1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about the seed and home-court

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bingfei236, Apr 13, 2008.

1. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

hi, guys, what happen if we , LA, NO end with same record, who will get the first seed?

i knew seed and hc is different , so does that mean, we'll never be the 1seed if we have same record with NO(better division) even going to 3way tie?

if yes, so we will end with 3rd seed, right?

2. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

3 way tie we'd be #1 seed due to cumulative record vs. the other two teams.

we're 4-3 vs those 2, NO is 4-4, LAL is 3-4. Houston #1, NO #2, LAL #3? I think anyways. I know for sure we'd get the 1 seed, but not sure about how NO and LAL would line up.

3. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

i confused, because NO owns tiebreak with us, why they seed under us?

4. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

It isn't the same as a 2 way tie (division record then conference record). A 3 way tie is cumulative record, division record, then conference record.

5. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

how about 4 team tie? :confused:

6. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

where is "cumulative record" come from? any link?

7. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Record in games between the 3 teams. Houston is 4-3 combined vs LA and NO, NO is 4-4 combined vs Hou and LA, and LA is 3-4 combined vs Hou and NO. So in a 3 team tie Houston gets the 1 seed.

8. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

i checked NBA website, there is no cumulative record in term to decide who is 1seed

i also speak to some of friend of LA, they said if WE,NO,LA end up with same record, even we have tiebreak with LA, we still end up with 3rd seed, because of Division-winner go to the top 4 seed, which means, before we are talking about tie-break with LA, we have knocked out by NO.

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

go here

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=144705&goto=lastpost

it has been explained

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

there is no special rule to determine one specific seed from the next (determining the first seed is done the same way all the other seeds are determined). a tie breaker is a tiebreaker and has a criterion to follow...

you might want to just click that thread above for more info