1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question for my fellow Brazilians living in America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Anxiety Trooper, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Anxiety Trooper

Do you miss living in Brasil? I moved to the states when I was 6 and went back every other summer growing up. Now I'm 28 and I'm not sure I'll ever raise a family there. My GF is American / Columbian so that makes things tricky.

2. SK34

SK34 Member

Are every other girl in Brasil fine as heck?

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Yes they are, if you're more into booties than boobs.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

huehuehuehuehuheuhuehuehue

Anderson Silva or Vitor Beltfort

5. SK34

SK34 Member

Do they get fat easily after marriage or having babies?

6. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I'm not Brazilian, but I just booked a roundtrip flight for next month on American Airlines from Orlando to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for $387 roundtrip in first-class. :grin:

7. Anxiety Trooper

That's Iffing awesome!

8. Anxiety Trooper

What rockbox said.

9. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I know this guy named Mike---dude's always in Brazil.

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Why are you such an awesome poster?

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Please tell me more.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG]

YES. :eek:

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yeah, his vblog is pretty awesome. He's a King at representing Reality.

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Yes they are. Went on vacation there a year ago and could not believe how hott some of these girls were.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I want a Brazilian chick so bad. I would drink her toilet water....

16. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I saw the deal here, and since I have Executive Platinum status on American Airlines, they allowed me to use one of my upgrade certificates to upgrade to first class. Regardless of first class, $387 is a great deal for this flight.

17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

There isn't a brazilian living in America. It's more like 314 million.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm an American who speaks Portuguese. I've been to Brazil a couple times, once to Rio. By all means, if you can go, go. But know that in a year the place is gonna be all-World Cup, all the time, chaos on top of chaos.

First, about the women. Yes, they are that fine. Fine as hell. They have a lot of immigration from everywhere, so you'll find Lebanese Brazilians and Japanese Brazilians and lily-white Brazilians and so forth.

But the main part of Brazil's people are a mix (some more, some less) of European (Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, primarily), African (Brazil had four times the slave population that we did), and indigenous (tribes from the Amazon and from the mostly-gone forests along the coast). So you mainly see all shades of brown.

My wife is from Tocantins state and when I met her lived in Mato Grosso. She's probably 50% indigenous and the rest split between European and black. We get dirty looks from South Asian women because few South Asians marry outside their race and they think my wife is from India.

My wife is generally happy here because Brazil in many respects, although improved over the last decade, is a mess. Salaries are horrific, bureaucracy is stifling, the politicians are so corrupt they make all our politicians look like Honest Abe. She'd live there if I got a good job at a U.S. company there but otherwise wouldn't look forward to it.

Generally life for her here is more comfortable and offers more variety and opportunity. Drawbacks? Of course she misses her family and Americans in general are more closed-off and cloistered. There, life is more outdoors. People walk more (they often must, fewer people have cars). Here, we have nice air-conditioning, we have nice toys, we continue to live a largely indoor existence. It took her awhile to get used to not seeing people outside (and it isn't just the Houston heat; she lived in Cuiaba, the hottest city in South America; I was sweating to death in the "less-warm" season).

She does miss the food there such as pomonha and the various fruits we don't have. But we have far more variety as far as food goes.

She also appreciates the Texan hospitality. Here, someone'll stand opening the door for you at, say, Valero gas station, even though you're a good 15 feet away. You don't get that in Brazil. "Hell," I told her, "you won't get that in New York."

As far as marrying a Brazilian, I was lucky in finding someone who matches my sometimes extroverted, sometimes introverted nature. Brazilians in general grow up around noise, lots of people, talk talk talk, so if you're the shy retiring type, keep it in mind before you head off to Rio (the most beautiful place I have ever seen, and I've travelled a lot; but keep one eye on the ladies and the other on your valuables).

19. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Question for you people: What's the best brasilian cafe in town? I'm talking like the kind that gets busy around 10 and has brasilian satellite tv on. There's one by myself and it's awesome, just figured you guys would be the people to ask

20. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

fixed