he was a reserve) and then calling OTHER posters jackasses. It's one thing to criticize the guy, but name calling then blowing things out of proportion (saying he "embarrassed" himself in the All-Star game) is ridiculous. I mean calling the guy a jackass!?

6. redao

redao Member

How will Yao Ming react to Steve's words? Work harder for him?
    Say sorry to him?

Ming is going to have a very bad time in Rockets if two major playes have that attitude all the way.

It seems to me that Steve isn't showing much respect to RT and the team. He played his game for himself.

7. JR

JR Contributing Member

hey RMil, if steve wasn't acting like a punk, he might get some respect. apparently he thinks he deserves automatic respect because he's steve francis. wrong. you have to earn it. and as for Ced, his post was a big pile of crap. i can't comment on something if I didn't actually hear it or see it? like i can't count on BBS members to accurately report a TV interview? please.

oh and by the way, he wasn't a reserve, he was voted in as a starter (otherwise he wouldn't even have made the team), and he DID embarass himself. He was the worst player on the court.

8. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

First of all I venture to say that none of you can officially cofirm any of your claims. So stop insinuating deragatory things about Francis and by the way he did start in the all-star game, and yes it was his first. You know every player that is great goes through this phase heck MJ even got Doug Collins fired. Some times one can not understand what goes on behind the scenes, are you part of the Rocket's team or management? No, is that what you said, I would've never guessed why don't you people go be Lakers or Kings fans the organization doesn't need doubting Tom's like you anyway. Be greatful that this guy was ever on this team and if he leaves I would be dissapointed but it's his career and his life.

*peace*

9. tozai

tozai Member

Yeah, let's trade Steve, Cuttino, Eddie and anyone else that doesn't blow their load thinking about Ming...One quote and everyone wants to get rid of him. Have you ever thought things might change when Steve actually MEETS Yao and gets to play with him...People on here jump on and off the bandwagon so easily

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tozai,

Now that is something I agree with. However, Steve should really wait until he meets Yao and plays with him before he makes a judgment about him.

DaDakota

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Do you really think, given the way Steve has thus far acted on his opinion, that he will accept Ming with open arms.

I fell sorry for Yao, and China, as a difficult transition, will probably now only be made that much harder.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

JR- first of all you make yourself look like an ass by name-calling someone based on a soundbite which depending on the question isn't even bad at all. how he's being a punk for disagreeing on a huge-move in his life, i have no idea. until he demands a trade or refuses to report to camp, he doesn't deserve this from rocket's "fans."

secondly, i doubt you could even type a response on your computer with the migraine that steve apparently played with during that all-star game, which by the way was COMPLETELY meaningless.

13. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Back your ass up JR Steve did not embarass himself at all at the all-star game he played the best he could with the migraine condition he had. HE DESERVED THAT SPOT and he will continue to deserve even more.

Only jackass I see is your pathetic character attack ploys on someone you do not know shilt about except for what he does on the court.Credentials means squat.

14. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Let's see.. whats that saying? OH YEAH!

TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE! :D

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

This crap is getting so stupid. Steve is our team leader. I think its okay that he doesnt agree 100% with the Rockets. He hasnt gone public with any comments. You people need to stop wasting our time with "stevie bashing".

16. JR

JR Contributing Member

Steve and Cuttino are acting like bigger clowns than the Bucks' big 3 a couple of years ago. And Steve and Cuttino have actually accomplished LESS.

Steve has the talent to be the best player in the league. But how about a reality check Steve? The guy TALKS like a superstar. But he's not one -- YET. And until then, ignoring your coach (which he admitted to on a last possession timeout call/non-call this year) and publicly questioning -- yes, rezdawg, publicly -- the managerial decisions of the club is BUSH LEAGUE.

Steve is acting like a jackass, which is why i called him that. Troy, I don't really care if Steve is a great guy, and he does get migraines. He has played some gutsy ball over the last 2 years, no doubt, played hurt when a bunch of other guys probably wouldn't even have been on the court. But this ridiculous anti-Ming (and anti-CD/RT) posture is prima donna material. It's the reason fewer and fewer people are watching and caring about the Rockets these days.

17. tozai

tozai Member

Yes, I think things will change if Yao is as good as advertised. Steve wants the team to win. If Yao helps them, then he will accept him. He doesn't want to take a risk, when there are surer things, but if the risk turns out, then all is well.

18. sydmill

sydmill Member

Why should anyone feel sorry for Ming and China?

They made this to complicated he should have to come to the NBA under the same regulations as everybody else, but for some reason he gets all the rules strecthed for him. And as far as feeling sorry for China, please, this gov't hates our country and the only reason their even doing this is so they can say they have done better than us in something. But when Ming goes out like a chump it will be O.K.

If Stevie leaves I go with him, Rudy named him the franchise player so that is what he should be. He's the All-Star here not Ming. And him and Cuttino have all the right to voice their opinion, All you clutch city chumps talking down on them are the whinning babies with no right to take a players side that you've never seen play.

As far as Andre Miller how many playoff game's has this sissy ever played in. Andre Miller is a biatch.

19. sydmill

sydmill Member

Why should anyone feel sorry for Ming and China?

They made this to complicated he should have to come to the NBA under the same regulations as everybody else, but for some reason he gets all the rules strecthed for him. And as far as feeling sorry for China, please, this gov't hates our country and the only reason their even doing this is so they can say they have done better than us in something. But when Ming goes out like a chump it will be O.K.

If Stevie leaves I go with him, Rudy named him the franchise player so that is what he should be. He's the All-Star here not Ming. And him and Cuttino have all the right to voice their opinion, All you clutch city chumps talking down on them are the whinning babies with no right to take a players side that you've never seen play.

As far as Andre Miller how many playoff game's has this sissy ever played in. Andre Miller is a biatch.